Sign in to follow this  
VBBN

Transformers 3

What we know so far;

-Optimus will take amore Heroic visualchange

-Bumblebee will be more mature

-The movie will dig deep into character development, and the roots of G1.

-A very dark storyline will be used

• Sam Witwicky
  • Mikeala Banes
  • Ron Witwicky
  • Captain Lennox
  • Epps

-New Characters:

• John Malkovich as Sams first boss
  • Frances McDormand as National Intelligence Director for the US government

-newest Autobot to join the ranks; Ferrari 458 Italia

-Leaked concept art showed Cybetron and what looked to be unicron

-Movie will be shot in LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow, and China.

-This quote;

The spy report revealed that not only were there some Transformers signage and posters hanging about but there were clothing racks full of military gear that were labelled "Iranian Army" and "Ukranian Army". There was a third rack which read "Matt's costumes".

THere were some large wooden structures built at one end of the soundstage, and another area where it looked like they were constructing rocky terrain, and there was something else being handled by the crew which "looked like a giant gear". There was also a report of moon reference photos and a NASA moon lander image by the "model" shop on location.

I figured I'd put this seperate from the Transformers thread,like the War for Cybertron gamegot a seperate topic.

Anywhoodles, discuss.

Sound cool so far, though I wonder were will more decepticons come from, they were literally pounded in the last movie.

Then again Megatron will coup something up for sure, his rule the world plans were always so original in G1! XD

My God, another one? Didn't Micheal Bay get a clue when T2 got the Razzie for Worst Film? I guess not. :hmpf:

"The movie will dig deep into character development." Yeah. Right. I'll believe when I see it. Actually, no, I won't believe it even then. There's no such thing as character development in a Bay film. It's an excuse for large, CGI robots to smash into each other.

As you may have guessed, the whole Transformers thing isn't my kettle of tea. But it's nice to know that Bay will be busy for a while with T3, so he can't screw up another blockbuster film based on an awesome toy.

My God, another one? Didn't Micheal Bay get a clue when T2 got the Razzie for Worst Film? I guess not. :hmpf:

"The movie will dig deep into character development." Yeah. Right. I'll believe when I see it. Actually, no, I won't believe it even then. There's no such thing as character development in a Bay film. It's an excuse for large, CGI robots to smash into each other.

:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for making my day more enjoyable Tereglith, I'll echo this statement. Hopefully atleast the action will be shot coherently this time. I went into T2 expecting to atleast see good action and effects, turns out I couldn't see either thanks to good old My Shakey Cam.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Considering the movie made over 800 million world wide, some lame award from a bunch of internet geeks doesn't really seem to have any meaning.

The movie will dig deep into character development." Yeah. Right. I'll believe when I see it. Actually, no, I won't believe it even then. There's no such thing as character development in a Bay film. It's an excuse for large, CGI robots to smash into each other.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! :tongue: Yes, it is an excuse for CGI robots to beat down each other. As it should be. And to be honest, thats really whats all generations of TF have been. As it seems, you've already judged the movie before even seeing it. Thats a shame. Because no matter how much a movie changes your just going to go into it with a negative attitude (thats if you see it at all).

I hope all the rumors are true. Although i really enjoyed both movies, there's always room for improvement. Character development is defiantly the key. But i do hope they don't go over board. This is after all supposed to be an action movie. I think as long as they give all robots meaningfully dialog and decent scene time (not every character is going to get a full back story) then i think they'll be just fine.

Something tells me he, the studio, and their 800+ million dollars from the box office plus countless other millions from TV rights, DVD sales, and promotional tie ins either laughed at that razzie, didn't notice, or don't care.

Let's not kid ourselves. The cartoon was made to sell toys. It did this by promising to deliver robots that can transform fighting each other. It has never been about serious character development. I'm a G.I.Joe fan so I know what it's like to see something you like given a treatment you don't completely agree with, but I accept that what I liked was a cartoon deesigned to sell toys and nothing more.

Edit to add: I didn't even notice when I replied, but it looks like 5150Lego hit all of my points.

Edited by Tyrant

The first Transformers was good. Funny and entertaining. Then came ROTF, which had an awesome opening hour, then turned plain stupid. Who made up the plot? Bay or a 5 year old? :hmpf:

I do love Shia LaBeoufs character though (Sam Witwicky). I think he's hilarious. :laugh: KITTEN CALENDER!

Bay will no doubt mess up story-wise again. But Malkovich will be good.

Apparently there is going to be a Ferrari 458 Italia Autobot in TF3! I can't wait to see the toy :tongue:

Yeah I had that somewhere in the first post. I'm holding out for it to be Hot Rod.

I can't say I'm terribly excited. I wasn't a fan of the first two films, for the same reasons cited above. Too little plot, too much camera shake, too much Chevy product placement, and too much sex focus.

Of course, I'm trying to be optomistic. I'd like to see them visit Cybertron, and I'd like to see some character development.. but again, it's a Bay film, so I'm not expecting to see something that's had a lot of care lavished on it.

Yeah I didn't like the first two because there was to much going on when the robots were fighting and transforming, the camera was way to close, so you didn't really know when one machine stopped and the other began. It was all just really confusing.

Yeah I didn't like the first two because there was to much going on when the robots were fighting and transforming, the camera was way to close, so you didn't really know when one machine stopped and the other began. It was all just really confusing.

I have never understood this complaint. I never had any problems distinguishing the robots fighting each other. Never felt the camera was over shaky. Heck, Bay and company even did quite a few scenes in slow motion to try and combat those complaints. But in the end, your just not going to please everyone. That, or maybe more people need to get glasses.

As you may have guessed, the whole Transformers thing isn't my kettle of tea. But it's nice to know that Bay will be busy for a while with T3, so he can't screw up another blockbuster film based on an awesome toy.

LOL. All I require from a Transformers movie is big-megablocks robots beating the hell out of each other, things blowing up, and Megan Fox wearing very little. So far MB has delivered on all accounts.

Another one.....? Well hopefully this one will be like the Dark Knight and surpass the previous film in quality. I'm sorry but transformers 2 was terrible, brilliant action but the storyline and everything else was just awful. Don't even get me started on those jive talking autobots which are very racist, even though almost all my black friends don't think so.

The first one was really good but the second one was just a cheese fest to me.

UNICRON?!?!? :cry_happy: I was so disappointed when the first two didn't have him, he after all was one of my three favorite toys of all time as a kid. And I can only imagine how massively epic he will look. After all in case you don't know he turns into a freaking planet! How cool is that! Let's just hope it's the black, lime and trans orange version.

unicron104.jpg

I wasn't dissapointed at all without Unicron. Personally, I feel that Bay would most likely do something stupid and

make him like Galctus in Fantastic 4 Silver Surfer. A big cloud of stupid. Or a big chunk of metal....

I'm calling it: it will be just as bad, if not worse than Revenge of the Fallen, and will win Michael Bay a second Razzie the year it comes out. Case in point - about a month ago, they revealed the replacement for Megan Fox (who quit the film after she supposedly got fed up with the director), and it's a Victoria's Secret model with no prior acting experience. Gee, really learning from your mistakes, aren't you Bay? :hmpf:

Also, if you guys haven't heard, the villian is apparently not going to be Unicron, but Shockwave, who apparently is a purple cyclops robot who takes over Cybertron. Of course, he probably won't look anything like his previous incarnations, and might also possibly be equipped with a codpiece that the Autobots will proceed to make fun of for 10 minutes straight. :tongue:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Yes, it is an excuse for CGI robots to beat down each other. As it should be. And to be honest, thats really whats all generations of TF have been.

I wouldn't say that. I just started watching Transformers: Animated, and I'm amazed at how good the characters, dialogue, humor is. Sure, the amimation not be nearly as advanced as Bay's CGI transformers, but it's still a fun show. I've also heard that Beast Wars is really fantastic in just about every area, including plots and characters. Sure, that's only two series in a mountain of different incarnations, but it's a bit unfair to say that all transformers-related media is just "an excuse for robots to beat down each other." Transformers doesn't have to be stupid, it's just that most executives think that they can sell toys with a low quality show or movie. And they're right, sadly - but that still doesn't excuse it.

Edited by Grevious

Almost every source I have found say that SHOCKWAVE is supposed to be the leader of the decepticons instead of Megatron or Starscream. :sweet:

Edited by Sulfurix

All I require from a Transformers movie is big-megablocks robots beating the hell out of each other, things blowing up, and Megan Fox wearing very little. So far MB has delivered on all accounts.

I couldn't agree more. If I am entertained, then it was a good movie.

It's being filmed in Chicago, which is where I live. That is probably the only reason why I will see this movie. Transformers 2 was one of the worst movies I've ever paid money to see... and I've seen Prince of Persia.

I did like the first one though.

I am looking foward to this film, as I am a massive Transformer fan, and I wad so dissapointed with ROTF, and the main faults in that have been scrapped, ( The Twins ). Also, thank God we have lost Fox. She's great to look at ............ when she's not acting that is. Her replacement is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley I believe.

What I really want in TF3 is more character input. e.g. Sideswipe, Jolt, Ironhide, Rachet, Arcee twins. I also am dieing to see Stratoshpere and the flying dude in the game. I also want that Leo guy and the British NEST guy killed.

I am looking foward to this film, as I am a massive Transformer fan, and I wad so dissapointed with ROTF, and the main faults in that have been scrapped, ( The Twins )

Don't count them out just yet. Reports have been coming in that their vehicle modes have been spotted on the sets. And remember, this is being directed by the same guy who assured us that Megatron wouldn't be in Transformers 2. :tongue:

Her replacement is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley I believe..

Who also can't act - or at least you'd assume that, what with her being a model with no prior acting experience. Maybe she'll suprise us and be better than Megan Fox, but the chances of that happening are slim to none. If anything, she'll probably be worse. :sadnew: