Sign in to follow this  
the enigma that is badger

BrickArms Limited Edition 2010 Scifi Pack

Brand new for 2010 and including 11 great new accessories, BrickArms is proud to announce the BrickArms 2010 Scifi Pack!

4444797900_30cd4df7b1.jpg

Sci-Fi_Pack_2010_3.jpg

4460861641_92da9f5736.jpg

This pack include the following BrickArms accessories in Silver:

• HCSR (High Caliber Sniper Rifle)

• Apoc SMG

• Plasma Blade

• MK2 Frag Grenade (x2)

• Chainblade

• Energy Pistol

• Photon Pistol

• Needle Weapon

• AC8

• Gunblade

Retail Price: $12

All the accessories in the BrickArms 2010 Scifi Pack are 100% production items and up to the high standards builders expect from BrickArms: crisp details, finely-edged blades, and perfect grip points!

Will does plan to eventually offer all these accessories as individual items in a variety of colors, but while those plans are still in development, Will is proud to offer this pack as a great way for builders to sample just a few of all the great accessories BrickArms has in store for 2010!

Edited by the enigma that is badger

Daaaang. This looks crazy. The chainblade is amazing, as is....everything else. :laugh: I like the textured grenades too.

Nice, love the whole set!

Is the chainblade based on Gears of Wars Lancer? Lancer Chainblade pic

But I am happy you posted it today and not yesterday, because I probarely didn't believe you :tongue: !

Edited by THE-FORCE

Is the chainblade based on Gears of Wars Lancer?

Yes, the GOW Lancer was one source of inspiration for Will in regards to that accessory. Actually, the story behind the Chainblade is pretty interesting: when Will was original developing the concept of a chainsaw bayoneted weapon, he posted this early prototype just to get feedback from the community:

3433577592_31d1a23c8a_m.jpg

What surprised Will was that so many builders seemed to love that smooth blade, so Will ultimately developed the Heavy Scifi Rifle, Glaive, and Chainblade accessories such that builders could mix-and-match any number of accessories together to create their one unique weapons!

3844808548_bbb635d863.jpg

3643236392_d48a56a435.jpg

But I am happy you posted it today and not yesterday, because I probarely didn't believe you :tongue: !

Yes, Will did specifically choose the date of April 2 to release this pack just to ensure that didn't happen. With how much interest has been expressed in some of those accessories, Will didn't want anyone to think he'd joke around about releasing them to builders eager to add them to their collections! :wink:

I personally still like the very first prototype a little bit better due to there being no gap.

I'm looking forward to receiving the Scifi pack.

@the enigma that is badger: I wondered because GOW is one of my favorite game series, I love the design!

I like it how Will thought about the date that the pack could be announced.

Edited by THE-FORCE

If only the HCSR was in black, the Needle Weapon was in purple, the Energy Blade was trans- blue, the Frag grenades in gunmetal or black, the Plasma weapon in blue or purple, and the AC8 was black.

If only the HCSR was in black, the Needle Weapon was in purple, the Energy Blade was trans- blue, the Frag grenades in gunmetal or black, the Plasma weapon in blue or purple, and the AC8 was black.

Indeed, those would be some absolutely fantastic colors for those particular items. But, like you said, if only . . . . . . :wink: