tin7_creations

Actor With Most Minifig Representations Within a Span of LEGO Licenses

How about an (possibly) accidental real life likeness such as PC Rob Thomas?

I agree though that if a minifig is based on a character from different incarnations and it is not specifically mentioned as being from that particular movie or show, that it should not count.

That said, shouldn't Warwick Davis only have four entries as one listed here is him playing a body double of Yoda. He did not do that voice and most of Yoda's performance was puppetry or CGI.

Warwick Davis would still be the leader with four though.

I think the distinction should be drawn if the official minifigure/set comes from a specific show/movie. As in, The Lex Luther/Superman set wouldn't be Henry Cavill, but the Man of Steel would be since it is branded as such. The figure's face would look nothing like the official actor (unlike some minifigures), but since it was branded as such, it should be linked to them. If it is just a Super Heroes set without any other branding, then it shouldn't go to anyone in particular. The Spiderman sets from the cartoon could go to voice acting if you preferred, but not if it was comics only related.

So agreed that Ian McKellan should get Gandalf, but not Magneto unless a Magneto comes out directly from the movie he was portrayed in (which it hasn't yet).

I agree a body double shouldn't count for anything. If they were the primary person doing it, then yes, but not if you are only seen in a handful of scenes as a double.

To me, that seems like a pretty straightforward distinction between the characters/actors.

Lee pace is approaching his second minifigure now as ronan the accuser is to be played by him as was King Thranduil.

Karen Gillan who is well known for being Amy pond in doctor who is set to appear in a set playing the character nebula.

So that's some news. Personally I would count voice actors as a vocal performance can be far more challenging and absorbing than live action. Especially with the Lego movie as the likenesses and the personal traits of some of the actors were put into the characters. Like Chris Pratt's personality is rather similar to the character as is Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell's Lord business actually looks like Will Ferrell. Plus when you have a clone wars Anakin when you think of the character you hear Matt Lanter's voice not Christiansen (who lanter beats hands down). So I think of voice actors as I think of actors.

I think the distinction should be drawn if the official minifigure/set comes from a specific show/movie. As in, The Lex Luther/Superman set wouldn't be Henry Cavill, but the Man of Steel would be since it is branded as such. The figure's face would look nothing like the official actor (unlike some minifigures), but since it was branded as such, it should be linked to them. If it is just a Super Heroes set without any other branding, then it shouldn't go to anyone in particular. The Spiderman sets from the cartoon could go to voice acting if you preferred, but not if it was comics only related.

I agree. If that actor did the voice or appeared as a character for a film or television show, then I would say that actor legitimately was that character. So Tobey Maguire, in my opinion, is the Spider-Man minifig in the Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 LEGO sets. Tobey Maguire's voice, nor likeness did not portray the character in the Ultimate Spider-Man television series though, so he wouldn't be counted for those sets. On the other hand, Sean Astin could be counted for two minifgs because he was Samwise Gamgee in the LOTR and is Raph's voice in the current TMNT series.

Here's where it gets tricky for me though. Chi McBride is Nick Fury's voice in the Ultimate Spider-Man series but Fury's likeness was in fact inspired by Samuel L. Jackson in the television series as well as the Ultimate comics. I'd almost have to count both actors

Edited by Moon_Knight

I just realized something, that isn't entirely off-topic. SpongeBob is voiced by Tom Kenny, who also voiced The Riddler in LEGO Batman: The Video Game, Nathan Evo and Jetbug in LEGO Hero Factory: Ordeal of Fire, Doc Ock in the Ultimate Spider-Man animated television series, and Flain in Mixels. Maybe even more. That's pretty crazy, but not sure if this counts because his acting spans across several themes in multiple genres, not just exclusive to licensed.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Lawrence Makoare plays Lurtz, Gothmog (does he count- he is in the video game?), and Bolg.

Andy Serkis will probably have three by next year: Gollum, Witch-King, and whichever character he is playinf in Star Wars VII.

If bigger figures and voice actors count, Mark Hamill is Luke Skywalker, The Joker (animated), and Von Nebula.

Liam Neeson now has three: Qui-Gon Jinn, Bad Cop/Good Cop and Pa Cop.

Oh, and I have some more:

Lee Pace: Ronan The Accuser, Thranduil

Hugo Weaving: Elrond, Red Skull

And one that is going to enrage to people:

Halle Burtoni: Storm, Catwoman. :'D

No! We don't speak of that movie! Ever! Michelle is the one and only. Maybe Anne Hathway :P

Liam Neeson now has three: Qui-Gon Jinn, Bad Cop/Good Cop and Pa Cop.

Oh, and I have some more:

Lee Pace: Ronan The Accuser, Thranduil

Hugo Weaving: Elrond, Red Skull

Hugo. And Berry dont count because they arent the movie versions of their characters. Skull is based on a tv/comic book version and so Storm/Catwoman is also comics.

It's pretty clear that Catwoman is NOT Halle Berry. She's more classily dressed! (And it's a DC-approved set, no freakin' way would they allow that version!) And Storm isn't movie-based either.

It's pretty clear that Catwoman is NOT Halle Berry. She's more classily dressed! (And it's a DC-approved set, no freakin' way would they allow that version!) And Storm isn't movie-based either.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. ;)

Just built the new X men set and watched DoFP. It does look like the movie to me, the scene where Magneto flings the X jet at the sentinels. I know it's not branded add DoFP but I would like to know the argument against counting it as a movie set (because Halle Berry!)

Just built the new X men set and watched DoFP. It does look like the movie to me, the scene where Magneto flings the X jet at the sentinels. I know it's not branded add DoFP but I would like to know the argument against counting it as a movie set (because Halle Berry!)

I think it's due to the fact that it's all comic based as opposed to movie based. The figures, Sentinel, and jet are all based on the comics as opposed to the movie designs, plus it's something that doesn't happen in the movie (though by that logic the Mandarin buggy isn't an Iron Man 3 set).

By that logic the Captain America AA set could technically be labelled as a CA:TFA set because of Cap, Red Skull, the Goon, and the tank.

Rob Paulsen is the VA for Donatello in the Nick TMNT series as well as Riddler in Lego Batman 2. So he has two.

Also, Nolan North plays Kraang in the Nick series as well as Deadpool in a whole lot of games, (one being Lego Marvel) and also plays Magneto in LMS. Soon in LB3, he will play Scarecrow and Penguin. So he has FIVE.

Edited by Tolkien

Rob Paulsen is the VA for Donatello in the Nick TMNT series as well as Riddler in Lego Batman 2. So he has two.

Also, Nolan North plays Kraang in the Nick series as well as Deadpool in a whole lot of games, (one being Lego Marvel) and also plays Magneto in LMS. Soon in LB3, he will play Scarecrow and Penguin. So he has FIVE.

I don't think video games count, only physical representations.

Edited by TheLegoExperience

No no no, only apearance counts. In no way are vocie artists represented in a lego fig.

I think it's due to the fact that it's all comic based as opposed to movie based. The figures, Sentinel, and jet are all based on the comical as opposed to the movie designs, plus it's something that doesn't happen in the movie (though by that logic the Mandarin buggy isn't an Iron Man 3 set).

By that logic the Captain America AA set could technically be labelled as a CA:TFA set because of Cap, Red Skull, the Goon, and the tank.

Thanks K-Nut. I would like to explore that a little bit. Most of the Star Wars sets are based on combinations of ships and characters that don't appear in the same movie scene. Should those sets be ignored too?

I actually would count the Red Skull set as TFA for the reason you cited, although I don't recall that exact tank design.

As for the DoFP

There is a scene where Cyclops, Storm and Magneto are fighting the Sentinel outside and Magneto throws the X jet at the Sentinel. I think that is pretty much close enough, no?

[\spoiler]

Edited by robuko

^

CLose enough isnt a thing. If its not licensed and diretly based off it does not count.

No no no, only apearance counts. In no way are vocie artists represented in a lego fig.

Well, with voice actors I think it depends. For example, I count Chris Pratt for Emmett, but I don't count Nolan North for anything besides Kraang. It all depends if it's explicitly based on the work they did. Thus Ian McKellen doesn't have one for Gandalf and one for Magneto.

Thanks K-Nut. I would like to explore that a little bit. Most of the Star Wars sets are based on combinations of ships and characters that don't appear in the same movie scene. Should those sets be ignored too?

There is a scene where Cyclops, Storm and Magneto are fighting the Sentinel outside and Magneto throws the X jet at the Sentinel. I think that is pretty much close enough, no?

Cyclops doesn't show up until the very end, so that wouldn't count.

With Star War, the whole thing is that it's based on the film design and the actors work. Like I said, that Magneto is based off of the comics, not Ian McKellen. That's why (IMO) the X-Jet doesn't count as a DoFP set.

No, that particular tank didn't show up in Captain America, but neither did that exact look of the X-Jet (though it's hard to see in that crappy Future lighting.)

I'm on the side of the argument that voice actors count, so Greg Cipes has two:

Iron Fist, Michelangelo

They would have looked exacty the same even if soemone else voiced them though... In no way a representation of the actors apperancce at any point.

Also in alot of countries they have other voice artists..