Sign in to follow this  
Jipay

The loco is available

You can now order the new loco on shop at home ! Anyone who will order this beauty here ?

it includes two minifigs and the dark green color *wub* This could be nice to create some nice MOC's

Hmmm.. lots of nice parts, especially all those dark green. But I doubt I will get it. I'm not really into trains and there are other sets I want to get. And as David said, its too expensive for me too.

Jon.

I am into train but I also find it really expensive, and I think this is the general feeling. I already found the 30 euro price of the world city loco too high, so this one is breakin the hell. This is the problem of AFOL aimed sets. lego knows they have (too much) money to spend and that they always want more.

I think I would get it with a 100% probability if it included a motor. Now it is a nice model, so I don't know if i'll resist *wacko*

Nota : it could be interessant to see how the AFOL community impact on lego marketing strategy :'(

Hi guys,

I've bought only one (not yet received). Yes it's an expensive one...but you know, i'm addicted to LEGO train. I would have appreciated a motorized version at about 55-60 euros

The dark green color...yes that's cool but not for MOC use from my point of you. I mean there is so few parts in that color to make really nice creations. I just hope others officials sets in the future will use this color.

6Studs

Well I find this price really high. 60 euros *gasps*. Erm I think you have a job, this may explain why you can buy such a train ;)

I wander if they had plained to release any additional set for this locomotion

Concerning the dark green color, I have doubts, I thought it was only a promotionnal color like the maersk blue. But who knows ! Lego is surprising us a lot lately |-D

Dark green is surely a wanted color... (at least for me)... Imagine how it could improve landscaping and plants!!! :oD

But there aren't that many dark green pieces available.. so you would have to have brick built landscapes. Are there many other sets with dark green in them??

Jon.

Erm Jon, you should listen more carefully in classes ! This is the first set with this color *satis*

And remember that beautifull landscapes can be built with normal bricks :oD

Erm Jon, you should listen more carefully in classes ! This is the first set with this color  *satis*

Oops :$ Didn't notice...

And remember that beautifull landscapes can be built with normal bricks

yeah, that's true, we don't have that many bricks in this color yet. But maybe lego will expand this color, who knows ? Or will it remain the only dark green set ?

Dark green is surely a wanted color... (at least for me)... Imagine how it could improve landscaping and plants!!! :oD

I'm in Landscaping classes and the dark green bricks aren't that good, just good for pine-cones trees (Which I haven't learned about yet.)

Plus the dark green pices are not in a lot of good shapes.

Dark green is surely a wanted color... (at least for me)... Imagine how it could improve landscaping and plants!!!  :oD

I'm in Landscaping classes and the dark green bricks aren't that good, just good for pine-cones trees (Which I haven't learned about yet.)

Plus the dark green pices are not in a lot of good shapes.

I can imagine to use them for different types of landscape / grounds.. E.g. you could build a forrest, where the normal floor is green and then you could add some swamp which is dark green.....

And I really hope that there will come even mor edark green pieces, I hope at least we'll be able to get many basic types, like plates and bricks....

Or will it remain the only dark green set ?

Hmm.. maybe we will see a dark green x-pod! ;)

Jon.

And hopefully they will be around next year too! Well.. I hope they are. *satis*

How many dark green trains can YOU fit in an X-Pod??? :D

Assembled or dis-assembled? I will have a go! :P

Jon.

Anyone who will order this beauty here ?

Yep, I've build the beauty last week, and now it's standing proudly next to my copy of this "Chessy System Freight Train" custom set.

You've guessed it, I have a job also, for me it's the only way to make my LEGO hobby bearable.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Yep, I've build the beauty last week, and now it's standing proudly next to my copy of this "Chessy System Freight Train" custom set.

Moom, you don't happen to have a "copy" of the instructions for the Chessy set do you? :D

*satis* I purchased one and think it's an excellent set. I love the color combination (esp. the new dark green color). This is a unique set in design and color. Unfortunately, the top does not lift off like the Super Chief to allow a view of the engine. The top of the front compartment does lift off to insert the driver. This is a great set and I can't wait to see the rolling stock that it will pull.

Too expensive for me, but mentioning x-pods, what will the new colors be? they have yellow, blue,green,red,orange,light blue,lime green,and purple. What next? Dark green is a possobility...