Sign in to follow this  
-zenn

After your MOC is done

I was wondering what everybody does when there moc's are done... After taking picures and stuff. :tongue:

I put mine on display and leave them the way they are, I also won't take pieces off when I need to salvage them for another moc. :sadnew:

Keep them assembled.

Though I've only done one for real so far. :laugh:

In time, I'll take it apart and recycle the parts for other projects.

I'll move this to the general LEGO discussion forum, as it is a LEGO discussion after all.

I build them, the MOCs go to a few shows, when I get bored with them or am changing a theme in my layout, I salvage them.

Although I have some MOCs that I will never part them out. They are either too nice, or way too much work went into them to take them apart.

Document it well with lots of nice pictures then add her back into the parts bin.

Unless you just love it, then you should display it proudly.

If I like it, it lasts as long as I want it too. From a few days to years. I always take photos of the ones I deem "worthy".

If I do not like it, apart it goes and I build a new one :thumbup:

I was wondering what everybody does when there moc's are done... After taking picures and stuff. :tongue:

I take it apart and build a new one :classic:

Simple as that!

If it's for my town creation I'm building it will never be ripped apart (might be improved like things are done in real life), but my earlier un-Aussie MOC's - yep, pulled apart in to the spares box(es).

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I mostly keep mine together but eventually use the parts for something else. The smaller ones last longer but most don't last more than a month before I need the parts for something else.

Some I save. Others I picture and then disassemble. Others I keep for a spell and then take pictures and disassemble.

It just depends I guess. No real rhyme or reason to my madness.

Well it depends on the size, I will put all of them on display or mess around with them for a while, however eventualy i salvage parts until it is taken apart for good. :classic:

I usually take pictures, post on EB, Flickr, Etc. After that, I keep them together for a few weeks or months, depending how long it takes me to get around to disassembling them and putting the pieces back in my sorted containers.

I display them, untill I need a couple of bricks, I can't resist and plunder them from the displayed MOCs. That goes on for a while untill the MOC on display can't be called a MOC anymore. So I demolish it after all. :tongue:

That won't happen with MOCs which takes several monts to build though. :wink:

It depends. If I really like it, I'll keep it together for decades. If it is so-so, I'll recycle it into other MOCs.

I keep them built, at least the major ones. I would take them apart if I needed the parts for something else, but some of my MOCs have been built for several years without that being the case. I just go to Bricklink or disassemble official sets instead, unless the parts I need are very rare and the MOC uses all the ones in my collection.

Hmm... Normally I wait for a while, then a month later take iot apart, but honestly- I worked on my Temple MOC so long, I have the urge to keep it together forever...

Snap a few pics, then to the "To Be Organized" bin. The pieces are then organized back into my collection, ready to make a new MOC with. It's the Natural Lego Cycle. You didn't learn about it in science class? :tongue:

If its something I am building for the club layout, it gets built and eventually photographed (I have a pile of MOCs dating back to about January that need to be photographed) and then it sits around built until the layout, after which its disassembled.

If its something that doesn't end up on the layout (e.g. there is nowhere suitable to put it), it gets disassembled so the bits can be used in MOCs that will go on the layout.

I display all my MOCs in the living room so as everyone can see them and I also keep all of them assembled, because I put a lot of effort into building them, but this is a very expensive decision.

Since I only have a small collection, my MOCs get recycled after a week or so. Only memories remain, and photos of course!

I agree with those who said "it depends" (because for me it really does).

In my case the major issue is whether I actually need any of the bricks from an existing MOC in large quantities for something new. Large MOCs are interesting in the sense that they offer a major source of raw materials. If I have a new idea, the old MOC will eventually give way but I've had some MOCs stay together for several years. Large MOCs tend to stay together a long time in my household. There's no sense in dismantling something that took so much time and effort if you aren't going to utilize the majority of the resources.

After I complete a MOC I photograph it for internet posting, then sometimes transcribe it into LDraw, and finally scrap it (taking photos while I do so to have better documentation of the design than just the finished MOC.) The one exception is Triton, whose long evolved design goes back to 1997, which remains in "active service." I also have some official Technic sets still assembled on the shelf - only because I haven't needed their parts yet...

I'm 100 % sure i'm not going to demolish my Halberd after it's finished, for various reasons.

I don't have a big collection of lego besides the actual ship, all my other parts (the parts that i don't use for the halberd itself) are just enough to fill about 1/5 of a small shoebox so i have to order all the parts i still need from the lego online pick a brick store. I've also worked way to long on this ship to demolish it, so i would just let it be displayed.