Sign in to follow this  
Svelte

LEGO Prince of Persia Contest Entries - Category 2

LEGO Prince of Persia Contest Entry Thread - CATEGORY 2 - The Persian Version

** POST THE NAME OF YOUR CREATION, YOUR THREE ENTRY PICS, AND SHORT DESCRIPTIVE PARAGRAPH HERE **

All questions should be posted in the contest discussion thread.

Dastan's Battle Chariot(Yes, I Persian-ified that. Meaning this)

4536518494_cfdac1d5ee_b.jpg

4536518488_b0693abd34.jpg

4536518496_baea0be1ff.jpg

Yes, I've created a Persian Version of the much-maligned 7078 King's Battle Chariot. A wise choice for garnering votes? Perhaps not, but it kept my mind off of being sick. The king, the guard, and the trolls have been replaced with Dastan, Tamina, and the Hassansins, respectively. The color scheme has been made much more deserty and even includes a splash of sand dark orange and PoP arches. Then there's the insanely strong camel replacing the insanely strong horse, and the dagger of time replacing the treasure chest. And, of course, the finishing touch of a scattering of sideways studs to "encourage parkour play", as SAH so eloquently puts it, finishes off the Persianification.

pop5.jpg

pop6.jpg

pop7.jpg

Persian "Police Motorbike" Ready to chase pickpockets in the marketplace and raiders in the desert!

Persian Post Station

The real life Persians are credited with setting up the first proper mail service in around 500 BC. The system involved message carriers (called Chapar) riding between post stations (called Chapar-Khane), where they would swap their horse for a fresh one, before riding on to the next station. This allowed messages to travel at the fastest possible speed.

My Chapar-Kane is based on a "Persion Version" of set 6689 (the small Post Station from 1985) Click for original. I used the basic layout and size of the original, but using modern parts, I've altered the colour, redesigned the roof (the "polished metal" will reflect sunlight so the message carrier can see the post from a distance) and swapped the bike for an ostrich (I was going to use a horse but the ostrich fits better in the small animal enclosure I added). The yellow/red flags are an homage to the original post office sign. I stuck to using Persian versions of the original minifigs - an ostrich riding postman and a female customer/member of staff.

ps.jpg

ps1.jpg

ps2.jpg

Thanks for looking - and good luck to everyone who enters...

Cheers

Greg

Cameltraz

The most dangerous job in Persia requires the strongest facilities and the very best technology in the world. That's right - camel herding.

This Persian version of one of my favourite Power Miners sets - 8191 Lavatraz - features a fully working camel hoist and suspended control cab, allowing the herders to move their beasts around from safely high above the ground. However, if those deadly domedaries get out of control, they could smash through the front of the reinforced cage and escape! Fortunately, the snare-a-pult can quickly recapture any stray camels. The facility also contains a fruit juicer to help the herders combat the harsh desert sun.

Of course, I couldn't build a desert-themed set without using my precious micro-mummies. See if you can spot them.

cameltraz_all_2.jpg

cameltraz_open_2.jpg

cameltraz_cab_2.jpg

Edit: Replaced images

Edited by Dunjohn

Shah's pimped chariot

You are Sparta? We are PERSIA! And we're ridiculously rich Persia! Me homies, let me introduce to you, da one and only "Bling Chariot". Where shall I begin? Oh ya, da mighty Persian horse. Strongest of its kind, dressed in gold barding and topaz headlamp, you can't go wrong with dat. The body-- oh ya the body-- semi- dome gold plated front, scorpion figurehead made of pure gold, all Persian frame, extended leg room, and scimitars for interior, to add more flava and extra protection-- lemme tell you, the streets aren't safe anymore nowadays, with all those princes and Spartans! You better check out the customized hatch as well, made extra room to stash more cash, ya know what I'm sayin'. We gonna have the exterior blinged out, we gonna shove 2 more scimitars up the sides, we gonna erect the farvahar, and vroom vroom off the street we gooooo! Now dat's what I call a pimped ride!

p1040835a.jpg

p1040836a.jpg

p1040837a.jpg

I heard some king out there tried to imitate ma bling chariot. Oooh anyways.

Here is my entry, I decided to go with a LEGO CITY set - #7746 , the Single-Drum Roller

Here is a link to the original Single-Drum Roller

Now here is my Persian Version , The Alamut CITY Camel-Powered Road Maker

4563854518_f11749bf65.jpg

Build new roads for LEGO® Prince of Persia

Alamut City is always growing, and with all the destruction in the upcoming Movie , Its going to need new roads! With its Big drum, the 2 Camel Powered roller flattens sand and rocks to make roads for carts and wagons to travel as far as the road goes. Although traveling on the roads is not recommended due to the increasing number of Hasassin atacks.

* Roller drum spins to flatten the sand and is powered by 2 desert camels

* Includes 2 Alamut construction worker minifigures and accessories!

* Measures almost 8" (20cm) long!

4563221881_29d60296c0.jpg

A side View, Note the Fuel tank is full of apples for the Camels

4563221599_0bf8c2a3a4.jpg

Get ready to Roll

Edited by Fatyankee

Karaban ~ The Sand-cloud City

I decided to Persian-ify the classic Star Wars 10123 Cloud City playset and created... Karaban!

The doomed city of Karaban: swallowed by a sand-storm of epic proportions and left buried for an age. It has risen again only to be populated by the darkest, most evil beings in all of Persia!

Click image for LARGE version.

karaban.jpg

Like it's Star Wars counterpart, Karaban is modular and comprise of multiple parts: Karaban Courtyard, Karaban Fire Chamber, Karaban Caverns, Nizam's Altar... and an area of desert outside. This suits the feel of the Prince of Persia games being divided into levels! Most play-features found in Cloud City have found their counterpart in Karaban.

Here, Dastan and Tamina's adventures take hem to the courtyard of the mysterious Karaban, where they find themselves surprised by the sudden disappearance of their guide. But alas! The Hassassin have already ambushed him, dragging him to the Karaban Fire Chamber, where (with a pull of the skull) he'll fall through the floor and into the fiery lava below. Will Dastan and Tamina meet the same, terrible fate?

Click image for Karaban Cavern.

karaban-entrance.jpg

Atop an isolated outcrop of rock, Nizam casts his terrible plans, scrying a powerful orb filled with Sands of Time. Only Dastan has the agility to make it through the caverns of Karaban and across the rope-bridge to confront him.

Click image to see what happens!

karaban-nizam.jpg

Click this link to access the Brickshelf folder with many more pics including exterior.

Best of luck to all the entrants!

Edited by pedro

Imperial Cavalry (The original set.)

Dastan just got his hair cut and finished cleaning up at the oasis. When two Imperial Cavalry comes charging at our hero. Will he survive? Can he get a way? Help decide Dastan's fate!

The Charge

popcavalry1.jpg

Another View

popcavalry2.jpg

Victory?

popcavalry3.jpg

Scorpion Sweeper

Hello! Here is my entry; a Persian-ified version of 8961: Crystal Sweeper. :classic:

The scorpions in Persia have overpopulated, and are ravaging local villages! Fortunately, a massive horse-powered vehicle known as the Scorpion Sweeper is here to save the day! The Scorpion Sweeper has a big auto-rotating wheel with nooks that can whack scorpions into a bin located at the back of the vehicle! Also, workers can use the whips to make the horses go faster and use the escape-horse in case of an emergency! After a long day of sweeping-up nasty scorpions, workers can take a break at the command cabin! However, a nearby Hassansin warrior has constructed a snake-launching catapult and is waiting to ambush nearby travelers for fun!

4587516970_fd1dac2087.jpg

4586891633_81ab636c45.jpg

4586891477_e2b49206b5.jpg

(Here is a link to see the images on my Flickr page)

Modular Market Square

After debating over what set to do i finally came up with one, so here is my PoPified 6242 Soldiers Fort! :classic:

15705_118080784890147_100000646783831_167093_7533294_n.jpg

Its Modular just like the original design.

15705_118080791556813_100000646783831_167094_3284147_n.jpg

Originally the small boat.

