Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

Prince of Persia Pirate Parts

I thought of cutting off the outer sword-holder and attaching it to the inside of my minifig's leg as a scabbard. If someone else has already posted this idea, my bad, but I've been using butchered capes as waist scabbards for a while now and it's time I used something else.

Two fold problem with that--

1. the leg pegs are bigger than the neck stud so you would have to do press down hard and hope nothing breaks or do some cutting in there and

2. the other side of the leg would need something to balance out the bulk on the sword holder in the waist area... like the "butchered cape" off the other hip to balance it out.

I used the cape and a "neck bracket" on a figure in the past much like you are thinking here...

a shot of the evil captain minifig!

tortuga1.jpg

Something like this then only using the sword holder and a cutlass instead of a pistol

I've encountered the problem with the legs being wider than the neck, but so far it's not much of an issue...sadly I have a poor selection of pieces for the other leg, and capes aren't thick enough. Usually I have part of a cape hanging from one side as a sash, and a different cape on the other side that's been cut up so that it functions as a sort of scabbard. What I want (and I know I'll never get it) is a piece that I can use to store a sword while keeping a minifig's arms at their sides. But thanks for pointing that out before i went crazy with scissors :)

All these new minifigs are very good to use as Buccanneers in the Meditteranaen Sea.

A Mediterranean Buccaneer? They prefer to be called Corsairs. I learned that lesson the hard way. Sniff, I miss my left hand.

Anyhoooo....

I've found that Dastan's pants make a very buccaneering bottom to the new Captain Brickbeard torsos. Looks like a shiny sash! Ooooo! Shiny. I actually quite like the look, even if it is sans peg leg (though you could swap out the other leg for the peg on Dastan's leg assembly).

Though I have absolutely no intention of seeing PoP, I love these sets! They are ripe for providing great set pieces and elements for those scurvy scallywags that sail to the far reaches of the world.

Great idea!

I already have one PoP set, and I don't think I'll be buying any more, though.