jonwil

Tips on building a LEGO town photocopier

I just got hold of a 2x2 clear tile and want to build a photocopier (for my car dealer). Has anyone built one before and does anyone have any design tips to make one look realistic?

Thanks 'jonwil' another challange for me, see what I can come up with in the next 24 hours. :wink:

I would say it be 3 to 3.5 bricks high all up, 4 to 5 studs long including that tile...... where did you score that from ?

Wouldn't mind a photocopier for one of my town business I guess.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

You might get some inspiration from this topic. A clear tile would really improve the copier.

100_1256.jpg

Edited by CopMike
Picture added.

You can also check THIS very nice one from alex54's post office.

(Scroll down the page to see it.)

wip09b07.jpg

Edited by CopMike
Picture added.

A clear tile would really improve the copier.

And one of those new 2x4 tiles instead of just a regular 2x4 plate.

Might I suggest under the clear tile a green (lime green perhaps) 1x2 plate and a black 1x2 plate to give it the appearance of a copy actually running the green scanning bar across? Both of those examples are awesome, always amazed at what people come up with. The only problem with my suggestion is that the green and black would show on the side... guess it is hard to hide everything at that scale. Good luck.

Here's my attempt at a photocopier. They come in all different shape and sizes.

4480231705_a6d4104edf.jpg

4480231885_92eae17425.jpg

Things you shouldn't do with a photocopier.

4480232023_daa301da07.jpg

My turn.......

tractor_dealership_23.jpg

I now have to make room in the tractor dealership for this copier now.

My turn.......

I now have to make room in the tractor dealership for this copier now.

I can sell you a smaller, lighter duty copier. It's perfect for home and small office use. And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to maintain like the full sized heavy duty copier. :classic:

4483369024_a163c08b1f.jpg

4482719743_86b912670f.jpg

I can sell you a smaller, lighter duty copier. It's perfect for home and small office use. And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to maintain like the full sized heavy duty copier. :classic:

4483369024_a163c08b1f.jpg

4482719743_86b912670f.jpg

Ah, but 'dr_spock' my copier fits perfectly in the dealerships showroom see........

tractor_dealership_27.jpg

so it fits just right.

But I will admit that small copier could also pass off as a printer in an office - great mini MOCing 'dr_spock' and I'm a conformist! !

P.S. 'jonwil' you scored a 2x2`trans-clear tile - it only ever came in one 1988 set - a car pulling a caravan (6590) - you got lucky ! :sweet:

Thanks for the advice guys, now I just need to figure out if I will build it in White or Light Bluish Grey (and if I build in Light Bluish, which of the sets with the 2 x 4 tile in that color I will buy to obtain one)

The filing cabinet from that other topic has given me some other ideas for things I need in the office of my Car Dealer.

Ah, but 'dr_spock' my copier fits perfectly in the dealerships showroom see........

tractor_dealership_27.jpg

so it fits just right.

But I will admit that small copier could also pass off as a printer in an office - great mini MOCing 'dr_spock' and I'm a conformist! !

P.S. 'jonwil' you scored a 2x2`trans-clear tile - it only ever came in one 1988 set - a car pulling a caravan (6590) - you got lucky ! :sweet:

Cool, you've found space for your copier. It appears to fit well in that corner of the dealership.

Thanks. I'm thinking of putting the large one in my police station and the small one in the beach house. I have a small all-in-one printer, copier, fax machine at home.