15705_118080798223479_100000646783831_167095_6723659_n.jpg

And here is a good shot of the tower (i would have thrown in a modular alternative but it takes a long time to give pictures a nice white background in MS Paint. :wink: )

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures (Once uploaded) Clicky

This model includes four modular sectons that can be arranged into many different models, a chariot, monkey and include six minifigures, Dastan, Sheik Amar, Hassasin, Citizen, and two marke stall owners. Can dastan fight off the evi hassasin that is search of the daggar of time? The action is in your hands!

Thanks and good luck everyone! :grin:

Edited by MrTools

"Nazim's Lock-up" Based off of 'Sherrif's Lock-Up'

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JTJ/PoP-...st/dscn2256.jpg

The blow-out back door (with 'EXIT' sign :p) and Seso the prisoner inside (though you can't see him very well).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JTJ/PoP-...st/dscn2262.jpg

And the inside of Nizam's 'office'.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JTJ/PoP-...st/dscn2270.jpg

And, when I upload them/when public:

Brickshelf

Good luck, all.

Edited by Svelte
3000+ wide images removed, please resize to 800

Hassassin's Arsenal

4590769282_56ff0d2d20.jpg

Gear up for the battle! Take the role of a Prince of Persia ® Hassassin and arm yourself with a variety of weapons! Available now!

This entry of mine is based off of 8396 Soldiers Arsenal, in the Pirates line. You can compare how the two match up:

4590149379_6cc2edd9f7.jpg

And here's the arsenal by itself. It holds a double sword sheath with two katanas, a claw, and a spear. The Hassassin minifigure holds a double-sided ax and wears spiked epaulets.

4590769386_bcc6012c10.jpg

Enjoy!

Camouflaged Den

A Persian version of 6066 Camouflaged Outpost (Forestmen). Here we have a thieve's den out in the desert, built into a rock outcrop and camouflagued by the sandstone and some green scrub. In this version, we have some loot in the thieves den... I wonder does the door need a secret pass phrase? The band of thieves each have their preferred weapons, some preferring to strike out in the open with large weapons, and some preferring to drop in unexpectedly on people after climbing from rooftop to rooftop!

thieves.jpg

camo.jpg

den.jpg

PoP Vs SWU

"These are not the ostriches you are looking for." :tongue:

P1010689.jpg

~*Hippogriff Palace*~

Persian Version of 7419 Dragon Fortress

As soon as I saw this contest category, I knew I had to make a Persian version out of my absolute favorite set: Dragon Fortress from the Orient Expedition theme. Since I also have the Scorpion Palace from the same theme but no actual Prince of Persia sets, my contest entry became somewhat an amalgamation of the two Orient Expedition sets. Despite of that, I put my greatest effort to the set to make it both alike to the original yet as Persian as possible.

persianpalace.jpg

The adventures of the brave elephant tamer Jamal Thunder lead him and his companions - the shah's daughter Pipirzine and the astrologer Kilrad - to the mysterious palace of the Hippogriff Sultan hidden far across the deserts of Persia. There they encountered a beautiful slave dancer called Djinnili who promised to guide them to the secret vault of the Sultan.

persianpalace2.jpg

But as the adventurers infiltrated the palace, guards rushed in to stop them. Had Djinnili betrayed them? If it weren't for Jamal Thunder's masterful skills with the scimitar, the guards would have surely butchered all of them. But the dangers were far from over, for next the adventurers came face to face with Samir the Sinister, a notorious hook-handed hassassin who had been tracing Jamal Thunder under the orders of Pipirzine's father, the shah. It turned out that Samir had allied himself with the Sultan and told him of the adventurers' presence. Her honor restored, Djinnili helped Jamal and the others escape Samir.

persianpalace3.jpg

But the worse was still to come: guarding the Hippogriff Sultan's treasure was a terrible living statue of his ancestor riding on a real hippogriff. Only with Jamal Thunder's bravery, Pipirzine's quick wits and Kilrad's sagaciousness, the adventurers got their hands on the legendary Shield of Ages, a treasure long coveted by the shah himself but kept hidden by the Hippogriff Sultan. With it in hands, Jamal Thunder could finally face the vicious shah who had once dethroned Jamal's father, and regain his place as the rightful ruler of Persia.

You’ve built and enjoyed the Green Grocer, now it’s time for the…

Persian Grocer!

