Just one more though ........

Setnumber: 8683

Minifig number&name: #9 The Magician

Numbers of different minifigs in series 1: 16

Parts in this bag: 6

Price: probably around US $1.99 per bag

Release: June 2010

gallery_148_84_31592.jpg

Hat, head, torso, legs, stand and the Magic Wand!

As far as I know that´s a new torso design, but there´s a bunch of bow tie ones made before.

The head looks a bit like this one3626bpx82.gifbut now the new white-dot-eye design has come here also.

gallery_148_84_46950.jpg

Comparison pic.

gallery_148_84_16664.jpg

I´m going Abracadabra on your a-s!

Another nice minifig to collect!

Okay, guess who will have collected all minifigs first. :laugh:

Nice little review again, Copmike.

But in this case I have to say "Sweet, but no big deal this time".

The minifig is jut too similar to exiting ones.

The magic wand is interesting, though. :wub:

But in this case I have to say "Sweet, but no big deal this time".

It's still a nice fig, but I agree, not as special as the ones you've reviewed so far.

The magic wand is interisting, though. :wub:

Is it black (with painted white edges) or white (with black in the middle)?

And wasn't this fig shown with a separate hairpiece in one of the previously released images?

Is it me, or is there something very evil magician about that face?? Looks like he might be scaring kids OFF the city corner rather than luring them in to see tricks?

Either way, pretty cool... not my favorite either, but I wouldn't be disappointed with it either.

Of the whole first series, this is probably the most similar to existing parts, but they didn't go cheap and recycle anything that wasn't already perfect for the job. Instead, we get a new head, new torso, new 3L bar with white ends, white hands and a top hat at a low suggested price, so I can't complain.

Now I just need to get one of those giant killer Belville bunnies to finish off the ensemble. :thumbup:

Thanks for another great review, CopMike!

Now, that's the best minifig of series #1 for me! )

Such an opportunity to give the Penguin a new suit! ) :tongue:

The new short wand looks really good. Is that the only set it appears in? Because I suppose that I've seen those somewhere else, if I remember correctly. They may be used by TLC for HP as well, I guess. ) :classic:

And wasn't the figure suppose to have hairpiece in the set?

Thanks for the review! ) :classic::thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

What on earth, another one!!!!!

I hope someone collects them all and then sells them to me :grin:

Nice review, I think this is one of the best of series one and I cant wait to get my hands on one.

i really like this one!

now all you need is the clown and you can build a circus!

hmm maybe TLG is thinking about it too....

Swanky, CopMike!

Like others here I'm curious about the lack of the hairpiece I seem to remember seeing in some of the preliminary images. Also, is the wand indeed the same piece as the beam from the spaceman's ray gun (save for being in a different color and printed, of course)? And given what you said / showed regarding the cheerleader's hair earlier, am I safe in assuming the top hat is the same as the regular top hat we know and love?

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Wow, I'm impressed by the details on the wand. It's great to have it printed with white endings! :thumbup: It looks like a great figure and also very useful. I like the torso and the head the most. I sure hope TLG releases these bars in brown/tan/dark tan/black, ... as wands for Harry Potter and his companions.

Thanks for the review Copmike, I'll definitely be getting this one, love the torso.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks 'Cop Mike' for the review, POOF ! he has appeared ! :grin:

Great minifig missing only the rabbit for the hat ! :laugh:

At least with some of these we are getting new accessories, like here the wand.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I'm liking that wand. I'm pretty sure Inconspicuous' jaw just dropped :tongue:

You couldn't be more right about that. :oh::cry_happy: Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lego, for making this minifig! Not only a printed wand, but a 3-L one? And a lovely new torso and face to top it off.

I will admit, it's not the fanciest or most unique fig of the line, but it's still simple and lovely to me. However, I don't like the fact the it apparently doesn't have the hairpiece advertised originally.

Thanks for the quick but good review of this little guy, CopMike.

Is it black (with painted white edges) or white (with black in the middle)?

And wasn't this fig shows with a separate hairpiece in one of the previously released images?

It's white with black printing, I believe. Look at the close-up image, you can see the black printing is slightly off.

I'm sure it was shown with a separate hairpiece, but it must've gotten removed. Pity, as the hairpiece may have come in handy.

If I get the luck to get two of these (yes, I actually would like to get a few multiples of every minifigure if I haven't rounded off my collection, just not too many), I'll find a good use for the hat and wand.

sorry, I voted in the wrong thread. this fig is okay but nothing special... my 5 should have been a 3. The five was intened for Mr Caveman...

I really like this figure. It may seem simple but I appreciate the elegance of the magician. The new length for the wand is great and I will be quite disappointed if I don't get a chance to snag this one too.

I really like this minifig alot, especially the torso, which can be used as a suit for formal occassions. There are also a couple of new element such as the magician wand.

Now, where is Inky? I am sure he is only excited about this minifig. I am pretty confident this will be his new sigfig. :laugh:

CopMike, this might sound like an odd question, but did you receive this one in a retail bag like the first one or two you reviewed, or did you get it the way ZeeK got his/hers (already opened and assembled)?

CopMike, this might sound like an odd question, but did you receive this one in a retail bag like the first one or two you reviewed, or did you get it the way ZeeK got his/hers (already opened and assembled)?
Odd Q - not at all. This one was indeed opened & without bag in contrary to the others. I do have a black hair which I haven´t figured out on to which minifig it belongs :cry_sad: - might it be this one? I did check all pictures I could remember which has the Magician on them, but I didn´t see any hair. Is this what your Q is about?