1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

I present to you the very short review of the Chrome Storm trooper polybag promo from Toys R Us.

BASIC INFORMATION:

Set Name: Storm trooper (Toys R Us polybag promo)

Set Number: Item# 4591726 (alternate# 2853590

Number of Pieces: 5

Minifigs: 1

Price: Free with a SW LEGO purchase of $11.99 or in some stores $2.99

Theme: Star Wars

Year Released: 2010

RESOURCES:

3966515209_20775f26c6_t.jpg

3966535017_39b869c30d_o.jpg (high res pics removed due to flickr's new 1,000 image limit, BC 2020)

THE REVIEW:

Bag Front:

4443901512_bea18cab87_o.jpg

This is going to be one easy build, he comes completely assembled, and notice no official set number.

Bag Back:

4443129825_c1b80a2d4a_o.jpg

It's a choking hazard trust me, I translated all 30+ languages. (not really, but that's kind of overkill)

Minifig Front:

4443901616_a8c21db447_o.jpg

He's a Storm trooper and he's chrome. Awesome! The grill for his mouth is actually very detailed but hard to photograph.

Minifig Left:

4443901650_8f641c637b_o.jpg

It may be hard to see but there are grey spots and blue markings just like a regular storm trooper, notice the unchromed part?

Minifig Back:

4443901686_b2e4e4665c_o.jpg

Pretty well detailed I must say. Again the printing is the same as a standard storm trooper.

Minifig Right:

4443129945_e6da25f9d7_o.jpg

More unchromed plastic, it's obvious how his arms were positioned during the chroming process.

Taken Apart:

4443901760_2bb341db2a_o.jpg

Legs work back wards since he came assembled. Tada, the leg prongs are chromed as well, not too shabby.

Legs 1:

4443130011_a9e6d76a8b_o.jpg

Here I show the unchromed part of the legs when you bend the legs.

Legs 2:

4443901846_50a9e8703b_o.jpg

This is the legs bent back the opposite way. We all know he was standing at attention when chromed.

Arms Back:

4443130089_f2514a7fe2_o.jpg

As seen above his arms were placed back wards during chroming and now you can see the part that did not make the chrome cut.

Is it better than the magnet fig?

4443901992_827bc25a13_o.jpg

Most of us probably made a point to get a magnet since it was an easy way to get a chrome storm trooper, if we only knew what was coming.

Comparison 1:

4443902020_5978a38f71_o.jpg

The legs got the same treatment on both figs. This is good news.

Comparison 2:

4443130283_25264243d6_o.jpg

Again the exact same spots are missing chrome. Besides these similarities, I actually think they are the same fig. The printing on the back of the polybag fig (smaller gun) is a little more accurate, but not by much.

Totals:

Design: 10/10 It's a chrome storm trooper, what else could be done.

Parts:10/10 You may not get much, but most of us didn't pay for it either.

Build: 10/10 This was really easy to build

Minifigs: 10/10 Come on, of course this is a ten, he's chrome and a storm trooper, case closed.

Playability: 10/10 Good old LEGO works with all LEGO, plus he's chrome.

Price: 10/10 FREE!!!!, or $2.99 which is a steal compared to the $9.99 magnet.

Total: 60/60 A perfect score. OK, Honestly these ratings can't really be applied here because it's not a set, but for the price or lack there of, I love this fig. I did get more than one but I'm not going to reveal how many because I love this fig, and unfortunately I did not get as many as I'd like so I won't be selling any. Even though they have already tripled in price on bricklink.

Mmmmmm, shiny shiny! These have yet to hit the UK, but my magnet - interestingly - has one leg that is chromed on the inside and one that isn't.

Great mini-review, Big Cam! :thumbup: Is that your reflection in the Stormie's helmet? :wink:

Thanks 'Big Cam' for a detailed review of this very COOL minifig - Man wouldn't mind have a few of these in my collection (including one to be MISB - ch-ching $$$ :grin: ).

It looks well chromed of course no chrome where the parts with move like head and legs, the coating would wear off big time !

I'm a conformist! everyone and may the force be with you ! :yoda:

Even though they have already tripled in price on bricklink.

Holy cats, they started at "free" but now they're three times that already?!? :cry_happy:

:wink:

I've picked up a couple of these myself. I'd like to get a couple more, but money is so horribly tight for me (as usual) that I may not be able to, even getting battlepacks. We'll see, though.

That said, while this is quite nifty if somewhat pointless, what I really want is a chrome gold Threepio. That's a fig that really ought to be in a regular set; alas, since TLG offered it as a special limited-edition thing, it's probably considered "off limits" for incorporation into a regular set, and the 10,000 copies really aren't enough for everyone who'd like one, surely.

I never did manage to get one (that I know of - it's possible I have one somewhere in one of the few unopened sets I have from the promo period, but I know my odds aren't good), and there's just no way I can justify paying the kinds of prices they're going for on eBay. :cry_sad:

Great review!

To solve the chroming problem, they could've just chromed the arms and legs before assembling the fig :sceptic:

I want this fig! :sing:

Edited by prateek

Mine stands as a statue with a stormtrooper review under the scruntinizing watch of Palpatine. I wish the Toys r Us's in the Rhode Island area hadn't sold out so quickly (By the 14th, they were all gone :( ).

Im real glad I bought one from Ebay quick cause i reckon these will go really quickly just like they did from toys r us. Great review! I mustve been really hard to photograph this beauty but you did a really good job.

One quibble though, in your totals you give it 0/10 for minifigs but I presume its meant to be 10. :classic:

I got a question should I leave it in the bag or open it up? I am thinking just leave it in the bag. :sceptic:

And it is better than the magnet set or just the same? That part was not too clear. :wacko:

Thanks for a lovely Review Big Cam! :thumbup:

He is one lovely Stormie! :cry_happy::wub: So Shiny!

I personally can't see any difference between both of them, they both look Great!

Thanks for the review!

CommanderFox

Mmmmmm, shiny shiny! These have yet to hit the UK, but my magnet - interestingly - has one leg that is chromed on the inside and one that isn't.

Great mini-review, Big Cam! :thumbup: Is that your reflection in the Stormie's helmet? :wink:

It sure is. I took about 30 pictures total and used 13 I think. If I was to far to one direction the whole fig would look black, it got a little annoying, but I'm happy with the ones I ended up with.

I got a question should I leave it in the bag or open it up? I am thinking just leave it in the bag. :sceptic:

And it is better than the magnet set or just the same? That part was not too clear. :wacko:

It was more of a rhitorical question. I believe that these are the exact same fig's. I have 3 more magnet figs and a few more polybag figs but I don't want to open anymore. The helmet on my magnet fig is a little loose but I've heard of that happening randomly in battle packs too, so I'm not holding that against the magnet fig. Otherwise they really look and feel identical.

The helmet on my magnet fig is a little loose but I've heard of that happening randomly in battle packs too, so I'm not holding that against the magnet fig. Otherwise they really look and feel identical.

My magnet Chrome Trooper's helmet isn't loose.

These look amazing. Much better than I had thought. I went to TRU tonight but sadly they had run out. I'll try again at my other local stores. Instead, the cashier offered me a red wizard lego keychain - no thanks. I'm not paying your marked up price (of $2 on a battle pack) for a keychain. Needless to say I came home empty handed.

I went to my Toys R' Us on Monday 3/15 and they were already out of these. The employee I talked to said that they only got about 60 and it is quite a busy store. I had a friend look for me on Tuesday at a store in a different city and they were also already out. TRU didn't get many of these, so if you got one or several, you were pretty lucky.

samuraiturtle, you should definitely leave it in the polybag as it is an exclusive collector's minifig. That is what I would do. With any play, the chrome will most likely chip off. The TRU minifig is a lot more rare than the magnet and the polybag is part of that rarity.

Holy cats, they started at "free" but now they're three times that already?!? :cry_happy:

:wink:

I've picked up a couple of these myself. I'd like to get a couple more, but money is so horribly tight for me (as usual) that I may not be able to, even getting battlepacks. We'll see, though.

That said, while this is quite nifty if somewhat pointless, what I really want is a chrome gold Threepio. That's a fig that really ought to be in a regular set; alas, since TLG offered it as a special limited-edition thing, it's probably considered "off limits" for incorporation into a regular set, and the 10,000 copies really aren't enough for everyone who'd like one, surely.

I never did manage to get one (that I know of - it's possible I have one somewhere in one of the few unopened sets I have from the promo period, but I know my odds aren't good), and there's just no way I can justify paying the kinds of prices they're going for on eBay. :cry_sad:

It turned out I had a little more money than I thought, so I went back to get at least one more, since I do want multiples of the battlepacks anyway. Since I thought these might be good trading fodder, though, I really wanted a whole bunch, and of course I can always get the battlepacks slightly cheaper other places... so I decided to just buy some. As the promotion lets one get a free one for every LEGO Star Wars purchase of $12 or so ($11.99, to be precise) or more, and these themselves are LEGO Star Wars items that could also be purchased outright for $2.99 each, I asked if I could simply buy a few and get one more free, and indeed I could! I initially thought I might have to buy five, since that would put the purchase over $11.99, but they let me buy just four to get a freebie (either they didn't care about the three cents between $11.96 and $11.99, or they include the added sales tax as part of the purchase amount), so I paid for four more and got a fifth free, bringing my total up to seven. Huzzah! :cry_happy: Hopefully they'll help me acquire one or two of the other sets and such that I've missed over the years. :cry_sad:

I was a little surprised my TRU even still had them as late as yesterday; perhaps LEGO Star Wars just isn't as hot in my area as in others.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Im real glad I bought one from Ebay quick cause i reckon these will go really quickly just like they did from toys r us. Great review! I mustve been really hard to photograph this beauty but you did a really good job.

One quibble though, in your totals you give it 0/10 for minifigs but I presume its meant to be 10. :classic:

Whoops, thanks for catching that.

Review updated.

Great review BigCam.

I wish they'd made this available here in Denmark...

Though I did purchase more than one of the magnets when they were available. :grin:

A shame that this one is actually as pricey as the magnet on BL, when it's been sold so much cheaper.

If anyone got a hold of a lot of these and would like to sell them for future contests here on EB, then shoot me a pm and we'll work something out.

I bought 2 of these on amazon for 30 dollars! They are so cool!

BTW nice review! :thumbup:

Welcome to Eurobricks. In the future, please don't post in a six-year-old topic just to say that you bought something. Thanks!