After a long break, here´s another minifig review - this time:

Setnumber: 8683

Minifig number&name: #12 The Ninja

Numbers of different minifigs in series 1: 16

Parts in this bag: 7

Price: probably around US $1.99 per bag

Release: June 2010

gallery_148_84_84751.jpg

The parts. New type of eyes on the head here also.

Some torsos to compare:

973ps2c04.jpg973px11c01.gifgallery_148_84_7811.jpg

......................... Jedi Luke ................................... Old black Ninja .................. New black Ninja

gallery_148_84_35428.jpg vs. cas048.jpg

The new one .............................................. The old one

gallery_148_84_65163.jpg

Don't let your daughter-in-law eat your autumn eggplants!

This is not the coolest minifg in my book beacuse it´s not as crazy as a lot of the others, but still it´s nice to get an updated ninja :classic: . Hope you enjoyed it.

One more! Thanks CopMike!

I really like this one and I really want to get it. It looks great to me. Although that it looks simple it is beautiful at the same time. Not to mention the great new minifig head! :wub:

A great thanks for the SW pic you've provided for comparison for us non-SW fans. :wink:

The torso looks a lot better than the two you compared it too (Draggy, need a new torso?). Is the headgear the same as the old, i.e. no double katana holder?

Thanks for the review :thumbup:

I agree with you though, its not an "amazing fig". Its rather plain :sceptic:

Is the headgear the same as the old, i.e. no double katana holder?
It´s the same:

x54.gif

BL pic.

It´s in quite a lot of sets, including Indiana Jones ones.

Thanks for the great review CopMike. :thumbup:

I love Lego ninjas so of course I love this one too.

Minxter

Thanks for the review. :thumbup::classic:

The fig is not that special, but it's also not that bad. The new face, the new torso and the 2 golden Katana's make this quite nice.

I like this minifig; I agree that it's not the best in the series, but it is nice. I like the new torso and the new head, but I would rather have a bley, pearl bley, or even metallic grey katana instead. The gold doesn't really seem that realistic. Good to see that they're old-style, though.

Not my fav in the series but definitely a nice one :classic: Thanks for the review CopMike :wink:

BTW, anyone else has noticed that most of the MF series heads have a "cross" expression? :tongue:

So this wasn't found in a mystery trash can? It's ok, but it has too many old parts. :sceptic:

It´s the same:

BL pic.

It´s in quite a lot of sets, including Indiana Jones ones

1.I was hoping for a new version similar to the new Boba Fett, with a seperate mask and holder

2.Really? Which IJ sets?

BTW, anyone else has noticed that most of the MF series heads have a "cross" expression?
Don't really know what you mean by cross, but some are weird/too similar to other heads(the spaceman and diver are examples) Edited by indianajones

Thanks for the review! Looks like you will have the whole series before anyone else! :classic:

I love ninjas, so I hope I can get one of these. The dual Katana make me want to grab a few more Desert Attack sets so I can have more sword holders.

Looks good! I like the new head, variations in facial expression is always nice. :classic:

The torso is also nice, I prefer it over the old one.

2.Really? Which IJ sets?

7195 Ambush in Cairo :wink:

Thanks 'CopMike' for the review - actually I like this one now - he looks more Ninja like with his costume - all black like a real one would have been.

Can't wait for these to hit the shops - COOL ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

A bit simple, but nice to get a black hood and a new face. The new Prince of Persia katana would've done nice in this set, though. Overall for me: Meh. Torso adds some flavor to sith lords though. :vader:

Just out of curiosity, are those katana longer than the old type? Probably not, but they kind of look that way in the pics.

Hes nice but hes not one I really really want bad. The nice pieces on this minifig are definitely the new torso and the head because of the nice crows feet.

Nice review, Copmike - but where's the trash can you found the fig in? Did you run out of colours? :wink:

This minifig is, well, average. :sceptic:

Nothing too special about it and definitely not on my want list.

One thing though: It comes with two katanas! The first pics showed just one.

I like it. It's simple and direct and the new head has a determined look that can go anywhere.

It's nice to get really unique parts sometimes, but they aren't always useful. In this case, a bunch of extras wouldn't be wasted as they could always be used for various Jedi or random citizens in a number of themes or even as henchmen in Indy or PoP. The katanas are actually the biggest waste for me, but even they can be used as decoration elsewhere, so it's no loss.

Great review, CopMike. Thanks! :thumbup:

One thing though: It comes with two katanas! The first pics showed just one.

The Spaceman came with two windshields for his helmet...probably a spare katana

The Spaceman came with two windshields for his helmet...probably a spare katana

Normally they wouldn't have that big of a spare part... :look: I've seen extra windshields lots of times before but in all the sets with katanas I only got what was shown on the box. But I think they just showed the one katana to save room and/or they changed it because they thought it would make us happier to get two of a "new and rare part" :hmpf: . One thing that would have been better is a new piece for those star-blades they throw*, or at least a new color katana(maybe with a fancy design on the blade).

(I don't think this would be likely, but could Copmike have gotten a mixup?)

*I think the name was shuriken? But using four claws is good from the side, but looks too big in real life.

Edited by indianajones

So unfair Mike, what are you guys going to get one of each before we even get a chance to pour money into getting all of these?

Lucky duck. This is another fig I will have to get, I love the Ninja theme and sadly have none.

SNIPPED

Normally they wouldn't have that big of a spare part... :look: I've seen extra windshields lots of times before but in all the sets with katanas I only got what was shown on the box.

*I think the name was shuriken? But using four claws is good from the side, but looks too big in real life.

Shuriken are the thin metal plate weapons with sharp edges that you use like a frisbee, except to cut/injure people with...

Thanks for the review CopMike. This one is not as exciting as others but still nice to have.