tin7_creations

Actor With Most Minifig Representations Within a Span of LEGO Licenses

There's no way in heck you shouldn't count voice actors.

I mean yeah, there's other languages. At most you can say the people who voiced them outside of the original language don't count. But that assumes that one role/character can't be owned by multiple people and I don't see why that would be true.

You absolutely HAVE to count voice actors if there's a strong link. Chris Pratt is Emmet. Mark Hamill is not the Joker here because none of the Jokers have been based on a Joker he voiced. You can't count ANY Captain America as Chris Pine. And even if the set doesn't make sense for a movie you've gotta count Mandarin in those weird Iron Man 3 sets because it was still based off his character (even if it got his character completely wrong!).

This isn't a complex issue. It's a mistake to not count voice actors. But it would also be a mistake to attach them to ANY version of a character.

I think people might not like counting voice actors because suddenly you've got people who have LOTS of minifigures.

Dan Castellaneta voices six Simpsons characters that are minifigures. Those characters ARE his. It's just arbitrary to NOT count him or his characters.

Dee Bradly Baker has like seven. (all this info stolen from an article).

It's insane not to count voice actors! If you don't you're just wrong. :tongue:

I guess the hard part is comparing languages then...

17 minutes ago, BrickG said:

I mean yeah, there's other languages. At most you can say the people who voiced them outside of the original language don't count. But that assumes that one role/character can't be owned by multiple people and I don't see why that would be true.

You absolutely HAVE to count voice actors if there's a strong link. Chris Pratt is Emmet. Mark Hamill is not the Joker here because none of the Jokers have been based on a Joker he voiced. You can't count ANY Captain America as Chris Pine. And even if the set doesn't make sense for a movie you've gotta count Mandarin in those weird Iron Man 3 sets because it was still based off his character (even if it got his character completely wrong!).

This isn't a complex issue. It's a mistake to not count voice actors. But it would also be a mistake to attach them to ANY version of a character.

I think people might not like counting voice actors because suddenly you've got people who have LOTS of minifigures.

Dan Castellaneta voices six Simpsons characters that are minifigures. Those characters ARE his. It's just arbitrary to NOT count him or his characters.

Not to mention Will Arnett as Vern in TMNT and his endless Batman variants

Jason Issacs, has Lucius Malfoy, The Grand Inquisitor, and Leland Turbo (if you count the latter as a minifigure) 

7 hours ago, BrickG said:

Chris Pratt is Emmett, Star Lord and Owen from Jurassic World. I'm confused about Chris Pine as Cap, though. Pretty sure he was Steve Trevor, not Steve Rogers.

I'm going to muddy the waters here, but as the Penguin and Poison Ivy in TLBM are based off of earlier movie counterparts, do Danny deVito and Uma Thurman get a nod?

And for an extra brain hurter, does (actor whose name escapes me) the guy who played Jango Fett get credited for all of the Clone Troopers? 

16 hours ago, BrickG said:

Wow, you make it sound as if anything depended on it. If you wanna count voice actors, go ahead. if others don't, I guess that's fine, too.

19 hours ago, The Brick King said:

Micheal Keaton now has two: Vulture and Beetlejuice

Three, the Black and Gold Batman is based on '89 Bats.

18 hours ago, BrickG said:

Can you provide the link?

14 hours ago, J4ck said:

Dee Bradley Baker has six minifigures.

What's the consensus of counting the voice actors?

Didn't Dee Bradley do all the voices of the clone troopers in Clone Wars? If it's just the voice, he can't be representing 6 or 7 minifigures only.

5 hours ago, Cobb said:

Three, the Black and Gold Batman is based on '89 Bats.

Not directly. It's based on the costume he wore in comics around the time, but it's not either of Keaton's batsuits. The symbol is wrong for it to be the '89 Batman, and the musculature is wrong for it to be Batman returns. Not to mention either one had smaller, yellow-outlined symbols. The actual costume is the troika Batsuit from comics.

She was mentioned earlier (in 2014) as having two back then, but Cate Blanchette now has 3 minifigs over 3 themes:

1. Galadriel (LOTR)
  2. Irina Spalko (Indiana Jones)
  3. Hela (Avengers)

On 9/17/2017 at 8:40 AM, BrickG said:

You know, people are entitled to their own opinion. Just because they disagree with you doesn't make them wrong or "insane". There are different ways to compile this list and everyone has their own way. If you go by likeness, voices don't count, but if you go just by representation in general, then they do.

I agree that if you do count voice actors, you should only do so when a character has only ever been voiced by one person or when it's clearly based on one particular portrayal of the character. Dubs in different languages don't count (unless you're putting together a "Dubbers with the most minifig representations" list). Otherwise you'd have to count all the people that have ever played a character and it will just get too difficult to keep track of that.

The only area where it gets confusing (and a little meta) is when you have a minifig that is not based on any particular portrayal of a character, but is voiced by one person in the Lego TV specials and/or video games, such as many of the DC Super Heroes characters. Do they count?

Perhaps we should make a separate thread titled "Voice Actors with the most minifig representations" so we can finally end this debate.

Anyway, if you do count voice actors, with the release of the TTG Beast Boy Greg Cipes now has three representations (with the other two being Michelangelo and Iron Fist). And Raven is Tara Strong's second representation after Mary Jane. It's kinda crazy that we only have 2 of her considering she's in everything nowadays.

On 18-9-2017 at 5:03 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

Not directly. It's based on the costume he wore in comics around the time, but it's not either of Keaton's batsuits. The symbol is wrong for it to be the '89 Batman, and the musculature is wrong for it to be Batman returns. Not to mention either one had smaller, yellow-outlined symbols. The actual costume is the troika Batsuit from comics.

I don't believe that's the case. The troika suit is quite unknown and was also based on the movie batsuits. It makes more sense for Lego to reference the very famous movie suit than an obscure troika suit that was used for a year in comics. The minifig also has a gold belt which the troika suit lacks.

Lego just used the original Anton Furst Batman '89 promotional symbol instead of opting for the symbol used on screen.

Also the Kenner 89' Batfigure is very a like the black and gold minifigure.

And I don't know how relaiable this site is..

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_(Minifigure)

He originally appeared with two variations in 2006, one in 2007, and one in 2008; being the original suit, 1989 film suit, classic suit, and 2008 film suit, respectively.

Edited by Cobb

Let's all chill down a bit. There will never be a definitive list of Actor to Minifigure portrayals because of the debate about what actually constitutes a portrayal. Let's not argue about which list is better.  

Although just for the record, the 2006 Joker is 100% based off of the Hamill version from B:TAS (same with the original Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and Poison Ivy). The 2012 Lego Batman Visual Directory confirms that numerous figures from the original line were based off of their designs from the animated series.  :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Although just for the record, the 2006 Joker is 100% based off of the Hamill version from B:TAS (same with the original Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and Poison Ivy). T

A point of reference, what a clever idea :wacko: I knew Two-Face was based on B:TAS, only his face was the wrong colour, couldn’t remember where from. Thank you 

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Although just for the record, the 2006 Joker is 100% based off of the Hamill version from B:TAS (same with the original Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and Poison Ivy). The 2012 Lego Batman Visual Directory confirms that numerous figures from the original line were based off of their designs from the animated series.  :thumbup:

Well the 2006 Joker isn't based on the animated Hamill version, though I used to think it was Nicholson because of the eyebrows, something the animated version doesn't have. Instead, its actually based off his appearance in the Killing Joke. The figure nearly has the exact same facial expression that Brian Bolland drew him with on the cover and the outfit is the same black shirt, orange vest, green tie combination in the book, though I do think the flower Lego printed looks inspired by BTAS.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I've always thought the first Joker was supposed to be this one :wacko:

Thats the silver age version, with the black tie and green shirt. The Killing Joke/Brian Bolland drawn Joker has the two colors reversed.99752_320.jpg

GTY5Kuo.jpg

Good to note Johnny Depp has had 2 I am aware of... PoC and Lone Ranger.

What if we based it on characters based on actor portrayals? How many would be attributed to Boris Karloff?

Edited by kelceycoe

I've always loved this thread, but since there's always been bickering, could it be split into two?  One with voice actors, and one without?  Just an idea.

Also, if someone posted a ranked tally for us occasional drop-ins, that would be awesome!

