On a scale of 1-5  

121 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Great review, I've been staring at this eye candy in the RA since you started it. I just love that dual katana holder, and that new? hairpiece.

Wow, minifigs are really awesome. Nice review, i'm deffo getting this set :thumbup:

Very cool set and thanks for the review!! Even if the movie tanks, I think the sets will do well. Ostriches!!!!

Thanks for the thorough review Ricey :thumbup: I can't wait to get my mitts on this great looking set, lots of tiles, interesting parts and awesome figures.

Cheers

ISC.

I will defenaitly buy this set, only for the very cool and usefull parts which are in it. For the rest I really don't care about Prince of Persia.

Finally, i am gonna gthese sets if they ever comes in my country, there are lots and lots of good pieces and many good torsos etc etc. i can only say at *Jaw drops to the floor*

I LOVE IT :wub:

Captain Becker :pirate:

Edited by Captain Becker

I congratulate you on doing the first review of a LEGO PoP set, Ricecracker! I was waiting for you to post this in the public forums before commenting, but I couldn't resist reading it before it appeared here. :grin:

I wasn't very fond about this set (the ostriches seemed to be the only interesting part), but reading your review made me put it on my buy list! Some stunning back prints on the minifigs, and fronts look even better! The gate opening mechanism is a neat little feature, and there's a plethora of tan and other rarer colors in the brown family! :wub:

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks 'ricecracker' for a COOL review of a COOL set..........dam I really going to be broke this year now. :wink:

Ostriches - so nice !!!!! :grin:

Excellent minifigs too and fantastic operating starting gates - what a great play set for kids !

10/10 for sure - Lego haven't missed the mark here they have scored a bullseye ! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Nice review Riceracker! Voted outstanding.

I really think you covered all I wanted to see in this set, and all sides of it.

Thanks alot!

The set looks decent, and I'm guessing it will be around $30-$40 Australian dollars. That's probably reasonable, though.

That katana is quite a amazing. It is great that Lego release a new part specifically for the Prince, instead of just making him hold his swords the whole time. Plus, it will be great to use with lots of other figures.

Love it! I'm so glad that they're bringing us Near Eastern themed models and mini-figures.

Obviously you delete the other one...:wink:

He has to keep his image. :tongue:

Great review Ricecracker, this is definitely on my want list. Love the ostriches.

Yummy! :wub: I'll snap up at least two of these!

Great review. Although the figures rock, I think it could have done with two spectators or something of that sort as well.

Now I can finally build the JD in the EB banner using those muscles! :tongue:

Goodness, what an amazing little set! I love Prince of Persia! :wub:

This is really neat, thanks for doing this review Ricecracker. So many interesting new parts to look at. I'm really happy with how the ostriches look, by the sounds of it they are pretty nice despite a slightly malleable head (it's the same plastic as the Kit Fisto head and ones like that, yes?). I'm really excited about these new 2x2 jumper plates, lots of possibility there, and the new whip piece is probably a bit more useful than the old one really. That new colour is interesting, I can't say I'm sold on it yet, I guess I'll have to get hold of it first before I pass any judgments.

The new minifigs look fantastic, continuing that trend of printing both sides, some lovely new prints and headgear there. But I am most excited about this double katana holder, that looks wicked and I can't wait to get one! It's probably one of my favourite parts of the set, and as I obviously haven't been paying enough attention, I hadn't heard of it before this review, so that came as a very pleasant surprise.

Overall the set looks good, a definite buy for me. Good job Ricecracker on a splendid and informative review. :sweet:

Nice review, I can't wait to get this set, looks like the Ostriches aren't made in China, yay.

I was just looking at the Wikipedia article for the movie and realized that Alfred Molina plays Sheik Amar...

This means that he has 3 minifigs based on his character in different movies...isn't that a record or something?

-Doc Ock in Spiderman

-Satipo in Indy

-And now Sheik Amar in PoP...

Just thought this was interesting... Thanks for the review! I will probably buy this one as soon as I see it!

-darthperson

Good review. Very easy to read and follow.

This is a nice set. Can't wait for it to appear on the shelves in NZ.

Thanks for the review!

This certainly is a great set. :wub: Tons of new parts, and the set itself is actually pretty nice! While I don't care for the PoP theme, all of the set pictures I've seen have been stellar, and are backed up by your review. :thumbup:

Thanks for the fantastic review Ricecracker, this is a set I'll definitely be buying. Love the ostrich designs too. The figs in particular are great, they'll definitely be going towards Ra's Al Ghul's army for me! The katana holder is brilliant too, there are so many useful elements for Batman in this set!

And of course parts and colour wise this is great too, I especially love the dark tan 2x2 tile piece with single stud, much love and usefulness for that. And that new colour is might spiffy too!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for the review! I definitely want this set...love the dual katana holder and ostriches!

Edited by gunm

Really nice review. I absolutly love the Prince of Persia game series and I am really excited about these sets. I plan to get multiples of them. I wasn't going to get so many of the ostrich race until I read your review. Now I think that I will get at least two and maby up to ten. I am also really happy about the new hair piece for Daston. I couldn't stand the old female hair piece they used on the prototypes. Great set and great review. Thanks :sweet:

There seems to be a lot of Lego fans who travel and get lucky running into Lego sets that aren't released in most of the world lol. I don't know what it is but I noticed that when a set review comes out on a set that has limited availability, a AFOL finds it while traveling lol. I wish I could do that. Do Lego fans plan their trips around a Lego store or is it a bit of a coincidence? And there is a Lego store in an airport? :pir-sweet:

Great review. Excellent pictures too. I think I"m starting to recognize peoples reviews by their photography style :grin:

I haven't seen the movie. I actually thought it was cartoons until I saw the box here. I'll definitely be getting this set. My niece will love the ostrages and I'll like the minifigs. I still haven't got any Indiana Jones sets that had the Turban. I want one of those minifigs.

Edited by Grimmy

This looks like a pretty neat little set. The minifigs looks great! Heaps of new parts which would be great for mocing and amazing ostriches! :wub: I just hope its not overpriced cause I want this set now! Thanks for the review :sweet:

O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G! :thumbup: I think I am going to buy all of these PoP sets! :wub: Those ostriches look superb! :wub: The only thing wrong is the price - It should have been $15.00. :sceptic: Overall, this set is a MUST BUY for me! :classic: Prince of Persia seems to be a successful theme! :wink: Thanks for the review Rice! :)

Edited by Jar Jar