REVIEW: 8683 #3 The Caveman  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this fig?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

any chance we could get a comparison shot (or two, or three) of this guy's club with the Castle Troll one?
I was thinking of the same comparison, but somehow I can't find the old club anywhere (the sorting process has not been finished after we moved in). So as soon as I find the troll's club - we'll compare them side by side in every possible way.

So far we´ve only seen & touched TLG quality and been told that they´re made to be in the ordinary line of products that TLG sell, and therefore checked and monitored the same way as a regular set.

So please wait with the bad-mouthing of the quality :hmpf_bad: , this is good stuff.

Oops, sorry CopMike! :blush: I read that this wasn't the usual quality, but better than the minifigure collection packs. So I wasn't so sure what to think about it. They do look really good and like I said I just can't wait to get my hands on these. On all of them. :tongue:

Apart from that, it's a Bill Oddie minifig! 'Goodies' MOCs on!

Ahh, The Goodies, brings me back...

Anyway thanks for the review! looks like I'll be picking up a few minifig packs

Since I don't think I have any lighter yellow from Belville... Okay, I promise I'll compare the colors when I get home today...

It's also the same yellow as is used for Willie Scott's hair in the Indiana Jones sets from Temple of Doom, if that helps.

I'm not sure what kind of display setting I'd use this guy for--maybe I will just have a bizarre town with a bunch of clowns, cavemen, and pro wrestler weirdos! :laugh:

Edited by gunm

It's also the same yellow as is used for Willie Scott's hair in the Indiana Jones sets from Temple of Doom, if that helps.

I'm very sure that(even if it's the lighting) caveman Der isn't that shade of yellow.

are the torso and hips regular tan (brick yellow), or the lighter yellow used in Belville (cool yellow)? It's not quite clear in the pictures.
I've just compared the torso with the tan and bright light yellow (as long as light yellow) parts. The torso is tan (not 100%, but 99% sure).

Hmm.

I have a slight issue with the side and back of the minifigure's torso. It's clearly the cream colour of the clothes. However, it looks odd since the top-left corner is ripped off. The yellow band above the leg printing is an issue too. Still, not much you could do to fix those issues but more printing, so I'm not too bothered.

The club and hairpiece will come in handy, too. I have yet to get the Hagrid hairpiece.

It is a really nice one, i wouldnt mind for a prehistoric line :tongue:

Another great minifigure for the simple reason that it is unusual. It's actually one of the first figs that caught my eye when these images became available. I really like the hairpiece and that unibrow with the maniacal grin will probably make a funny appearance somewhere doing something devious in somebody's MOC. :tongue:

Ouch! Thanks for sharing this review, Zeek. :sweet:

I am sure, this is one of the popular minifig, for collectors whom are interested to dabble with pre-historic figures, and this Caveman appears to be very much suitable for that purpose. I can imagine, many of the builders will start building some Stone Age mocs. Flintstones, anyone? :grin:

The head reminds me a one power miners head.

I think you're referring to this one:

pm017.jpgpm011.jpg

and the haed is:

3626bpb367.jpg

8683_14.jpg

They might be relatives of some sort... The Caveman is the ancestor and the Power Miner is the descendant.

Still fighting some Rock Monsters... With the club of with the help of Mine Mechs...

I love it! Great details and I love the printing on it. The hair could be used as a new Santa Clause for 2010 Dec holiday. Lego did such a great job on these figures that on the voting pools they are getting a majority of "outstanding" highest best vote option. I always put outstanding myself. :grin:

So far we´ve only seen & touched TLG quality and been told that they´re made to be in the ordinary line of products that TLG sell, and therefore checked and monitored the same way as a regular set.

So please wait with the bad-mouthing of the quality :hmpf_bad: , this is good stuff.

--> That's spoken CopMike... don't judge on some pre-pictures... LEGO only want the best for you, believe me.

So put all you banners of cheap plastic in the closet until you actually seen and touched them !!!

As soon as I get my claws *cough* I mean hands on this guy, perfectly normal human hands there shall be a Geico lego commercial.

Edited by GhillieinTheMist