Bonaparte

The OFFICIAL LEGO Online Survey

The LEGO Group Wants to Hear From You!

I.e. YOUR chance to tell LEGO you want MORE NEW PIRATE SETS!!!

As Adult or Teenage Fans of LEGO, you bring an important perspective to the LEGO Group. We respect your creativity and passion for the LEGO brand.

Since December 2008, we have done quarterly online surveys to learn more about the needs and wishes of global AFOL (defined as ages 20+) and TFOL (defined as ages 13-19) communities. For your information, we have listed the key findings from the latest survey in November 2009 below. Now we ask you to take the survey again. It include some of the same questions, but also a set of new questions for you.

Please take a few moments to complete this short online survey to let us know your opinion about the LEGO Group.

You might notice that the link refers to the LEGO Kids Inner Circle; this is because Satmetrix, which hosts that site, is also supporting our efforts to track AFOL/TFOL opinions. Rest assured that this survey is for AFOL’s and TFOLs only.

Here are some of the key findings from the November 2009 survey:

- The survey was completed by 3.800 AFOLs and TFOLs. 30% of respondents were TFOLs, 70% was AFOLs. When asked about likeliness to recommend LEGO products and services to friends and family, AFOLs are (consistent with the previous surveys) more likely to recommend than TFOLs. When asked what the LEGO Group can do to improve willingness to recommend, most frequent answers center around request for adult/teen oriented products, re-release of classic sets and better pricing.

- In this survey we asked some questions specifically about LEGO Architecture. It was interesting for us to find out that 91% of the respondents are aware of LEGO Architecture. There was given as the most important reasons to purchase a LEGO Architecture set:

• I liked the building (53%)
  • I like the way the product looks when it is built (44%)
  • I just saw it and wanted it (40%)

- We also asked about AFOL and TFOL experiences with different LEGO Group touchpoints. A touchpoint is what we call places where consumers are in direct contact with the LEGO Group e.g. LEGO Stores, Consumer Service or LEGO.com. The touch points which received the highest rating by you was LEGO Stores and Consumer Service. The ones that received the lowest rating was LEGO.com (excluding S@H) and the Community Team. We will investigate the reasons for the lower ratings further as we certainly want to improve!

Thank you,

The LEGO Community Team

------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you're one of the many people who'd like to see the Pirate theme continue...

Take the online survey NOW!!!

Let us know how you go.

:pir-classic:

Will this aid at all, to getting a New Pirate theme? I will still do it, But I'm wondering why the Pirates want Architecture instead of giant pirate ships.

Done. :pir-classic:

I have chosen for more better sets (less big parts etc.), to keep their approved quality, and more modular, exclusive sets like the Imperial Flagship and the Market Village.

Now let's hope our wishes will be granted. :pir-tongue:

Done! One of the things I voted for was sets that are more useful to build an army with (at least, more minifigs and less other bricks).

Those sets would be nice next to the usual ones.

Done,

I choose to add the topic "Ensure the quality of the pre-assembled minifigurines (So called China quality) e.g. Pirates Tic-tac-Toe figs.

:pir_laugh2:

Diddyli Daddyli done, I am quite happy the service and all so wasnt actually nothing to complain, but i wished at IF Pirate line will be back, it should lst longer

Captain Becker

Will this aid at all, to getting a New Pirate theme?

Yes, it will most certainly help. The LEGO Company does these surveys because they listen to the fans, else they wouldn't spend their precious money on organizing these. This is a direct channel to LEGO and next to the ambassadors your chance to have your voice heard.

Done. And thanks for the feedback on the previous survey! :thumbup:

Done!

That would be really nice if lego introduced one REALLY big pirate set... something bigger than the IFS. I'd buy it!

Though I still wan't them to keep their existing quality (no cheap chinese plastic) Legos are already more expensive than they ought to be. Why should quality be compromised? The diversity between all the different sets in each line is also really nice, and should be kept.

:pir_yoda:

Done

i said i was a bit nostalgic of the old pirate sets...

i do not like when today's minifigs have got everything on them already.

and some new colour things...

may be i am just getting old :)

I finally got round to doing this survey so I thought I'd share my input, particularl for this question:

What can we do at The LEGO Group to make you give a higher score?

I started by adding my own options:

• Continue the SYSTEM LEGO Pirates theme
  • Re-introduce the Imperial Armada sub-theme

But I got cut short and this message appeared: "The ideas you have seen have been submitted by other participants in their own words"

Excellent!

I then continued with the predetermined options:

• When new sets are designed, stop using large bricks for something that can be built with several smaller bricks. That way sets will have more value for buyers, as more designs can be built from the same set.
  • Bring back pictures on the back of box of different models that can be built with that set.
  • Make lego for older kids, that still like to play with legos.

Perhaps not my first choices but they'll do.

Hmmmmm... Whoever wrote "Make lego for older kids, that still like to play with legos" doesn't seem that old...

I filled it in as well.

GO Pirates! (plus a few of my personal wishes of course)

Taking it as we speak, come on everyone, let LEGO know what we want!!!

Done.

- More Historical Themes, with more Civil sets, like the Age of Napoleon

Didn't realize you could still do the survey! But I have done it just now, and I am glad I did! I hope I made a difference!

These were my request, not really verbatim, but -

1. Continue the Pirates theme!

2. Make older themes and sets still available online

3. Make sets for teens, etc. with more complex building skills

4. More pop culture themes (Star Trek, etc) [Would a Trek theme be awesome?]

5. Don't put max ages on sets just put 6+ not 6-12 [seriously, THIS has always bugged me! What if I still want to play with LEGO bricks?!]