Sign in to follow this  
Joey Lock

MOC: Mercedes-Benz 770k Limousine

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I am going to be making some WWII Moc's and I wanted to build some civilian houses and areas for warfare. I decided to build a well known vehicle of the time, The Mercedes-Benz 770k Parade/Staff Car.

It was used by Adolf Hitler, Hermann Goering and Gustav Mannerheim.

LDDScreenShot199.png

LDDScreenShot200.png

LDDScreenShot201.png

LDDScreenShot202.png

LDDScreenShot203.png

LDDScreenShot204.png

Of course, the reason for Red Doors and White grill is because LDD haven;t produced those colours yet. But I will be making it from Bricklink bricks hopefully.

Comments, Criticism e.t.c. All welcome.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

This is awesome! The wheels are a bit small, but you can expect that from LDD :thumbup:

I have to agree that the wheels are small enough where it detracts from the rest of the model, but besides that, I think it's a pretty good design!

A fantastic model, some interesting tecniques, something that I would suggest for the doors is this part

black door 2 high left

black door 2 high right

Yeah, I was going to use those anyway but thats for the consideration. Its just LDD doesn't provide those doors from my knowledge.

I decided to build a well known vehicle of the time, The Mercedes-Benz 770k Parade/Staff Car.

It was used by Adolf Hitler, Hermann Goering and Gustav Mannerheim.

I wished I didn't knew the first two :hmpf: , but who is the latter?

Wow really nice work, especially for the constraints found in LDD.

I checked this up against some pictures of the real thing and found your MOC to be nearly identical. Perhaps in the future you could make a closed top version?

Nice LDD car 'Joey Lock' - can't wait to see it built up. :sweet:

Besides 'that for 'Holodoc' and every one else here is a link that explains the thrid person.

Wikipedia link

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Wow really nice work, especially for the constraints found in LDD.

I checked this up against some pictures of the real thing and found your MOC to be nearly identical. Perhaps in the future you could make a closed top version?

Thanks!

Yes I will make a closed version. But what type of closed version? With a solid roof or cloth roof?

Once I make it in real bricks I will paint on the Chrome trim and use real cloth rolled up at the back.

Looks great very realistic especially with the constraints of LDD. Here is a picture of google for comparison:

1938-Mercedes-Benz-770K-Cabiolet.jpg

Well done Joey! :thumbup:

@joey: the idea is quite cool and i totally dig these old kind of cars in lego (no matter which kind), but what is it with you brits beeing so fascinated with all this nazi stuff? if us krauts made these kinda mocs people here would beat the shit out of us ...

@joey: the idea is quite cool and i totally dig these old kind of cars in lego (no matter which kind), but what is it with you brits beeing so fascinated with all this nazi stuff? if us krauts made these kinda mocs people here would beat the shit out of us ...

I don't know why. I'm interested in Nazi Germany, I'm studying it for History. I felt like making some MOC's but to try not to include the Swastika at any moment, The thing is, It was all over Germany in WWII, Everywhere you looked so its gonna be hard for me to do this project, Unless I put it on MOCpages or something where it won't offend.

I think one of the reasons we are fascinated was because, the Nazi Party was very friendly with Britain before the war, Our King was friends with Hitler, Chamberlain went to visit e.t.c. So we are fascinated because we don't understand how a country in so much poverty because of our own Treaty of Versailles had grown so fast and so well. Because at the time we were not away of the cost the Nazi's had done until 1943 when Churchill recieved documents.

Now we are blabbering on about what belongs in "The History Thread". Come talk about it there.

Great WWII vehicle! This would compliment the Indy theme nicely. I love the thought of fitting a few German soldiers within this classic auto. Just noticed the pilot torsos (they work well!). I like the red doors on the side that brighten up the vehicle. Overall, a very nice design. :thumbup:

EDIT: I think I'm going to move this into Other Themes as it really is a WWII vehicle.

I have made a Updated version using the newly found "LDD Universe" mod. I can colour any brick, any colour. And have a new variety of bricks, So I was finally able to complete it:

LDDScreenShot205.png

LDDScreenShot206.png

LDDScreenShot208.png

LDDScreenShot211.png

However you cannot buy it direct from Pick-A-Brick because of the out of production bricks and such.