Sign in to follow this  
pedro

DTAP

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hey,

Here's my entry for the MOCathlon 2010 '100 Piece Challenge', the Double Trooper Aerial Platform or DTAP.

Developed by the C.I.S. forces in response to the Republic's superior air power, the Double Trooper Aerial Platform is the larger cousin to the single trooper STAP, boasting more firepower, slightly heavier armour and due to having both pilot and gunner, better targetting. Two large rotating turbines give it the extra thrust necessary to give it a similar level of maneouvreability as it's smaller cousin.

The DTAP is adept at hunting ground or air targets, hunting infantry with it's twin blaster cannons or elimintaing heavier targets with its turret mounted ion cannon. Powerful searchlights make the DTAP an optimal choice for night surface raids.

dtap-01.jpg

dtap-02.jpg

The DTAP has a powerful searchlight for hunting foes at night-time.

dtap-03.jpg

dtap-04.jpg

dtap-05.jpg

Powerful turbines keep the DTAP aloft and stable.

dtap-06.jpg

The turret is variable configuration so can be rearmed as suite the mission. It's not uncommon for Commander Battle Droids to take the turret position so as to accompany an assault force into the battle zone.

dtap-07.jpg

Once of my first trips into creating my own Star Wars vehicle, I had to shave off a few details to meet the category criteria but it hasn't really suffered too much for it I reckon. I'll probably add the other bits back on and make might make a varition or two of the turret.

Thanks for looking, feel free to leave C&C!

i don't often comment on other peoples mocs but this is excellent fits right in to the star wars universe! :thumbup:

This looks great, although I despise the LEGO droids, the ship is cool. At first I thought the back end pivoted, but I see the gun just rotates, which makes more sense. I like th e darker blue and the dual front engines, it reminds me of that new hovertank thing that Barriss comes in.

Great job, it'd make a great vehicle for a battle back.

Awesome MOC and great entry :wub:

And very nice quality pictures.

I like the gunemplacement very much, it's very detailed. But even without the gunemplacement this would still be a original starwarsuniverse vehicle. We only have to wait untill it appears in The Clone Wars series. :wink:

Good luck in the contest!

Absolutley great, and as already mentioned, it would make a great battlepack.

EXCELLENT MOC 'pedro' - best part - the rear gunnery - multi-firing position - COOL :grin:

True this would make for a great set on it's own ! :wink:

Nicely detailed right down to the foot rests for the rear gunner.

Great design and build 'pedro'.........I'm a conformist! ......ROGER, ROGER ! :vader:

The Separatists could really have had use for this ship :grin:

The MOC it self is very well built for only using 100 pieces.

The story is very good and gives a strong belief in what could have been made up by the guys working for Lucas.

Crispy clear pictures is always very nice to see. You often forget to compliment on the guys that put great effort in this.

Good work pedro!!

I agree, this is awesome. I don't like droids and I'd buy this if it came in a battle pack.

What a great little ship! The engine design looks really nice and the gunner up the top is a great addition. The famous dark blue works it magic again in this MOC as well. Its one of my favourite lego colours

I agree with the above, this is a fantastic design: it looks totally authentic. I like the construction technique for the base of the rear turret - genius! Great pictures, too. :thumbup:

This MOC looks like it came right out of the PT movies. Excellent job, pedro.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it came out as a set. Then again, I love the Clone Wars era ships to begin with.

Great design and build, I absolutely love it. It looks like it could have come straight from a Clone Wars episode and the design is as good as any official set.

I guess I might try to build this myself, or something similar at least.

Very nice. I like the simple controls for the rear gunner. :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. :sweet:

Originally this started off as a kind-of heavy STAP for a MagnaGuard and only had the front section. After I added the tail it started to become what it is now. It's funny how much a creation can change when you're just building with no real plan!

Neat little model. :thumbup: It looks a lot like a whale- was this intended, or purely coincidence from the loose building plan?

Neat little model. :thumbup: It looks a lot like a whale- was this intended, or purely coincidence from the loose building plan?

Hmmm, yeah! Like some kind of air whale! Definately not intended, I'd kind of based the front on the STAP though much larger. I hadn't noticed the whale resemblance 'til you mentioned it. It's one of those happy accidents I guess! :laugh:

Thanks for the feedback. :wink: