LEGO Train 12 Volts

7898 Locomotive with 8 lights

traintech1.jpg

Hi everyone,

I always like this electric locomotive but as usual I don't really like the fake lights :thumbdown: !

So I have upgraded this loco with a new 9 volts Electric Brick 1 x 2 with Single Side Light for the rear and n. 2 PF Led Lights for the outside lights.

7898-03.jpg

The problem of the two Power Function cables is the small space into the loco shell.

To work this out you have to cut the electric wires in surplus and establish a new connection with a small-simple-electric-circuit to reduce the size of the original LEGO link.

For more details see my page on

Brickshelf

...see you soon! :tongue:

You're quite the light and electric man LT12V. You should share some night time images of your trains. Nice job! :thumbup:

'establish a new connection with a small-simple-electric-circuit to reduce the size of the original LEGO link' - which is a vero-board for what ?

And yeah it's pretty cramped in the engine isn't eh ?

Nice MODs 'LT12V' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

'establish a new connection with a small-simple-electric-circuit to reduce the size of the original LEGO link' - which is a vero-board for what ?

And yeah it's pretty cramped in the engine isn't eh ?

Nice MODs 'LT12V' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

i would like to see some pics as well. did you convert this engine to PF?

and ive been thinking about making LED's as well. do you have any tips?

and ive been thinking about making LED's as well. do you have any tips?

The 5mm LEDs fit perfectly inside technic bricks. 3mm LEDs fit in other areas. Don't skip the resistor because you'll blow the LED in no time. There is a good resistor calculator here. Typical values to plug in are 12V (or 9V :tongue: ) for the supply voltage, 2.4V for the voltage drop across the LED and 20mA for the current. Then just use whatever it suggests. :thumbup:

The 5mm LEDs fit perfectly inside technic bricks. 3mm LEDs fit in other areas. Don't skip the resistor because you'll blow the LED in no time. There is a good resistor calculator here. Typical values to plug in are 12V (or 9V :tongue: ) for the supply voltage, 2.4V for the voltage drop across the LED and 20mA for the current. Then just use whatever it suggests. :thumbup:

are there any tech docs about this? what about the newer rc and PF? how do you hook them into the system? like the wire/ resistor to what? have you hooked it up to the special lego 2x2 electric deal?

You're quite the light and electric man LT12V. You should share some night time images of your trains. Nice job! :thumbup:

Thanks for all your appreciate remarks about my MOD and the tips about led of 5 and 3mm diameter. :thumbup:

Soon I will post some night images of my trains and large layout! :tongue: