Sign in to follow this  
gotoAndLego

Small leg suggestions

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I'm finishing up a LAAT/c to match my LAAT/i design and its going to be carrying an AT-TE. I've been trying to work out a leg system that will match the midi-scale size AND be able to carry a decent amount of weight, but the scale all seems off. Especially for the middle legs that angle outwards and have that hinged "ankle". I have one or two ideas but am open to suggestions.

I'm trying to avoid shoring the belly up with trans-clear bricks to carry the weight.

pictures would help

I don't have any as I'm still working on it. I'm asking suggestions or links to models people have saved that they liked. I have one version done, but the front is supported by trans bricks and the center legs are straight up and down.

Do you want sturdy solid legs or ones that can fold up???

They don't need to fold up, they can be sturdy in their final shape. They don't have to move. I'm thinking half or one third the size of 7675.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Well I made a MIDI AT-TE a while back entirely out of the pieces of 7675. I don't know if it'll be any help, but here's the link regardless.

Edited by KinGanon

Well I made a MIDI AT-TE a while back entirely out of the pieces of 7675. I don't know if it'll be any help, but here's the link regardless.

I've seen that one before. I like it but mine is shorter and smaller so those sockets would be too large.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I'm going to experiment using those click ball joints for the center leg. I just have to figure out how to reinforce and style them properly. Still don't know what I'll do for the outside legs.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I'm going to experiment using those click ball joints for the center leg. I just have to figure out how to reinforce and style them properly. Still don't know what I'll do for the outside legs.

Quick update, I've built the center legs and it seams using the click ball-joints for the angles, hip joints, and regular notched brick hinges for the ankles seems to support the weight of the walker and dropship. I overestimated the number of click ball-joints I had so I can only use one per leg. Thanks for giving that thing six legs George. :D

Edited by gotoAndLego

Did anyone else think this thread was going to be about these, when first reading the subject title?

41879.gif

:laugh:

Yeah. I was totally expecting suggestions for brick-built alternatives to that part.

Did anyone else think this thread was going to be about these, when first reading the subject title?

41879.gif

:laugh:

I did. You should probably change the title, if possible.

I did. You should probably change the title, if possible.

I can't, but maybe one of the mods can add "AT-TE" to the thread title.