???theriddler???

Batman Films Discussion

For those wanting to avoid spoilers, avoid the David Letterman show. There is a bit of an uproar over his interview with Anne Hathaway

Yeah I saw the interview before your comment here. The only thing I can say: my predictions were right.

I also listened to the soundtrack. Very Arkham City-like I must say.

Edited by Cammo

Yeah I saw the interview before your comment here. The only thing I can say: my predictions were right.

I also listened to the soundtrack. Very Arkham City-like I must say.

I heard of this "spoiler", I don't think it's true, from what I've seen and heard. It also contradicts the themes of the film.

Fair warning: some people managed to get their hands on a working copy (or so they say) of TDKR, and have been spreading the spoilers around. Even though they haven't been confirmed to be real, it's better to stay safe to get the whole experience and not be disappointed (Like me :cry_sad: ).

Went to the midnight showing today and loved it. I won't give anything away, but it was full of plot twists that were amazing. A really fun movie to watch. :thumbup:

Well it seems TDKR sets may come out closer to the movie than before. Overnight at a midnight screening of the movie in Colorado, USA a man comitted a mass shooting. Apparently WB is thinking of canceling ALL screenings and pushing it back a couple months. Here are links for full deatails...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MovieManiac/news/?a=64188

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=64212

Well it seems TDKR sets may come out closer to the movie than before. Overnight at a midnight screening of the movie in Colorado, USA a man comitted a mass shooting. Apparently WB is thinking of canceling ALL screenings and pushing it back a couple months. Here are links for full deatails...

While tragic, this does not belong in the Lego discussion thread. I've moved it to Movie discussion thread.

This tragedy is definitely a horrific event. I was so excited to go see this tonight with my family, but now we are all deeply saddened after hearing about this all over the news. My hopes goes out to all the families that have victims or family members still recovering. :sadnew:

Sick. It is just so wrong that things like this happen in the world. I have decided not to go tonight out of respect but i am not sure if showings have been cancelled over here in the UK. Does anyone know if they have?

Edited by The Joker1

How about Canada? :sceptic:

Warner Bros have stated they will not be canceling any of the showings, except for a premier which I believe is in Paris.

It's awful what happened, my thoughts and prayers go out to the victim's families and friends. I've been following the news on this all day, and WB pulled the plug on a trailer for "Gangster Squad" (which shows before TDKR), because it included a scene where the mob shoots people in a movie theater. I know it's only been cancelled in Paris so far, but no where else, but security has been stepped up in NYC and Washington DC, and AMC theaters banned "face-covering masks, fake weapons, and costumes that may make people uncomfortable."

Meanwhile, I really want the new TDKR set.

James Holmes deserves to be executed for this, there were little kids in that crowd he shot and injured if not killed.

James Holmes deserves to be executed for this, there were little kids in that crowd he shot and injured if not killed.

More like strung up and pelted with rocks, then slowly tortured until death.

The guy called himself the Joker even, he is beyond deranged. And the sad thing is that this, like Columbine, will be remembered for a very long time. People will think of Dark Knight Rises and how it's premiere was truly a dark, dark night for those 59 wounded, 12 dead, and their families... :sad:

Truly awful, found out about this when I got home from work today and my heart skipped a few beats. I say repeal the eighth amendment for this special occasion to give this guy what he deserves.

Truly horrific events. I just feel such sadness and confusion regarding this. My heart goes out to each and every one of those killed or injured and their families and friends.

Regarding TDKR, I have been excited for this movie for a very, very long time. However, I've decided I'll put it off for a week or so. I don't think there'll be any copycat violence, especially in the UK where I live, but it'd just feel kind of wrong and unsettling to go and see this movie while it's still so fresh in my mind. I want to be able to enjoy this film, but I will remember, too.

I dunno if they can do it with all the releases coming out, but Warner Bros. should put a message before the film starts in remembrance of the Aurora victims.

It is such a shame we won't see another Nolan made Batman film. TDKR went for a little too long, but by the conclusion I wanted to see how it ended so badly yet didn't want it to stop.

This film was amazing and left me at the end wanting more and more and more. I feel sorry for whoever has to reboot Batman in a few years.

This film was amazing and left me at the end wanting more and more and more. I feel sorry for whoever has to reboot Batman in a few years.

I agree.you can't make a better Batman movie(It was so AMAZING!).I think that the next series will be alot less dark and more toyetic,but wth the Batman franchise that is never good...Even if it is pretty good you just can't compre to this film!!!

All in all, I think it was an amazing movie and conclusion; probably my favourite of the series. There were a few things though:

1. Bane's voice. Really hard to understand at times, so I probably missed some key stuff.

2. Batman's identity was kept secret; I think it would made a bigger emotional impact if everybody knew what Bruce Wayne had given for them.

The Dark Knight trilogy is definitely my favourite Batman series; it'd be interesting to see whether they make a new one, though it'll be hard to top Nolan's work.

2. Batman's identity was kept secret; I think it would made a bigger emotional impact if everybody knew what Bruce Wayne had given for them.

The Dark Knight trilogy is definitely my favourite Batman series; it'd be interesting to see whether they make a new one, though it'll be hard to top Nolan's work.

In response to your second spoilered point:

It's the whole point of this Bruce Wayne and the film that Batman is a symbol for the people of Gotham, not a person. Letting people know that Bruce Wayne was Batman would've ruined his whole idea of Batman not being a person, and made it nearly impossible for him to pass on the torch to Blake in the end.

There is a Batman reboot rumored for 2015-ish, but that might now be Batman in a Justice League movie. I'm sure it won't be too long until another Batman movie.

Indeed, a very good movie, and a deserving, epic conclusion to the trilogy, with the possibility of a spin-off left open. Anne Hathaway did a better job as Catwoman than I expected, and Bane was thankfully more understandable than in the sneak peek from December, although it was still difficult at times, and his voice sounded unnaturally amplified throughout the whole movie. And while I'm still not a big fan of Bale as Batman (I still hate his Batman voice), even he did a good job. Overall it was really enjoyable though, and I nearly cried when Alfred did! :cry_sad: While I wouldn't call these the perfect Batman movies, I agree that it will be nearly impossible to make a better one than these last two, but I'd love to be proven wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

Avengers is still the best movie of the year though. :tongue: