Sign in to follow this  
Palms

FBTB closing down

If its true, will Eurobricks be able to take a huge flood of members so quickly?

Edited by Roncanator

I've never liked FBTB, a bit to inclusive and arrogant for me (Just saying no offense intended). However I really doubt that this is true because first off, why not wit untill tommorow to give out the news? He does know it's april 1st right? I really can't believe it.

However if he is leaving and the site's future is uncertain, then all I can say is "I'm very sorry for my FBTB slamming ways and furthermore I am very sorry for the site closing"

Guys, come on!

The internet is a complete trap today, full of Rickrolls, Smouch traps, and tricks, such as Topeka's search engine function.

Learn to take the jokes lightly, or you may get your feelings hurt or think about deleting your account on FBTB! :laugh:

You know what's funnier than an April Fool's joke?

The butthurt people who b*tch about said jokes. :tongue:

Maybe thats because it is a Lego Star Wars forum?

-Chewk

That was/is their focus, but they do/did have forums for most themes.

If its true, will Eurobricks be able to take a huge flood of members so quickly?

FBTB

Most users ever online was 54 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:53 pm (based on users active over the past 2 minutes)

EB

Most users ever online was 2368 on Dec 20 2009, 04:36 AM (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)

We get at least 6x and up to 40x the traffic; I think we could handle it.

The surprising thing for me is that the recent announcement hasn't spiked the traffic; maybe people are believing it and have moved on.

We get at least 6x and up to 40x the traffic; I think we could handle it.

See, that's what I mean. I think some people are put off by their over moderation sometimes, and Eurobricks seems a lot more active... so, like I said, I don't want it to happen, but it's just a shrug for me.

Well... relax, it's definitely an April Fool's joke. If Google and Topeka, Kansas switch names and Wikipedia puts up ridiculous stories, I'm sure FBTB can crack a joke or two as well.

The whole point is to get people to believe you, so the TBB post isn't surprising, either.

Chill out, people.

(The comment trashing other Lego sites was crossing the line a bit, but then, that member doesn't seem like he's in on the joke with the staff. Punk.)

Well... relax, it's definitely an April Fool's joke. If Google and Topeka, Kansas switch names and Wikipedia puts up ridiculous stories, I'm sure FBTB can crack a joke or two as well.

You know it's hot in Topeka.

You know, I am pretty mad. This is one of the reasons I quit (although I went on both websites). FBTB goes WAY to far with their jokes. I doubt this is true. People are quiting LEGO because of this. Ace is going to need a ton of apologies to make this up to them. :thumbdown::hmpf_bad:

(The comment trashing other Lego sites was crossing the line a bit, but then, that member doesn't seem like he's in on the joke with the staff. Punk.)

Speaking as a frequent member of FBTB, I can assure you he's being entirely sarcastic in his thrashing.

Speaking as a frequent member of FBTB, I can assure you he's being entirely sarcastic in his thrashing.

You joined up to say that! :tongue:

I must admit though, I can't see the sarcasm. But it's his opinion... and for his sake I hope it's all just a joke! :grin:

You Eurobricks folks are entirely too thin skinned. If I cared half as much as you do about all the horrible things people say to me, I'd never be able to leave my house.

It's an April Fool's prank. Enjoy the day.

--Tony

You Eurobricks folks are entirely too thin skinned. If I cared half as much as you do about all the horrible things people say to me, I'd never be able to leave my house.

--Tony

Noted. I'll keep this in mind for next year. :devil:

But we already sent an armored truck full of gold bullion from the TBB vaults over to Ace's house! Is he going to return it?!

Josh :wink:

Edited by JoshW

But we already sent an armored truck full of gold bullion from the TBB vaults over to Ace's house! Is he going to return it?!

Josh :wink:

:tongue: He can spend it on his new kid.

BTW; it was a joke.

Yes, sir. We've marked all of our prank posts on TBB with "[April Fool's]" as well. Ace's temporary promotion to contributor has also been revoked. All has returned to normal....except for that armored car. Probably will never see that gold bullion again....

Josh

Was that TBB post about Nannan getting arrested a joke?

That's the problem with this day, you never know if they are serious or not. :laugh:

~A.S.

Ace's temporary promotion to contributor has also been revoked.

Oh. I thought he might stay and post once in a while.

I must admit though, I can't see the sarcasm. But it's his opinion... and for his sake I hope it's all just a joke! :grin:

To put to rest any doubt:

http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p...d390cfed#p35143

They were meant as jokes, and should be regarded as such. I've never really spent much (or any) time at CABG, Eurobricks, or the Brothers Brick, so I have no idea what they are actually like. I just felt like making plays on their names. As for Classic Space, which arguably was the weakest of the bunch; I actually enjoy the site and all the great MOCs found there.