Sign in to follow this  
Palms

FBTB closing down

It has just been announced FBTB is shutting down for good. Post your thoughts here, is it bad, will we get a flood of FBTB people (underaged)? Or is it good for FBTB dis-likers.

EDIT BY SIEGGY

It was a joke.

Edited by Siegfried

Maybe maybe not.

I hope it is. :cry_happy: While some of it's members seem to dislike us (and the rest of the world)...

Where else is there that has such thoughtful LEGO and Star Wars discussions? CABG? More like GARBG. Eurobricks? More like Euro-Pricks. The Brothers Brick? More like The Brothers Ick. Classic Space? More like Classic Space-Cases. No other community that I've seen is quite as unique as we are here.

...we certainly don't feel the same way. The more LEGO sites the better if you ask me!

Maybe maybe not.

It is April 1st. They always do something extraordinary on April fool's.

Edited by Ricecracker

I don't think it is. I read it on both TBB and FBTB. Apparently it's because Ace just can't do it anymore. And he's already made his first contribution on TBB. The Brothers Brick purchased the site from him, and let him be a contributer on their site.

I think it is real, but it sounds like Ace is now happier, and that's the most important thing, right?

Oh, and some guy commented and called us all "Euro-Pricks". I logged off after that :laugh:

~A.S.

EDIT: Blast! Sieggy beat me to it! :tongue:

Edited by AwesomeStar

I don't think it is. I read it on both TBB and FBTB. Apparently it's because Ace just can't do it anymore. And he's already made his first contribution on TBB. The Brothers Brick purchased the site from him, and let him be a contributer on their site.

Yeah, I read all that too. But it's odd timing for such a drastic announcement.

I think it is real, but it sounds like Ace is now happier, and that's the most important thing, right?

True. There's not much point running a fan site if it's not giving you at least some pleasures. But if that is the case I still don't understand why. It's why EB has 4 root admins; Jipay gets busy often, so does Bonaparte, so does Hinckley, and so do I. (Like the last few weeks. :sceptic: ) Any one of us could go away and the site would survive. (We'd lose some essential expertise though.) Also, EB is for the most part self-supported so we could even lose all the roots and pick new ones from the staff.

So I think that surely there is someone on the site who could take over FBTB and show it the same love? (I don't visit FBTB much anymore, no time, so I have no idea if anyone is suitable.)

In any case in a day or two we'll know for sure. I really hope it's a joke.

Edited by Siegfried
Clarification

So I think that surely there is someone on the site who could take over FBTB and show it the same love? (I don't visit FBTB much anymore, no time, so I have no idea if anyone is suitable.)

In any case in a day or two we'll know for sure. I really hope it's a joke.

Well, in his announcement on the News page he did say that most of the people he'd want to carry on (or would be next in line, per say) are in much the same situation as him.

I too hope it's a joke, and if not, I think TBB will be running it still, and I have faith in them.

~A.S.

It is April 1st. They always do something extraordinary on April fool's.

I'm happy they do April's fools jokes, if not, I would nto be here.

I was a member there and they did the power miners theme switch last year.

Well I wasn't super active so I came back a few days later to find a different theme and my logon info didn't work, so I searched for a new SW lego forum and found EB, notice my join date, the day after april fools day.

I never looked back, EB is ten times the site FBTB was.

Well I wasn't super active so I came back a few days later to find a different theme and my logon info didn't work, so I searched for a new SW lego forum and found EB, notice my join date, the day after april fools day.

:tongue: Cool; maybe we should make that our tagline!

Eurobricks; the place to go when you can't get on FBTB. You won't want to leave once you visit!

Most likely its an April fools joke...

Forums do stuff like this all the time, on my car forum we always mess around with the board, we change names make stupid topics, once we even flipped the entire forum upside down and turned it pink. :grin:

This sounds normal.

I'm happy they do April's fools jokes, if not, I would nto be here.

I was a member there and they did the power miners theme switch last year.

I never looked back, EB is ten times the site FBTB was.

I actually joined a day before you did but you have 4,600 more posts than I do :laugh: . I to was a part of FBTB for a long time(ish) but, the last April fools joke forced me to leave.

Where else is there that has such thoughtful LEGO and Star Wars discussions? CABG? More like GARBG. Eurobricks? More like Euro-Pricks. The Brothers Brick? More like The Brothers Ick. Classic Space? More like Classic Space-Cases. No other community that I've seen is quite as unique as we are here.

From Bricks To Bothans? More like From Berks to Bastards AMIRITE?

I have nothing against FBTB and lurk frequently.

I actually joined a day before you did but you have 4,600 more posts than I do :laugh: . I to was a part of FBTB for a long time(ish) but, the last April fools joke forced me to leave.

Holy cow, when you say it like that.......

Lets keep this between you and me. :vader:

From Bricks To Bothans? More like From Berks to Bastards AMIRITE?

:laugh: Nice title. Eurogrammmar on! :grin: This is shocking! Almost as much when it changed to Power Miners exactly one year ago. :oh: It was very elaborate and lasted for awhile. I just can't believe they're finally closing down!

If it's a joke, it's a cruel one. FBTB was an invaluable resource to me when I got back into LEGO and Star Wars two years ago.

Frankly, FBTB has such a draconian posting policy and moderators that it's barely worth visiting compared to Eurobricks anyway; it's only got a fraction of the traffic and it's way too SW centered.

So, joke or not, I just have to shrug.

Maybe I wasn't posting enough at FBTB to notice, but what were their "draconian" posting policies and mods? I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm honestly curious, as you're not the first person I've heard grumbling about it.

Maybe I wasn't posting enough at FBTB to notice, but what were their "draconian" posting policies and mods? I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm honestly curious, as you're not the first person I've heard grumbling about it.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems people would get berated for starting a new thread on a subject when there was one from three years with 50 pages in it.

Personally I'd rather have a new thread in such a case, instead of reviving dead threads with a million comments that had long gone off topic.

... it's only got a fraction of the traffic and it's way too SW centered.

Maybe thats because it is a Lego Star Wars forum?

-Chewk

Maybe thats because it is a Lego Star Wars forum?

-Chewk

OH REALLY? :hmpf:

I know that, that's why eurobricks is better... you've got Star Wars and everything else... so did FBTB, BTW... but I think there's probably more traffic on eurobricks Star Wars section than on all of FBTB and, I as said, it's my opinion that the over moderation is partly to blame.

But I'm not trying to slam them, I'm just saying that, even though I go there most every day, I'll just shrug if it happens to disappear.

What a shame... that it's April Fools Day. I'm quickly learning that ALL news released today is fake. I don't believe this for a nanosecond.

I hope it is. :cry_happy: While some of it's members seem to dislike us (and the rest of the world)...

...we certainly don't feel the same way. The more LEGO sites the better if you ask me!

Oh wow. I don't like FBTB because they banned me for no apparent reason, but when I see posts like that, I get really mad. If this is an April Fools joke, they just crossed the line.

Edited by prateek

Its just the star wars kiddies prateek, remember, we are much more awesome as people. :thumbup:

I for one am glad that they continue to sequester themselves in a hive of ABS and Midichlorians.

:wink:

I really hope this isn`t a april fools joke I really do............because if it`s not that is just cruel.

Edited by General Redwater