Thanks for showing this off today! I was impressed by all the questions you took time to answer and am sure it was quite a long day. The build was terrific - my wife loved the library and I enjoyed your technique for the shelves. There were so many hidden details - it was quite amazing. I'm interested to know how many pieces you estimated!

Thanks for coming out to see it. The turnout was great and only 3 figures were stolen :cry_sad:. The estimated piece count was about 21,000. Looking through some of the 500+ ballots, there are a few that are coming within 500 pieces of the answer.

Mark

Thanks for coming out to see it. The turnout was great and only 3 figures were stolen :cry_sad:. The estimated piece count was about 21,000. Looking through some of the 500+ ballots, there are a few that are coming within 500 pieces of the answer.

Mark

It's too bad some figs were stolen. :thumbdown: My wife guessed 22000, so she was darn close!

I'm glad to see more images have been uploaded!

My first thoughts are that I don't care for the mottling on the main tower. It just doesn't look right to me, possibly because of the use of 2 x 2 tiles where all the other mottling is 1 x 2 tiles. Some sort of window or design on the front might have helped break that up.

Once I get over that though, there is a whole lot to love. The landscaping is gorgeous, and I really like the various tudor buildings and the mottled flooring. Your various windows are cool, and the fire pit is a fun feature. The interior is also well done and a nice bonus we don't always see in models of this size.

I can see that it divides into sections, but was it still difficult to transport?

I'm glad to see more images have been uploaded!

My first thoughts are that I don't care for the mottling on the main tower. It just doesn't look right to me, possibly because of the use of 2 x 2 tiles where all the other mottling is 1 x 2 tiles. Some sort of window or design on the front might have helped break that up.

Once I get over that though, there is a whole lot to love. The landscaping is gorgeous, and I really like the various tudor buildings and the mottled flooring. Your various windows are cool, and the fire pit is a fun feature. The interior is also well done and a nice bonus we don't always see in models of this size.

I can see that it divides into sections, but was it still difficult to transport?

Hey Dillon, first let me say thanks for the front page spot!

Thanks for the advice on the 2x2 tiles on the front tower, I agree you. It was my first attempt at building a round tower with ratchet pieces, the next MOC will incorporate more variety in the rounded wall sections.

Transportation was surprisingly very easy. The back two sections each weigh around 30-40lb so we had to wheel those around in a cart. The front two sections are very sturdy and light and can easily be carried by one person.

Mark

This was truly amazing to see in person! Dave and I had a great time admiring all the details, loved the seek-and-find, and really enjoyed chatting with you. :classic: Can't wait to try out your bookshelf technique!

~Stacy

amazing! Only took 4 months how'd you finish it so fast. I know I can't build that in only 4 months

This was truly amazing to see in person! Dave and I had a great time admiring all the details, loved the seek-and-find, and really enjoyed chatting with you. :classic: Can't wait to try out your bookshelf technique!

~Stacy

Say, were you and Dave buying pieces for his Splitrock Lighthouse model? If that was indeed you (and he's the one building the Lighthouse), I was standing next to you while he was buying those four boxes.

It was amazing to see this thing in the flesh (or plastic). It was, by far, the most impressive model I have ever seen.

As for the piece count I used the dimensions given to estimate 20,000. So close and yet so far. I did manage to win a Indiana Jones mini figure, so it wasn't a total loss. Again, fantastic job with this, it was really nice to meet a you in person, Einsteinonthebeach.

Super. Have been looking through the pictures. I simply love it when people go that extra mile and get all the litlle details into the layout.

Hope it will be possible to see it in real plastic someday.

All the best Henning M.

Wow, how did I miss this thread? Incredible job!

Edit: I lol'd at the stripper pole. :classic:

Edited by gunm

Saw it this week end, but forgot to comment, as my jaw was on my keyboard, I was unable to type :P

that's an amazing Moc, impressive, superb, I'm so jealous, GREAT JOB on it !

I can not find proper words to say for your MOC because this is really awesome.

Congratulations.

Just amazing work all round. Sad to hear about the theft. I think I agree with what Dillon mentioned previously on the 2x2 tiles just being too big for wall details.

I need to poor over the higher res pics for all the details now.

Cheers. :thumbup:

Just WOW!! I like the castle theme creations and this one is also nice detailed Well Done!

Mark...this was absolutely amazing to see in person. There is so much detail that one can easily spend over an hour just looking at this one MOC. So many scenes and little funny details. Stacy and I loved it and took tons of pictures which we will eventually post to Flickr. Thanks for taking the time to give us the grand tour of the castle (especially the little hidden items). We really liked your 'I Spy' idea and will be using that at Brickworld this summer. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about the thefts. That's never fun and aside from plexiglas or something like that, I still haven't figured out a good way to eliminate that. It's frustrating that people feel the need to do that. We had a couple figs stolen off of our layout at Brickworld last year and it just guts you when you realize it happened.

Say, were you and Dave buying pieces for his Splitrock Lighthouse model? If that was indeed you (and he's the one building the Lighthouse), I was standing next to you while he was buying those four boxes.

Nope...must not have been us. I'm not building a lighthouse right now. My avatar picture is what I look like right now. We were there from about 10 am until 12 pm. We looked at Mark's castle for awhile and then went in to get a couple PAB cups and a bunch of PoP sets.

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Wow! What an incredible MOC!

I absolutely love all the attention to detail and the myriad hilarious little vignettes you've composed throughout. Moreover, I think it's great how you've managed to incorporate elements from just about every LEGO theme there is.

I'm curious, but not curious enough to officially ask how the Fertility Idol in the bedroom above the Night Club is incorporated into the "activities" of that room.

Great job! I can't imagine how much it cost to simply amass so many different elements!

Awsome, simply breath taking. :oh3::oh: I especially like the dining hall and the pit of fire. Those were great. I also like the detail of the foliage on the outside of Fordlandia and I like the cliffs. This MOC is just too cool. :sweet:

Wow, what a terriffic moc.! :thumbup::classic:

Do I see Admiral Ackbar in the Nightclub?

I think his excuse was that he was trapped again. :tongue::grin::wink:

My, this is stunning! There's so many fantastic features I could spend ags looking at his. I love that lava pit with dragon and the action going on in and around it, it's a great centrepiece. Medieval pole-dancers are a win for me too! :wink:

Brilliant work.

Nope, that wasn't us...but I'm curious to know who's building Splitrock Lighthouse.

~Stacy