Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

Imperial Soldier's Mafia: Day 4

All I did was raise the possibility that he's paranoid - he found 2 deserters on the first 2 nights after all. However, from private conversations and the additional information Pvt. Yellman has offered, I do believe him to be sane. I wasn't able to vote last night because I was on latrine duty for the whole of the evening (Our street's internet went off for half a day because of some construction down the road).

Guess I wait and see what Pvt. Yellman has to say then, since he has 'private' knowledge. I know I went with the bandwagon yesterday but since then other odd little bits of information have popped up to confuse issues and I'm not sure where to go.

And if Pvt. Reutal isn't the killer, where do you suppose he got a bloodied knife from? We haven't been in a battle for quite some time, so he couldn't have got it from there.

That's just the problem, I don't know that he has one. If I did, it would be a lot easier to vote again.

Well, Michel Shadón here just informed me that one of the Provost is a traitor, and if his information was right, it can't have been me.

Sorry Shadón, was that meant to be a secret? They've been nagging us for information I haven't had, and now I finally get a lead, I figure it's best I share it.

So, the way I see it, if Shadón is correct and my colleague Mason Dalese is a Deserter, than I have been mislead this whole time and action must be taken.

OR

Shadón made this all up to turn the Provost Guard against each other, like a sneaky Deserter would.

This is all quite a shock to me, and I have to think this through. Maybe you gentlemen can piece some things together that I can't...

Well, Michel Shadón here just informed me that one of the Provost is a traitor, and if his information was right, it can't have been me.

I never said it couldn't be you, I said there are only two of you and I had reason to suspect your ally. Given that the last person to make such an accusation ended up dead, I didn't feel overly secure going public with it.

Sorry Shadón, was that meant to be a secret?

You knew that it was meant to be dealt with privately, and you claim to be able to do that, yet you run here instead. I'm not sure what to make of that, but it doesn't seem very trustworthy to me. :sceptic:

None of that changes anything, though. I stand by the information without hesitation: One of the Provosts is a traitor.

What it does change is my suspicion of which one. :hmpf_bad:

So, the way I see it, if Shadón is correct and my colleague Mason Dalese is a Deserter, than I have been mislead this whole time and action must be taken.

One of you is a traitor, that's for sure.

Shadón made this all up to turn the Provost Guard against each other, like a sneaky Deserter would.

No, a sneaky deserter would make a public announcement to attempt to save himself. Or a stupid honoured. I'm not sure which you are now, but I'm less than pleased.

Ok, here is what I know. Feint colored epaulettes, check. Moustache, check. Knife in bag, check.

Provost Guard Ian Des, all of this stacks up against you. And I had to run out of that tent before I could finish my investigation. Anything you would like to say for yourself?

So you tried to investigate Ian Des last night? Why did you choose to withhold this information at first?

Also, you say he was asleep in his bed while you were investigating. This means he can't have been the one with faint epaulettes who tied up my tent. And if you were out investigating, the only faint epaulette wearer left is Mason Dalese.

That's just the problem, I don't know that he has one. If I did, it would be a lot easier to vote again.

We can't be certain about any piece of information we're given in this game... of life. Why ignore this one?

We can't be certain about any piece of information we're given in this game... of life. Why ignore this one?

I'm not for ignoring any credible information. I almost wish we had a little less because right now, we're so flooded by the craps and bad smells that we need to dig more latrines. If everything we've been told is true, we're all deserters. Only a fool would create a game ... of life ... in which everyone is on the same side. :grin:

So now, to address that point... what information should we believe and what should we not? Someone please inform me so that I may vote correctly.

None of that changes anything, though. I stand by the information without hesitation: One of the Provosts is a traitor.

Sorry, I may be missing something. This is based on...? The murderer with a sword theory?

To add on... I am less likely to believe an unidentified source and then even the identified ones provide conflicting bits like this:

It said the epaulettes were faint, but I couldn't tell if they were yellow or a feinted red.

Yesterday it was yellow or gold as I recall. Today it's yellow or red. Wouldn't faint red be pink? :laugh:

And if you were out investigating, the only faint epaulette wearer left is Mason Dalese.

Er. Gold. Now it's gold. :wacko:

I'm not saying you're wrong or even lying, but you can see where it isn't overly convincing. Then add that your theory relies trusting that everyone else is accurately giving their actions and it's like making the shooting in the darkness.

Sorry, I may be missing something. This is based on...? The murderer with a sword theory?

Please step into my tent and have a seat by the fireplace.

Yesterday it was yellow or gold as I recall. Today it's yellow or red. Wouldn't faint red be pink? :laugh:

Er. Gold. Now it's gold. :wacko:

I'm not saying you're wrong or even lying, but you can see where it isn't overly convincing. Then add that your theory relies trusting that everyone else is accurately giving their actions and it's like making the shooting in the darkness.

You're right. To clarify: the actual message I received said that the epaulettes were faint, but that I wasn't sure whether they were yellow or just a fainted red. I'm just assuming that "faint" would include gold too. I'm also assuming the epaulettes weren't red as then the clue would be useless to us.

Ugh. I guess the ones with blue epaulettes are off the hook at least.

Ugh. I guess the ones with blue epaulettes are off the hook at least.

So it wasn't our little drummer boy. He's about the only one I haven't suspected thus far, so he's probably a 13yr old mob boss. :wink:

Now Flag Bearer Nathan Redman on the other hand, I find it a little odd that he's so quiet, like Pvt. Rames, too quiet to gauge an opinion on. :hmpf_bad:

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have gone and betrayed Private Shadon's trust, but with all the people looking to the Provosts for answers, and us not having any, and then fingers being pointed because of us not having any information... Well I thought since I finally had information, sharing it would ease the burden, but apparently not.

I think I'm getting somewhere regarding these Deserters, but I can't be sure. Until I am, I will have to wait. In the mean time I will say I am sorry, Private Michel Shadon, for not being more thoughtful in the revealing of the information. I should have consulted you first. I'm not looking to make enemies, I'm looking to sentence some Deserters.

Now for the last time, say what you will, but let us Provosts do our jobs. I know you boys are jealous of the gold that embellishes our shoulders, but I suggest you find a way to deal with it, rather than trying to point the finger at us.

That said, I am a bit unsure who to believe with all these accusations pointing in the direction of my colleague... I could assume he's an honoured man just doing his job, but I'm reminded of the fact that Sgt. Stamphill did find a knife in his backpack... Mr. Des has been trying to convince me that he is indeed not a killer, even though I've said on multiple occasions that I have faith in him. The latter, combined with my feelings of camaraderie towards my colleague, was the reason why I didn't share what I've found out about Mr. Des earlier. Now, however, seeing as we need every bit of detail in order to put the jigsaw together, I believe that I must put my feelings behind and do my job.

Mr. Des has the ability to roam our camp at night, killing people... He has been convincing me that he hasn't used it at all for fear of killing another honoured soldier, but I fail to understand how he could choose to overlook the powers he has been given that could be put to good use by successfully going after the deserters?! Furthermore, with all the killings that have taken place over the course of the first couple of days, I am not sure if he hasn't actually used his action - with him having a knife at his disposal, AND a moustache as well...

I don't know if Pvt. Shadón has made up this information regarding one of the Guards being a deserter or not and I'd like to believe it was all an attempt to turn us on to each other. As I've said, it was my intent to stay loyal to my colleague, but so far he's said a lot of things in his defence, yet failed to share this piece of rather conspicuos evidence with you boys. I have a duty to keep you informed - and now I've answered its call.

As I've said, it was my intent to stay loyal to my colleague, but so far he's said a lot of things in his defence, yet failed to share this piece of rather conspicuos evidence with you boys. I have a duty to keep you informed - and now I've answered its call.

What is this piece of evidence you are talking about? That he apparently has the ability to do his job by going out at night and killing deserting scum? If I would be a loyal provost guard, I would indeed not make this public, because it could easily make him look suspicious. So, in my view, you did the right thing not coming forward with this, but now that you have come forward, I'm not so sure what that says about your allegiance to this regiment.

Guess I wait and see what Pvt. Yellman has to say then, since he has 'private' knowledge.

Like I said, I don't want to be the person telling everyone who to trust anymore. It's just too much responsibility for me... :sceptic:

By now I'm sure the scum already know this, so I'd might as well tell everyone in public.

I'm the honoured investigator. Pvt Yellman has already told you the information I've found:

- On Night 1 I investigated Sergeant Stanely Hemphill (Stash2sixx), and discovered that he was a deserter. I found two letters in his backpack. The first was about his wife being severely ill. The second was more revealing, and from it I could conclude he was a deserter.

- On Night 2, I investigated Pvt. David Reutal (Dragonator). He too is a deserter. I found a blood-stained rag and a knife in his backpack. I also read a note too, which suggested he was a deserter. There was also something about them needing to kill everyone in the regiment in order to desert.

- On Night 3, I tried to investigate Provost Guard Mason Dalese (MetroiD). As I've already said though, I was blocked, so I found out nothing.

The scum attempted to convert me on Night 2 but failed, presumably because I'm incorruptible (and therefore more likely to be a sane investigator). The wording of the letters from the voice in the sky seem to suggest I'm sane too.

- On Night 1 I investigated Sergeant Stanely Hemphill (Stash2sixx), and discovered that he was a deserter. I found two letters in his backpack. The first was about his wife being severely ill. The second was more revealing, and from it I could conclude he was a deserter.

Lieutenant Pellcan seemed to trust Sergeant Hemphill. However, I am willing to believe you, however...

- On Night 2, I investigated Pvt. David Reutal (Dragonator). He too is a deserter. I found a blood-stained rag and a knife in his backpack. I also read a note too, which suggested he was a deserter. There was also something about them needing to kill everyone in the regiment in order to desert.

This guy sounds a lot more dangerous. He has to kill us all before he can desert? It might also be a bit fishy that you got lucky (Not physically) two nights in a row. However, I'll side with you on this one.

- On Night 3, I tried to investigate Provost Guard Mason Dalese (MetroiD). As I've already said though, I was blocked, so I found out nothing.

I still believe that Ian Des is the traitor. One of them must be a deserter.

The scum attempted to convert me on Night 2 but failed, presumably because I'm incorruptible (and therefore more likely to be a sane investigator). The wording of the letters from the voice in the sky seem to suggest I'm sane too.

I believe we can vote now, as it is nearing lunch, so I am going to:

Vote: Pvt. David Reutal / Dragonator

Based on what you say, I believe we'll be ridding ourselves of the Deserters Night Killer.

Sounds an awful lot like the conclusion some of us drew last night. Like Pvt. Yellman said, we win in either case. If he's a deserter, we can sleep quietly at night, if not we know Pvt. Perot is crazy and a threat to the regiment. Just one thing that I don't understand: Pvt. Perot, with your knowledge, why didn't you vote against Pvt. Reutal yesterday? We could've really used the votes...

One of the possible way, to prove you are sane, is to throw, Private David back to the conviction line, but there is something which I have to look back, to ensure that the puzzles are now fitted nicely, especially with these relevations. There is alot of info in this aspect.

I need time to think it through carefully, and as what Private Rick has said, why didn't you vote yesterday..

4516044060_61c05c8139_o.jpg

"Not to bother any of you, but you're all free to vote now, as the probation is over. Also, your Regiment should be getting rations soon. Quite good ones, too, I hear!" -Private Trulón-

So are we just carrying on with yesterday's convicting then are we? So what about Sergeant Hemphill then what are we going to do to him as well if Pvt. Peck is actually telling the truth (which Im not sure about).

I need time to think it through carefully, and as what Private Rick has said, why didn't you vote yesterday..
I wasn't able to vote last night because I was on latrine duty for the whole of the evening (Our street's internet went off for half a day because of some construction down the road).

Vote: Pvt. David Reutal (Dragonator)

So are we just carrying on with yesterday's convicting then are we? So what about Sergeant Hemphill then what are we going to do to him as well.

Pvt. Reutal seems the greater threat at the moment since it seems he's the night killer. We can deal with Sgt. Hemphill later on.

if Pvt. Peck is actually telling the truth (which Im not sure about)

What do I have to gain from lying about this? I'll be the next one voted off if I'm wrong about Reutal.

What do I have to gain from lying about this? I'll be the next one voted off if I'm wrong about Reutal.

To divert attention off yourself or vote off another honoured so the deserters have a bid upper hand

To divert attention off yourself or vote off another honoured so the deserters have a bid upper hand

But I haven't been in the spotlight until now. If anything I'm drawing attention towards myself now.

And the deserters are cowards and thieves. Do you really think they'll risk one of their own members just to take out one honoured? There's a larger percentage of honoured soldiers than deserters, so doing this would hurt the deserters more than it would hurt us.

That said, I am a bit unsure who to believe with all these accusations pointing in the direction of my colleague... I could assume he's an honoured man just doing his job, but I'm reminded of the fact that Sgt. Stamphill did find a knife in his backpack... Mr. Des has been trying to convince me that he is indeed not a killer, even though I've said on multiple occasions that I have faith in him.

Wait a second, it was Private Reutal who had the knife, not me! For Christ's sake, all these nights I've just been trying to get a good sleep, not running about all stab-happy.

- On Night 2, I investigated Pvt. David Reutal (Dragonator). He too is a deserter. I found a blood-stained rag and a knife in his backpack.

So there. Now I know you can use the "But we can't trust him because he could be a Deserter" line, but if we don't trust anyone then we won't get anywhere.

As for me trying to convince you I'm not the killer, it's only because you keep saying I killed someone when I did not! I've merely been correcting you. Christ, we Provosts should have more trust in one another, shouldn't we? Although that's getting quite hard with the information Private Shadon has brought up.

I still believe that Ian Des is the traitor. One of them must be a deserter.

And you think it's me. May I ask what I have done to arouse your suspicion?

Well, it seems the evidence has been piling up against Private Reutal. I find Tom Perot to be trustworthy so I'll take his information as evidence. Please, let us be right on this one! Vote: Pvt. David Reutal (Dragonator)

Also, if we have any Honoured bodyguards out there, we might want to station you outside of Tom Perot's tent. With his revealing of his role, he'll no doubt be a target of those filthy Deserters.

So what about Sergeant Hemphill then what are we going to do to him as well if Pvt. Peck is actually telling the truth (which Im not sure about).

Private Peck? You mean Private Perot, right?

(Tony Peck is TinyPies' Red Moon character, Private Tom Perot is his IS Mafia character. :wink:)

What is this piece of evidence you are talking about?

Piece of information, rather than "evidence", sounds more like what I've shared with you here. And I can't understand why it is that you guys are unhappy when I have nothing to report, and then when I do in fact have information I deem of utmost importance, my fellow soldiers are once again not too pleased about my actions. Maybe I should follow the example of other soldiers in this Regiment and just show up for voting without uttering a word throughout the day?!

Anyway, back to my report from earlier today - all I said was that my colleague Ian Des has the capability to kill people at night. And I've done that because I thought that's what's best for the Regiment at this point, seeing as we're all looking for the killer here.

Private Peck? You mean Private Perot, right?

Yeah thats the one. Sorry, Ive been reading this book called Red Moon Mystery and he resemble this character called Tony Peck. :blush:

Im starting to be swoon to voting against Pvt. Reutal but Im not that sure about it yet...