tin7_creations

Actor With Most Minifig Representations Within a Span of LEGO Licenses

Harrison Ford use to hold this title, with both his characters of Han Solo and Indiana Jones made into minifig form.

However, today, I was watching the trailer for Prince of Persia and I noticed that actor Alfred Molina has gained another character!

His first LEGO minifig was Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2; followed a few years later by Satipo from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

This year, he gets a new minifig in Sheik Amar from the Prince of Persia license.

Please give a warm round of applause to the new title holder for "Actor With the Most Minifig Representations Within a Span of LEGO Licenses"! :thumbup:

Alfred Molina:

4495794377_078c8ffe11_d.jpg

This was kind of stupid! :tongue:

But I think we should thank him for staring in so many LEGO worthy themes!

~tin7

Yeah, this was mentioned in a BrickJournal a while back. :wink: But he does deserve it; Molina is a way better actor than Ford.

Yeah, this was mentioned in a BrickJournal a while back. :wink: But he does deserve it; Molina is a way better actor than Ford.

Oh no you didn't... *huh*

Didn't someone say that the guy who played Professor Flitwick is also in 3 LEGO sets?

Edited by YG-49

Oh no you didn't... *oh*

Didn't someone say that the guy who played Professor Flitwick is also in 3 LEGO sets?

3 Lego sets? or 3 Themes? This title is held by the actor who spans the most themes; not the most sets...

If we're talking sets Harrison Ford will probably win, but going by my Luke collection Mark Hamill would be a close second. (Although Temuera Morrison could be a challenger there as well, especially if you're one of the people who believe that Storm Troopers are clones. :grin: )

That is actually correct. Warwick Davis (also known for his titular role in "Willow") played the ewok Wicket in Star Wars, and Professor Flitwick as well as the goblin bankteller in Harry Potter. All these have been (or will be) released as minifigs.

He also plays a character named Wald in Star Wars, don't know if that has been made into a minifig, though.

This was kind of stupid! :tongue:

But I think we should thank him for staring in so many LEGO worthy themes!

~tin7

More like 1 1/2, Indiana jones was okay, but it got boring after a while. But PoP just released their first sets, so we don't know if it'll get better/worse. And spiderman... Lego really should have made some more, but MB got the liscense. :hmpf_bad:

Though Alfred Molina was unexpected, I thought it would be whoever plays Rotta, and if not that, Jar-Jar. Doesn't anyone remember how popular they were that Lego decided to put them in other liscensed themes? :tongue: Though I have a question for you: Which type of SW _____trooper appeared in the most sets?

He might be a better actor than Ford - certainly he's a very good one - but I doubt he's a way better actor as you allege; Ford's underrated, perhaps because he seems so natural a fit for his two best-known characters (Han Solo and Indiana Jones) that the extent to which he's actually performing isn't really appreciated. If you're interested in seeing just how far his range is known to go, though, you should check out The Mosquito Coast. Ford's range isn't infinite, to be sure, but it's far greater than is generally realized, and he's certainly terrific in those roles and several others.

(And at any rate, Molina wouldn't even have his second LEGO minifig role if not for the existence of Harrison's second.)

Aside from Ford, Molina, Hamill, and Davis, Pat Roach has multiple minifig characters, all within the Indiana Jones theme.

Plus, there are four different faces for Doc Ock.

3626bpb198.jpg3626bpb200.jpg3626bpb201.jpg3626bpb199.jpg

In addition to both sides of the Sheik Amar head and the Bruce Wayne face on Satipo, that gives Alfred Molina seven different Lego minifig faces.

More like 1 1/2, Indiana jones was okay, but it got boring after a while.

Yow, you really think so? I think the later sets are even better than the early ones (well, save for Temple Escape, which is an oustanding early set, and hard to top). I really hope the theme continues next year after the current hiatus.

Prince of Persia looks like a terrific LEGO theme so far regardless of how good or bad the movie might eventually prove to be, but I doubt the theme will last into a second year.

Oh no you didn't... *huh*

Afred Molina was awesome as Doc Ock in Spidey 2... I watced that movie like, 10 times or something, just because I like how he manages his role! :wink: And the tentacles make him pretty awesome too... :tongue:

But I think Alfred Molina deserves this, by a long shot. :grin: No one kick me.

That is actually correct. Warwick Davis (also known for his titular role in "Willow") played the ewok Wicket in Star Wars, and Professor Flitwick as well as the goblin bankteller in Harry Potter. All these have been (or will be) released as minifigs.

He also plays a character named Wald in Star Wars, don't know if that has been made into a minifig, though.

Wald was not made into a minifig. A pity though, because he's a Rodian and there are not very much rodian heads.

I still think Harrison Ford gets it due to the number of sets he was in and the different variants. :classic:

Hm, that's cool! Lucky guy getting all those versions of himself. :tongue:

And he is such a great actor, too. :classic: I love Spider-Man 2!

I actually remember reading this recently when I was reading about POP on wikiapedia, but I didn't think of it according to lego, Thats pretty cool if i do say so myself, though I think Han solo err, Harrison Ford should get the award because he is a main character rather then a minor one.

I still think Harrison Ford gets it due to the number of sets he was in and the different variants. :classic:

It is all about how many actors that have their likeness spread across the themes as characters. This is why Alfred Molina gets it. Harrison Ford only portrayed Han Solo and Indy.

-Omi

If we're talking sets Harrison Ford will probably win, but going by my Luke collection Mark Hamill would be a close second. (Although Temuera Morrison could be a challenger there as well, especially if you're one of the people who believe that Storm Troopers are clones. :grin: )

Nah, That would go to Matt Wood and his thousnad of Battle Droid 'figs :tongue: !

It just occurred to me that if we accept one of TLG's Star Wars Hoth rebel trooper minifigs as representing Major Derlin, then John Ratzenberger may also be a contender for the top title, since he's also Hamm in Toy Story and Mack in Cars (granted, I realize the Duplo Mack truck is really stretching the definition of "minifig," but still...).

I presume you didn't mean to say there have been or will be LEGO sets based on Willow (which is a shame, really, as it seems a good fit for LEGO, except for having been released more than a decade before LEGO began heavily licensing movie properties...).

Not yet, but give them time - you never know...

:wink:

You are all wrong. It's Chuck Norris. You've never seen any minifigs of him? Well, that's because they are all printed in colors that are beyond the spectrum the human eye can perceive. And don't look for them on bricklink. You wont find them, because you don't find Chuck Norris - he finds you.

Hehe, just kidding. :grin: All your arguments are pretty valid. And John Ratzenberger definitely deserves a spot on the list in my opinion. :thumbup:

It's a shame that with the Disney license we're not getting The Sorcerer's Apprentice sets, since then we'd be sure to get a fourth Alfred Molina. Maybe if he shows up in POTC 4 and we get sets for that film, he'll get another representation. But I don't think Molina is in POTC 4.

Though it might be cool to revisit this now.

Not the most, but Samual L Jackson has at least two; Mace and nick fury.

What else is there after two plus years?

Edited by sologuy369

I hate to say that Warwick Davis does also have three different minifigs to his name, as well as two already mentioned, he played griphook in Harry Potter aswell. However, this does place two of them in the same theme so i am not sure if this counts.

I hate to say that Warwick Davis does also have three different minifigs to his name, as well as two already mentioned, he played griphook in Harry Potter aswell. However, this does place two of them in the same theme so i am not sure if this counts.

Four actually, don't forget Wald.