Sign in to follow this  
Svelte

LEGO Prince of Persia Month - the Eurobricks Contest

Slightly off topic here - but was there a thread regarding your second MOC Svelte? I'm very interested in those griffins!

No, it was done as quickie job just for the contest :grin: Here's the overall view:

4519488415_84c353c500.jpg

The griffins are Hippogriffs, but they're a common motif in Persian architecture (google Persia griffin). I've been waiting 6 years to use them properly! :laugh:

Yes, I'm familiar with the mythology and hence was very impressed with your usage! I was in my dark ages during Harry Potter, so I wasn't familiar with the hippogriffs, other than from the books. They look very appropriate.

Wow, this is a great idea Svelte!

A perfect opportunity to show off the awsome-ness that is Prince of Persia. :classic:

I have a lot of ideas and I look forward to seeing what other people come up with!

It could be based on any of the games or the movie, as long as it *looks* like it could be an official set.

does it have to tie in with the movie or can it be like an alternate version with like crusader knights in it? reason I ask is never played the games or saw the movie so clueless on whats in them.

as it goes i'm ready to start designing, already got a head start on PoP sets:

dsc01299.jpg

actually have 2 of the Alamut sets along with a market set and 2 desert attack sets.

Edited by Asterios

To add to the excitement, all the sets are now available for Europe too from S@H :oh::thumbup:

Yay, Thank you Svelt! I will be have to try entering each catagory. :tongue: Good job I bought the Indy market place....

does it have to tie in with the movie or can it be like an alternate version with like crusader knights in it? reason I ask is never played the games or saw the movie so clueless on whats in them.

Read the rules again! It does not have to tie in with any specific game or movie :wink:

Read the rules again! It does not have to tie in with any specific game or movie :wink:

So basically anything Ancient persian looking will work?

if so that opens up a whole new world of opportunities and will work with what I have.

Edited by Asterios

Great categories. Looking forward to the entries.

btw: I really like the 'gate in the rocks' you've built for this. Shows again how much potential this theme has.

Very interesting..

but then i dot have any PoP sets neither any minifigs

or tan or white colours

so im guessing for a dark bluish gray stone mountain with some green, functions and accessories, traps or something

im not used to build those kind of things but would give it a shot..

oh crud just reread rules and noticed no BF or BA items(thats gonna hurt) and only one entry per catagory, so have to slim it down and decide(was going to do about 3 for the first catagory)

To add to the excitement, all the sets are now available for Europe too from S@H :oh::thumbup:

Are you sure? Because when I just checked, they didn't show up for either the Netherlands, Portugal, Norway or the UK: and those were just the countries I checked randomly.

Best not to get people's hopes up too early!

EDIT: Thankfully, I was wrong and Svelte and LuxorV corrected me! They are all available!

Edited by Alldarker

Are you sure? Because when I just checked, they didn't show up for either the Netherlands, Portugal, Norway or the UK: and those were just the countries I checked randomly.

Best not to get people's hopes up too early!

Oh, that's no good. I was only checking quickly. Maybe over the next 24 hours they will appear. They seem to go in batches - usually Australia is last to go live so I assumed everyone else could get them. Wait and see :wink:

EDIT: Yep, they're all showing up for me in the countries you mention. Look again :thumbup:

oh crud just reread rules and noticed no BF or BA items(thats gonna hurt) and only one entry per catagory, so have to slim it down and decide(was going to do about 3 for the first catagory)

That's one of the most challenging things about this kind of contest: you have to make up your mind and hold an inner vote to decide which possible entry you think has the greatest potential. It all adds to the exitement and usually prevents floods of semi-final entries, inviting people to submit only well rounded ones.

Trust me, I know, since I used to make a lot of entries just for the excitement of the contest basic idea, and never ended winning a thing because all of them had a particle of the right feel, but it was too split into them all and none got a top score :classic:

Then, right when I realised how to do it, I became Staff and lost the chance of winning again (not considering the MOCing giants between ous Staff, which makes competition all the harder :sadnew: ) :tongue:

@ Alldarker - try searching them through their set number: they are there, only they are not officially listed yet :wink:

LuxorV

That's one of the most challenging things about this kind of contest: you have to make up your mind and hold an inner vote to decide which possible entry you think has the greatest potential. It all adds to the exitement and usually prevents floods of semi-final entries, inviting people to submit only well rounded ones.

Trust me, I know, since I used to make a lot of entries just for the excitement of the contest basic idea, and never ended winning a thing because all of them had a particle of the right feel, but it was too split into them all and none got a top score :classic:

Then, right when I realised how to do it, I became Staff and lost the chance of winning again (not considering the MOCing giants between ous Staff, which makes competition all the harder :sadnew: ) :tongue:

LuxorV

Actually i've come up with some good multiple catagory entries on other sites and have won prizes in them too.

I've done bridge fight scenes castle siege scenes, my problem is which one to do, just from the first I heard of this contest already had 3 designs in my head for the first catagory alone and now have to decide on which one to do since whether by themselves or a bunch entered by me they will still be the same design. (but the no Brickforge items killed 2 other designs I thought of that I was already working on).

Oh, that's no good. I was only checking quickly. Maybe over the next 24 hours they will appear. They seem to go in batches - usually Australia is last to go live so I assumed everyone else could get them. Wait and see :wink:

EDIT: Yep, they're all showing up for me in the countries you mention. Look again :thumbup:

I stand totally corrected by both LuxorV and you! My appologies; it was the theme pages which weren't showing up yet, but the set search works like a charm! Great news for everyone here in Europe who wants these sets.

And thanks for organising the excellent competition!

Wow this looks fun! I'm wanting to try now, hmmm where to get my hands on the loads of tan/dark tan I need for what I'm thinking....

All right, I'm in!

However, I don't know for sure if there will be an entry from me. Will I be disqualified for that? I'm pretty sure, but not for sure, know mean? ;P

Good. So there's still hope that they will have the sets in Billund, too! :cry_happy:

Although it's nice we don't have to work with PoP parts, it takes a lot of the arabic feeling if we are not able to use the new arches 88292.jpg due to the lack of PoP sets. Guess I will have to break my GE for those pieces. :sceptic:

Or buy all PoP sets. :devil:

However, I don't know for sure if there will be an entry from me. Will I be disqualified for that? I'm pretty sure, but not for sure, know mean? ;P

Errr... sorry?

Are you asking if you can win without an entry? :wacko:

Wow, more contests. Eurobricks delivers!! I can't wait to see these.

No, just if I can - nevermind. I'm pretty sure I can whip up an entry so yeah, count me in. :]