Expand your Persian neighbourhood or start a new one with the Persian Grocer! Designed in a modular style, this colorful and lively building features Ahmed’s grocery store on the ground floor and posh apartments that can be built, rebuilt and rearranged to suit your own whims. Detailed architecture includes realistic interior, courtyard access, a roof terrace with hanging gardens, and much more!

• Build an exotic street layout by combining Persian Grocer with Camel Station and Carpet Emporium (to be released)!

• Top floors lift off to reveal inner rooms!

• Grocery store features tiled floor, bins and shelves for tasty goods, fresh vegetables and fruit, strange liquors and exotic meats!

• Apartments have lots of details like arched windows, intricately detailed balconies, sand green marble floors, and a fine woven Persian carpet!

• Stairs lead up to the apartments and to the leafy terrace!

• Includes 5 persian minifigures, a camel, plus a cat and a rat!

Front view

4599823718_929d3b96cf.jpg

Roof terrace

4599206977_a902e378fd.jpg

Grocer

4599825154_277ef2bd37.jpg

A few more photos will be available shortly in my Flickr gallery.

Fight for the Golden Tower

8107-1.jpg

The Japanese style golden tower is replace by a Persian-fied golden tower. The robot's Sonic Raven is replace by a roc controlled by a demon. Instead of protecting the secrete code, the tower protects the dagger of time. The tower's main cannon is replace by a flamethrower. The tower's guardian Hitomi is changed to a sexy female fighter.

fight_for_the_golden_tower_pop2.jpg

golden_tower.jpg

The golden tower by itself

roc.jpg

The attacking roc

Edited by lisqr

Now presenting the Persian Versian of the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid: The Persian Armored Charriot!!!

pop1.jpg

pop2.jpg

pop3.jpg

Here is the brickset link to the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid It was really challenging to build because I don't have any Prince of Persia sets or minifigs. I tried my best to replicate the functions of the original set, like the catapult and the flick-fire missiles. I was definately trying to make something out of the ordinary and I think I succeed. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to make a Persian Version of a Star Wars set. Hopefully by the end of this contest I will have a Prince of Persia set :wink:

Persian Traveller

This little MOC is a variation of CITY Airport 7567 traveller set:

7567-1.jpg

de6e15b323ad.jpg

6f7c433d41e7.jpg

Airport computer is replaced by a waymark. The donkey carries two bags: black and brown (in 7567 there is a trolley with black and brown luggage). There is a map in traveller’s hands (seriously, there aren’t any cameras in Ancient Persia!)

92b4047189a6.jpg

More variations of brickbuilt donkey are in my BAM entry.

Edited by -GZ-

Princess's Litter

Princess's Litter is a persian take on set 6044:Kings's Carriage.

Mostly yellow, white, red, blue and gold where used to stay close to the original color scheme.

The princess takes a stroll in her beautifully decorated litter.

She is accompanied by her honorary guards, and some treasure to give to the poor.

This set includes 8 servant minifigs,a unique persian princess minifg, a golden treasure chest, 2 golden shields and a white cat.

4615379439_64919d6840_o.jpg

4615379659_3c5098cb4a_o.jpg

4615379565_7173d6d34a_o.jpg

Edited by Mr palmtree

Dastan's Message (62 pieces) - Persian Version of Jabba's Message

Help the Prince get past the gate to the palace! But watch out for the guard! Use the salesman as a distraction!

Includes three figures.

4616627506_7aec20d5fb_b.jpg

4616627502_22a3b4e5c0_o.jpg

4616627498_5c89e50180_o.jpg

Hope you like it!

Edited by Jammiedodger714

based on venice canal chase http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=7197-1

Escaping along alamuts river with the map to the dagger of time, Dastan and Tamina are chased by a secret order of Hassassins sworn to prevent the Dagger from being taken! Are a collapsing pier and a blast-apart boat enough to get them out of danger? Includes Dastan, Tamina and 2 hassassin figures. Recreate the exciting adventure from the movie Sands of Time !

4616924709_1606922713_m.jpg

4616924407_73283c143b_m.jpg

4616926259_8438a53f55_m.jpg