Sign in to follow this  
Guss

Moc Steampunk : TIMO

Hi everyone ^^

Here I am to introduce you my new moc, called "TIMO " , stands for : " The Incredible Moving Observatory" .

"This Moving steam powered observatory is the poperty of Sir Mornindam, a lonely astronome.. It's a fully self-sufficient machine designed to bring our scientist anywhere in the world to observe stars with the telescope that lies on it top, originally it wasn't really design to live on it, so Sir Mornindam added a caravan behind it, to add some comfort."

1AD0E25424E5-108.jpg

As it walks, I did some videos of it :

Walking, sorry for the quality, I only have a webcam to film. It walks way better on my carpet ( more grip^^) , but my camera's cable isn't long enough to show it.

Details.

The mechanism for it legs is based on both the Theo Jansen's Mechanism and this video :

for more pictures and stuff, goes there : Article on my website , the link to the gallery is in the article ^^

Comments and critics are welcome, thanks for watching ^^

(ps: my first post and moc for a long time^^ )

I LOVE THIS!! It is so ingenious and eye grabbing, magnificent! Excellent job mate, and definitely keep bricking!

Sweeet! It looks awesome, but I was blown away when it started walking!

Thanks everyone ^^

I'm thinking of doing a video of it walking with me helping it to pull the battery, it walk way better without the weight of the battery (or on a less slippery surface) XD

AWESOME steam punk MOC 'Guss' ! :grin:

Very cool and clever walking mechanism plus mega-detail after detail - excellent design job here !

I'm a conformist! 'Guss' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

It Walks! :oh3:

Fantastic creation! I wish I had the time/pieces/skill to make one of those!

It is masterly built, and the cockpit area is likely the best part! The little wagon in the back is not too great, but necessary for carrying the Mindstorm thing none the less.

All in all, this deserves an A+!!!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks a lot lightningtiger and Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs, it's not a Mindstorm Battery, it's a PFS battery.. well maybe they're the same, I don't know ^^

Wow, what a fantastic creation! :oh: I can't believe it actually walks!

I wouldn't want to be on it, though, it looks like a bumpy ride, and not a very fast one either. :laugh:

sorry for the late answer Sandy ^^ but thanks for your comment, and yes it doesn't look very comfortable :sick: