Sign in to follow this  
Strand

Mass Effect 2: Normany SR-2

I found this MOC on another site (Videogame related) and was quite literally blown away at the detail and scale of this truly epic model. I rushed straight to EB to find more info about it but was shocked to find out that no-one had posted it yet!

For those who played Mass Effect 2 and loved it (no one can hate this game), the Normany SR-2 is a bigger, badder version of the protagonist Shepard's ship from Mass Effect 1. It's a stealth frigate used by the main characters as their means of transport and for much of your game serves as your 'hub base' where you can interact with the crew-members and explore the bowels of this ship.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/188396

Some fans will notice the little features like the little shuttle bay (with shuttle), the possible Thanix cannon upgrade, movable cockpit door etc. While the model isn't as 'sleek' or very polished as some of the previous UCS MOCs we've had, the Normandy's design works against using smooth curved pieces and I think this is just amazing.

AGAIN: I DID NOT MAKE THIS! I found it from a different source and thought there might be a lot more fans out there. Ben Fellowes's model is truly something to behold and it would be great if he could come on board to EB (if he doesn't already have an account) see how much of a piece of nerd bait this thing is.

It looks really great, just like in-game. :sweet: But I don't think the engines can move.

Unfortunately there are no instructions.

the Inventor

Very impressive. The proportions are perfect and it looks just like the model in the game.