Sign in to follow this  
Grimmy

Community Build: House #30

Lego_Pirates_Stash-House_01_DoorGet.jpg

^Pirate Ship Door Getaway! A door had to be stolen from the Imperial Flagship... You'll also notice that an included play feature on the house is it's flip-top lid!

Lego_Pirates_Stash-House_Outside.jpg

^Front Outside View We have 3 men. A guard, a captain, and a lookout. We also have 2 animals. A horse for transporting treasure, a parrot to lookout assist, and a mouse as a simple house pet. He is not vermin! :grin:

Note the door handle is a skeleton arm. Heehee!

Lego_Pirates_Stash-House_Inside.jpg

^Inside View Wood floors (I didn't have much for plates except a bunch of these 1x4 ones from pick-a-bricks that me and my 6 year old niece got. I had to be creative about the floor and hide some areas since I had no 1x2 tile plates. I only had about 3 brown 1x1 tile plates.)

There is a ladder leading up to a shelf that holds more treasure. But it's sometimes used as a bed when empty. Behind the ladder is a chest of drawers. First time I ever made one and I learned how to make it from seeing peoples mocs on Eurobricks :)

Also note: The guard and the mouse are both taking a lunch break. He likes to share his cheese with the mouse. Awww :pir-blush:

Lego_Pirates_Stash-House_FireCloseU.jpg

^Grilling fish for lunch One of the boys played a prank on the captain and put some sort of flame accelerant in a the fire. As you can see it's just gone off. :pir-tongue:

Lego_Pirates_Stash-House_01_Back.jpg

^Back Side / Mountain wall side If you notice the ladder area is made so that when the roof lid is flipped open, the ladder folds up on it's own. Nothing is damaged upon flippage :grin:

Also note: the Black Flag. In modern times to us punk rockers it meant Anarchy! In the Pirate Days of long ago I believe it was the flag on a pirate ship and if you could see it, you were in big trouble! But if I'm wrong, one of the captains on the forum will correct me. :)

Lego_Pirates_Stash-House_FlipTopLid.jpg

^Lookout Area Shotgun at the ready! Gold tooth in the mouth!

Lego_Pirates_Stash-House_RoofTop-Is.jpg

^Roof Top Isometric View Picture for the map.

I hope you all enjoyed my first ever MOC post on the internet! Believe it or not I spent about 8 hours total working on this thing lol. Half the time was spent trying to think of ways to cover the roof and floors with 2x4 tile plates (and 5 1x6s.) I really need to make a brick link order for tiles/plates of 1x2s. The roof was going to be black slopes from our pick-a-brick adventures in the Lego store, but I only had 4 stud lenth ones. No 2 stud lengths. So it wouldn't work right.

Hope you like it! One more thanks to Mister Ratshot for giving me the confidence to enter. I wanted to join this event but I thought I stunk too bad and thought maybe there would be an event where I can have someone else build on that program and I order the parts and build it. But Mister Ratshot assured me I was welcome to join this event! I'm glad I did because I finally got to build a real full MOC! A house of my own with an actual roof!

Edited by Erdbeereis

Great work there Grimmy, certainly in my top 3 favourite entries so far! The roof playability is tops, and the detail is really nice. I particuarly like the texture in the roof. You did very well, and you deserver a gold star...well, at least a frontpage. :pir-wink:blogged.png

Very nice house, Grimmy. :thumbup:

I really like your roof design, and a nice interior.

the Inventor

Awesome! The flipping roof is great (just as the design) and there is a lot of nice stuff in the house.

And I also like the crow's nest on the roof a lot.

Good job :thumbup:

This is Amazing work!!! Great details and playability! I really like the pirate feeding his pet rat, which could also double as food if times get rough! Mmmm, I'll take mine extra crispy.

:jollyroger:

Edited by Capt. Stabbin

Thank all for the replies. I really appreciate the comments. Thanks Captain Zuloo for the feature! I think I'm gonna print that page out for my resume when I apply for the job at the Lego store :grin:

lol The mouse is being fattened up with lots of cheese :pir-tongue:

A black flag is waved by the starter to signal a driver that he or she must immediately report to the pits for consultation related to a dangerous mechanical condition or a driving infraction. Failure to heed the flag can result in exclusion from the final results of the event.

Does that answer your question?

LOL, I'm joking

Great MOC! I really like the flippy top. You could just flip that back and forth and never get bored :pir-tongue:

:pir_yoda:

We also have 2 animals. A horse for transporting treasure, a parrot to lookout assist, and a mouse as a simple house pet. He is not vermin! :grin:

Wouldn't that be 3? I mean, you said the mouse isn't vermin...

--Brickoholic

Edited by Brickoholic

This is a great "virgin" MOC Grimmy, I wish you the best of luck :pir-classic:

Cute MOC Grimmy, I liked that roof desing and that mouse eating cheese :pir-tongue: fun idea man, i wish you best of luck. keep it up mate

Captain Becker

Fantastic 'Grimmy'......GREAT little 16x16 house with pirate booty up stairs ! :pir-laugh:

Really like that tilt roof idea, oh the fire place on overdrive ! :pir-laugh:

It's a bit suss with a lookout on top of the roof, no there are no pirates here is there ! :pir-laugh:

Excellent design job done here 'Grimmy' and I'm a conformist! ! :pir-sweet:

This is a very good entry and a cool presentation.

I especially like the pic where the pirates steal the door from the ship. That's hilarious. Your captain was my first post-darkage minifig and I like him a lot. And the scary look you gave him fits perfectly. Also in the grilling-a-fish-pic.

Keep the black flag raised (I mean, keep playing Lego)! :pir-devil:

Another really nice build, great little interior and i like the idea that the roof can be lifted up. Very nice :pir-classic:

@the_green_avenger lol So that's why there was race car tracks in the dirt by the house! :pir_laugh2:

@Brickoholic OOops, I meant 3 lol nice catch there. Yes the mouse is definitely a pet too...though some of the roommates don't always agree... :pir-tongue:

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad people likes it. :grin: Christoff, Me and my niece got that set mostly because of the minifig. He's one of my favs too!

lol The Imperials still haven't gotten their door back yet. I hope that wasn't the door to the poop deck or it's going to be windy in there when they are doing number 2 :pir_laugh2:

(A poop deck isn't a bathroom is it? Ah well I still think it's funny. It sounds like a bathroom name)