-JD-

TIE Defender- Modifications

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Set Name: TIE Defender

Set Number: 8087

Number of Pieces: 304

Figures: 2

overview.jpg

Another normal day passes for TK-17. Routine patrols of the sector in his starfighter, followed by two hours sleep. Even for a Stormtrooper Pilot, this was tiresome. One day he returned to the hanger.

cockpit1.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

Luckily he had been trained to withstand large falls. ( :grin: ) But, he felt a searing pain in his back.

bad_back.jpg

A trooper assigned to the hanger noticed his fellow soldier having trouble. He asked him whether he needed help. TK-17 told him about what he thought had happened. The seating area of the Defender was cramped, and the random knobs were digging into TK-17's spine. Not to mention the bad colour scheme was very annoying. ( :angry: ) Adamant on following his injury up, TK-17 went to Lord Vader's office to complain.

vader1.jpg

The Lord Sith granted TK-17 permission to change his TIE Defender to the right standards.

vader2.jpg

So, TK-17 and his Trooper began work.

(Follow these stages:)

stage1.jpg

stage2.jpg

stage3.jpg

stage4.jpg

stage5.jpg

stage5.5.jpg

stage6.jpg

stage7.jpg

stage7_overview.jpg

stage8.jpg

The Trooper noticed a problem. The red-inverted-dish would prevent the cockpit from closing properly.

stage9.jpg

stage10.jpg

stage10.5.jpg

stage11.jpg

stage12.jpg

stage13.jpg

stage14.jpg

Finally they finished. It was perfect! Now TK-17 could actually control the ship thanks to the new control panels!

complete.jpg

controls.jpg

Keen to test his starfighter out, TK-17 left a certain somebody to tidy up the spare parts.

spare_parts.jpg

Thanks for reading. :classic: I hope this gives you the chance to improve your TIE Defender.

As always, C&C are welcome.

Extra parts required:

2x 1x1 Black Cheese Slopes

2x 2x1 Dark Grey Bricks

1x 4x1 Light Grey Brick

Any control panels you want!

Good Mod JD. If I buy the set I will follow these pictures to Mod it aswell. :thumbup:

I also enjoyed the little story that went with it. :classic:

Fun storyline and innovative modifications, I love it :thumbup: !!! I don't have a defender yet but I would totally make these modifications :sweet: .

This is very simple! Great MOD :thumbup:

Thanks. :laugh:

Good Mod JD. If I buy the set I will follow these pictures to Mod it aswell. :thumbup:

I also enjoyed the little story that went with it. :classic:

Good. I'm glad you liked it. :thumbup:

Fun storyline and innovative modifications, I love it :thumbup: !!! I don't have a defender yet but I would totally make these modifications :sweet: .

Great! :classic:

Hmm.... I wonder if I should put in some Corellian leather... :tongue:

Very nice, this set really needed an improvement.

It seems that every TIE cockpit is very different, standard TIE Fighters from past sets at least had some printed tiles in there.

Very nice! :thumbup:

I will definately do this when I get a TIE Defender myself!

You actually got me thinking about buying one this year. I need a new TIE fighter ship,

as I bought a TIE Interceptor in 2006 but it was broken down quickly.. :sad:

I may buy it when I have some money left-overs, I have plans for other sets first.

~ General Magma