cagri

WIP: Cargo Train

I've been looking forward to seeing what engine you'll come up with ever since I saw your first car, Cagri! This Cargo Train of yours is definitely going to look great... I was wondering whether you're planning on building double copies of specific cars or are you planning on running a diverse train composition with one wagon per cargo type?

Seen most of the rolling stock before, except the white hopper - it's a very nice ! :grin:

An engine I would suggest using a design from your own country would be nice, that's what I'm doing for my layout.

AWESOME work 'cagri' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks a lot for your nice words. I realize that "real" trains usually have multiples of same cars but in LEGO form I prefer to build different types of wagons to make it more interesting. I have a limited space and limited collection therefore building something big is unfortunately not an option right now. I will try to come up with new types of wagons for the play value and wow factor. I do consider building a replica of actual engines in Turkey. That requires some more observation and part collecting though :)

your white hopper is an inspiration! i have been working on an 8 wide mining train for the longest time and seeing such a well assembled car really does the trick to keep me going!! i also appreciate someone who models in a more standard lego fashion rather than making mocs that are so real to life

These are turning out so nicely as a complete set. The real beauty of these builds is that they would fit in nicely with a range of smaller engines, whether it was a MOC or something like the engine from 7710. Personally, I'm looking forward to when you build the engine to go with this and have a complete little train.

Looking good so far Cagri! One of the renovated Alstom BR-203's might look nice in front of that rolling stock. Something like this...

file_52723_295741.jpg

I just love the lime/yellow paint scheme. :classic:

-Davey

Very nice Cagri -your're Cargo Train is coming around nicely. I really like your building style. :wub: Your train cars always look so smooth and clean, almost like they're not made out of LEGO. I also like the shorter length reminding me of Euro-LGB trains.

Davey: that's a beautiful engine. Those colors are very unique - it would make a wonderful LEGO creation.

These are some very fine waggons you have built. I can only agree to thebrickster: Your waggons look really smooth and leave the impression as if they were not built with LEGO bricks. They almost look like waggons of a real model train manufacturer.

Really nice ones cagri :sweet:! Clean design and smooth! I´m looking forward to see the whole train!

I've been enjoying your cars as you posted them (I built my own tanker similar to yours), and it is great to see them all together. When you build an engine, were you planning on motorizing it? I find hiding the PF components to be the hardest part of making engines, especially small ones.

your cargo train is very nice! those cars are simple built but they show great talent! lego should take inspiration from people around us.

your cargo train with a diesel engine should became a regular set!

anyway, Davey gave me an inspiration and I planned a diesel engine (it's bad when you're at home and have nothing to do!)

as usual it's LDD and with pick a brick parts only, but with some other parts it can be improved a lot!

you can have a look HERE

have a nice lego day

mrBlue