Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

New Ferrari Set Pic Review

Guys, I bought yesterday both the Finish Line (8672) and Fuel Stop (8673) sets !!!

Here is my pic review of both sets !!

As an intro here are pros and cons common to both sets: I really love the Ferrari Mfs technicians and Pilots !! The red and white baclavas are awsome !!!

There are great parts and accessories in those sets that make them a great part sets as well !!!

The only thing I truly dislike is the amount of bloody stickers on !!!!! Its as painfull as the Exo line if you see what I mean hehe :wink:

Let me start with the Ferrari Finish Line (8672)

First to have a generic idea, here is the pic of the front box and a general pic of the whole set (except the actual finish line)

img_1466.jpg

img_1496.jpg

Now lets have a closer look on the Mfs !!

First, there are 3 mfs that can be used in any city Moc: you have a cameraman, an ancher dude and a guy in a classic black suit (those are great figs !!!)

img_1470.jpg

img_1471.jpg

img_1472.jpg

Then you have the Ferrari crew together: hey guys say cheese !!!

img_1473.jpg

Then finally, you have the two pilots that are peach colour (whereas all the others are yellow): Schumi and Massa yeay !! (I took the helmet off for the pic)

img_1477.jpg

Now lets have a closer look to special equipment !!!

On this generic pic, you can see a red cart, 2 tires, tool rack and tools and a Ferrari cart

img_1479.jpg

The other piece of equipment is a pressure pump to inflate tires or getting the main screw of the tire in or out

img_1500.jpg

Now there are two stands: the first one is just a stand for techniciens to be near the track and relay info to the pilots via a hand sign, and the other stand is just loads of computers allowing techniciens to be all thaey can be :wink:

I think its sad that TLC never produced a Jean Todt MF but oh well !!!

img_1481.jpg

img_1482.jpg

img_1483.jpg

Now here is just a few pics of the actual cars because they are exactly the same as the previous models (and you still have the n

And in a shameless act of triple posting ( :-D :tongue: ) here is my review of Ferrari Fuel Stop (8673)

I love this neat little set that comprises a F1 car, some neat equipment and 5 MFs !!!!

So for starters, here is a pic of the front box and a general pic of all whats inside

img_1502.jpg

img_1521.jpg

Now lets go on the Mfs !!!

I wil only post 2/5 (on the 3 non seen MFs there is the regular pilot with a white baclava and two red baclava dudes).

I didn't Spielberg was on the Ferrari Team :-D

img_1516.jpg

And here is the most brilliant Ferrari Tech: the Fireman :wub: !! Its soooo awsome !!! I shall BL to have a second one !!!!!! (looool do not look at the nasty detail reflecting on the helmet !!! :-D :tongue: )

img_1515.jpg

Now here is a pic of small equipment: fire extinguisher, red cart, tire and computer

img_1504.jpg

Here is a pic of the car (yep its sponsor less :wink: ) with its regular pilot

img_1506.jpg

Now lets focus on the bigger equipment !!!

The fantastic gas pump !!! I love this !!!!!

img_1508.jpg

img_1509.jpg

Such equipment is in desesperate need of a huge firefighter pomps (and the sweeeet fig)

img_1510.jpg

Okie guys this is all :wink: I hope you enjoyed this review !!

Comments, requests are always welcome !!

Yoda

Nice review Yoda! Not a Ferrari fan nor a huge fan of red bricks, so I'll skip on these. And all the stickers... :dry:

I definately want some of those smoke quarter-round panels from the winning stand though. Those look like great windscreens :wub:

great review yoda :biggrin:

i'm not going to buy this either. they may be great for the fans, to me only the parts are interesting...

Thanks for the review Yoda.

I loved the Scudaria truck last year, and got all hyped up about Ferrari because of it. That set was a very fun build and looks very nice on my shelf.

I got this set right away when it came out, but have yet to build it because looking at it the impression is that it is just a collection of little sets, none really outstanding except the podium. There are some cute little touches which you show very well in the review, but the build seems bleh, and the play value seems very little. As you said - this one would only look really good as part of a much bigger MOC.

Truly, the podium is excellent. Other than that there is nothing here that we do not have from last year's Ferrari. I've bought it, but don't really have this on my agenda to unbox and build and modify.

Cheers.

Gyl

I am not really into these but the red helmut on the fire guy is a must have for me. I almost bought the set for just that piece. I will need to BL it for sure. I haven't decided if I like the other figures or not yet. The parts are nice and all but not what I am into.

Great review by the way green guy.

Nice reviews,

I don't like the torso stickers very much. There is two much black outline and they seem too small to fit properly on the figs.

I also wish Lego would make similar sets of the Renault team instead of Ferrari (I'm a Renault-fan myself :tongue:)

Oh, and you got a few things mixed up:

img_1477.jpg

It seems you put the stickers on the wrong minifig, Schumacher's face is the one of the right fig and Massa's the left (though it seems it's just Barrichello's face they reused from 8389)

Would it be possible to have a pic of their helmets? I'm curious if they made a new helmet for Massa, or they just reused Barrichello's one too?

And the "firefighter" is just the mechanic operating the fuel pump. He wears more protective clothes and helmet to protect him from potential fires (which can occur if some of the fuel is spilled on a hot exhaust for example)

OOOOOOps :$

You are soooo right ScrypT :wink: I mixed the heads up !!!! Sorry about that, my bad !!!! The error is fixed now, pfewwwww. Tks for pointing that out hehe :wink:

Schumi's helmet is exactly the same, and Massa is a plain red one (no markings whatsoever).

Its weird they used Barrich's head for Massa :wink:

And I am also a huge Renault fan !! Oh boy what a Team !!! I can't wait for the new season !!!

Yoda

The torso printing is a sticker? Ah, man that just plain sucks :mad: . I won't buy this set since I'm not much of a Town fan nor a stickers fan. I would really like to know the reason why Schumi and Massa are peach and the crew is yellow :dry: .

I'm Almost considering getting the Fuel Stop, if I hadn't already spent a lot on town sets.

Has the computer screen and keyboard... usually don't see those except in the really big sets (Hospital or Police Station)

While I really dislike Lego's new sticker habit, this is one place where it actually benefits... Just leave the stickers off the minifigs, and instead of a ferrari pit crew you get Red Space Ninjas! Tho I'll have to dig thru my parts bin to find visors for their helmets...

Great review :biggrin:

One thing though I think the Spielberg figure as you called him is supposed to be Ross Brawn Ferrari's technical director.

I was looking at these sets at the weekend but my car goes for a service this week so I dont have any spare cash. They will go on my must have list!

I cant wait for the new season still only 12 days to go :-D

Great review yoda!

My girlfriend bought me the fuel stop for our 7 month aniversary. Great little set. Very much worth the $20. Wish i could say the same for the Finish Line. Since i have the Scuderia Truck an the fuel stop, i already have number 1, and 2 cars. So basicly that means spending $60 on the podium, tools (whitch also is a duplicate of the the Scuderia truck tools) and stands. Not worth it for me.

I loved the Scudaria truck last year, and got all hyped up about Ferrari because of it. That set was a very fun build and looks very nice on my shelf.

The Scuderia truck was one of my favorite builds last year was well. When i got the ferrari Fuel Stop, i modified the Truck to carry fuel cart, fire cart and extra tires! It loks really good carrying all that equpiment!

Love the review yoda, this set is beautiful.

Oh and we forgive you for the dreaded triple posting......... :biggrin: