mrblue

MOD: Train Shed PAB version

traintech1.jpg

Following my PAB addiction of these days, and after reading a topic about the original one, I propose you a "Pick a Brick" replica of the set 10027 Train engine Shed (LDD file available on request).

The doors are brick made, so it can be possible to make them larger to allow 7 and 8 wide trains to get inside.

trainshed.jpg

thank you for watching

mrBlue

Wow!

Mrblue strikes again. Wonderful work. :wub:

I would like to see more pictures of your excellent replica!

Two questions:

- The big slope bricks 2x2x3 aren't available in dark bley?

- how much would that MOC be? Do I want to know? (the original one sells for around 130€ right know on ebay.de :hmpf:, at BL the cheapest one is at 170$ :sick: )

Excellent 'mrblue' - excellent LDD recreation of the only real cool Worl City set - the train shed of which I own one ! :grin:

You appear to have every structure detail covered - oh yeah also drill press and heavy lathe - it's a very nice ! :grin:

Makes me wont to do some decade on MOD's to mine !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

As one of the first large sets I bought after my dark ages (years before I had any trains), this set has a special place in my heart. It's also one of the most "realistic" Town/City Series buildings outside the CC series.

I had no idea that the LDD palete had enough pieces to make such a close version of the Train Shedd. In fact, the brick built doors on your MOC are quite an improvement, as the originals didn't go all the way down to the tracks. Nicely done!

One more nice thing about this set is that it doesn't use too many unusual pieces and the directions are available for download on LEGO.com, so that an AFOL with a good sized collection could build this with likely only a few parts needing to be Bricklink'ed or PAB'ed.

TGBG,

You might be one of the few who like's the majority of World City. There were a few jems (like this set), but by-and-large, I found the quasi-futuristic curved design of most World City sets to be quite unremarkable.

unfortunately those slopes are not available in dark color, and also the windows and the door are not available in the same color :( this is a big issue in pab. also the half arch which is in red color in the real set, is available only in dark brown, and guess what? there are almost no other bricks available in that color... this is weird.

anyway regarding the price, I still have to check exactly for this one.

it counts about 800 pieces and it should be in the range of 100/110.00 € buying at lego shop@home pick a brick. I can easy guess that through bricklink is going to be MUCH cheaper.

the LDD file is available here: train shed

my other LDD files HERE

thank you

mrBlue

Edited by mrblue

very nice mrblue, I bought 4 of them when they were available from LEGO.

Just one bit of advice for those looking to buy though LDD. LDD now adds a $10.00 USD charge off the bat for orders (youll notice it if you check price of just one part). and prices for pieces are GENERALY higher that thgough PAB (I raised this issue back when they updated LDD last April ish). I have been compiling a list of parts and prices for said parts though LDD and PAB I only have parts that I have recently been ordering to build some locos and cars if anyone is interested I can post the MS Excel file. Anyway just a little FYI for you all.

Sal

WFB, WI

you are a lucky one! not only one, but even 4!

during that time I was in my dark ages. I checked on bricklink and ebay, but prices are too high in my opinion (even if it's a set that deserve all the money you may spend).

The "cheapest" I could buy are in Hong Kong and Macau, but in Italy, custom would charge me about 30,00€ for import tax (not including the fact that the package would stay in the customs for some weeks! The other options are from Germany and USA and both would be in the range of 200,00+€ with shipment and or import tax... far too much for 650something pieces!

That's why I planned a "pick a brick" one.

have a nice lego day