Worth noting that if you count voice actors, a number of actors from non-licensed themes become contenders:

• Scott McNeil voices at least 9 LEGO characters: Clouse, Nadakhan, Karlof, and the Overlord from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu and some of the goblins (and I think also the Shadow Creature?) in LEGO Elves: Secrets of Elvendale. He also voices Toa Tahu and Toa Onua in Bionicle: Mask of Light and Keetongu and Rahaga Bomonga in Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows.
  • Paul Dobson voices at least 9 LEGO characters: Master Wu, Flintlocke, Ghoultar, Neuro, General Kozu, and Acidicus in LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu (as well as Mother Doomsday, though I guess that one doesn't count because the physical fig of that character is from a movie-based set rather than a TV-based one). He also voices Nidhiki, Toa Whenua, and Sidorak in Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui and Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows.
  • Kathleen Barr voices at least 7 LEGO characters: Misako and Bansha from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Whiparella (in her debut appearance) in LEGO Nexo Knights, and some of the goblins from LEGO Elves: Secrets of Elvendale (not sure which), plus non-minifigure characters Toa Gali in Bionicle: Mask of Light and Roodaka and Rahaga Gaaki in Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows.
  • Michael Dobson voices at least 6 LEGO characters: Pythor and Skalidor in LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Toa Kopaka and Hewkii in Bionicle: Mask of Light, and Toa Lhikan and Krekka in Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui.
  • Vincent Tong voices at least 5 LEGO characters: Kai, Ray, and Doubloon from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Tidus Stormsurfer from LEGO Elves, and Jestro from LEGO Nexo Knights.
  • Nicole Oliver voices at least 5 LEGO characters: Queen Halbert and Lavaria from LEGO Nexo Knights (as well as Whiparella in all episodes after the character's debut appearance), Dogshank in LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, and Rosalyn Nightshade in LEGO Elves: Secrets of Elvendale.
  • Brian Drummond voices at least 5 LEGO characters: Axl from LEGO Nexo Knights, Nuckal and Kruncha from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, and Toa Onewa and Toa Matau from Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui and Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows.
  • Lee Tockar voices at least 4 LEGO characters: Cyrus Borg from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu and Makuta, Kongu, and Pewku from Bionicle: Mask of Light and Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui.
  • Ian James Corlett voices at least 4 LEGO characters: Clancee, Monkey Wretch, Master Chen, and Skales in LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
  • Brian Dobson voices at least 4 LEGO characters: Ronin, Soul Archer, Zugu, and Bucko in LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
  • Michael Adamthwaite voices  at least 4 LEGO characters: Jay, Sqiffy, Wrayth, and the Mailman from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
  • Erin Mathews voices at least 3 LEGO characters: Naida Riverheart and Azari Firedancer in LEGO Elves and Macy Halbert in LEGO Nexo Knights. I'm seeing conflicting information on whether or not she voices Robin Underwood as well.
  • Andrew Francis voices at least 3 LEGO characters: Morro and Shade from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu as well as Jaller in Bionicle: Mask of Light.
  • Ian Hanlin voices at least 3 LEGO characters: Acronix and Chope from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu and Lance Richmond from LEGO Nexo Knights.
  • Heather Doerksen voices at least 3 LEGO characters: Skylor from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Ruina Stoneheart from LEGO Nexo Knights, and Ragana Shadowflame from LEGO Elves.
  • Alessandro Juliani voices at least 3 LEGO characters: Aaron Fox from LEGO Nexo Knights, Kapau from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, and Toa Vakama from Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui and Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows.
  • Trevor Devall voices at least 3 LEGO characters: Toa Pohatu in Bionicle: Mask of Light and Toa Nuju and Rahaga Iruini in Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui and Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows.

That's all I have time to list right now. If you start counting voice actors, some actors known for their live-action roles also voiced LEGO characters: for example, Mark Hamill voiced the villains Von Nebula and Black Phantom in LEGO Hero Factory. This is why a lot of these sorts of lists omit voice roles — not because they don't deserve credit for those characters, but because trying to find every voice actor who plays multiple LEGO characters is a practically endless rabbit-hole.

On 9/17/2017 at 8:40 AM, BrickG said:

How can you not count Chris Evans towards Captain America, where the obvious connection of being movie sets exist...but you want to count voice actors?