Sign in to follow this  
Davey

A Hobby for All Generations...

traintech1.jpg

Hey everyone! This past weekend, Stacy and I had our layout at that 2010 La Crosse Model Railroad Show. Other LEGO Train Clubs such as GMLTC and B&J Railroad were there as well. During the weekend, our local news station came and did a story on the show and interviewed me for the news. You can check out the story at the link below.

ToT-LUG on WXOW Channel 19 - "A Hobby for All Generations"

It was a lot of fun and I was excited to see our layout through the eyes of a news crew. :classic:

Enjoy!

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Cool... nice layout, too. Jealous of monorails.

I hate being called "adult fan" of LEGO, though, but that's just me.

Awesome Dave! Thanks for sharing. The layout looks fantastic, and it's neat that News 19 had interviewed you. You didn't have a model railroad as a kid though? That's too bad, but I see that you've made up for it as an adult. Excellent! :thumbup:

That was real cool, Davey. You gave some good soundbites! I actually work as a tv news reporter and I would love to cover a LEGO event one day. :thumbup:

Thanks all! The show was really fun and it's a great one for us to do each year. It's only about 30 minutes from where we live, so it makes life easy that way. We're also noticing that the model railroaders are really starting to accept us. They loved the Emerald Night and my Olton Hall 5972 (aka Hogwarts Express). They were really impressed to see how far LEGO (and more specifically LEGO Trains) has come.

Awesome Dave! Thanks for sharing. The layout looks fantastic, and it's neat that News 19 had interviewed you. You didn't have a model railroad as a kid though? That's too bad, but I see that you've made up for it as an adult. Excellent! :thumbup:

Nope...no model railroad as a kid. I had the #7720 Diesel Train Set from LEGO and that was it until I started buying 9V stuff in about 2004.

That was real cool, Davey. You gave some good soundbites! I actually work as a tv news reporter and I would love to cover a LEGO event one day. :thumbup:

Thanks. I was hoping I didn't sound like too big a dork. I just get so giddy when I talk about LEGO. Hopefully that comes through as me being passionate about my hobby. :tongue:

Oh look!

bloggedct.png

Nice show! :thumbup:

Aww...thanks Shadows!!! I appreciate the mention. Now I guess I could actually go an contribute a post to the blog. :tongue:

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Finally got around to viewing the video. You did well in promoting the hobby! :sweet:

You acted like you are on tv every week. :laugh:

I really liked the shots of your layout, even if it was only ''a small fraction'' of your 400.000 piece collection.

It's great to see the Lego trains next to the traditional train models as well, it means we are taking over. :devil:

Thanks for sharing!

Great stuff Dave :thumbup:! I guess it´s grown a bit since last year at BW! I so looking forward to see it in june and hang with the two of you :wub:!