CopMike

REVIEW: 8683 Minifig series 1 -

I'm glad to hear that they are heading to our shore, but a bit disappointed that they are going to be an exclusive to a particular store.

I was hoping all the stores (Kmart, Big W, etc) would be stockpiling them :tongue:

One of the MUGS (Melbourne LUG) is currently negotiating a bulk purchase through Toys R Us so they will be at TRU in Australia.

My guess is that they will be exclusive to MYER for a period of time and then available everywhere else later.

Similar to how the pirate sets were exclusive to Target for a while and then appeared in other stores later.

G'day folks, I'll place a call to both TRU and Lego Australia and ask for the truth about these packs,

Odd isn't June not May for international release of the first series eh ?

I will let you all know early next week on what I discover ............I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

G'day folks, I'll place a call to both TRU and Lego Australia and ask for the truth about these packs,

Odd isn't June not May for international release of the first series eh ?

I will let you all know early next week on what I discover ............I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks, mate! :classic:

Hey guys, new to the site and happy to be here. Like many of you, I'm very excited about the new minifig series and have several favorites in mind, probably not the same as others.

I was wondering what specific plans anyone/everyone has with these new minifigs and how they plan on implementing them into their displays or collections? Obviously I could see a small pack of zombies invading the movie theater or another part of town, and perhaps putting a magician or the clown on a street corner doing tricks or entertaining kids. Any other ideas on how to put some of the more unique figures to use in a town display?

I mean, the wrestler is SO COOL but without building a ring or something to that effect, I'm stumped at how he'll fit into my plans (not like that's going to stop me from picking one up).

I'm new to posting, but I've been reading here for a long time. I started a thread today about this. My area of interest is super heroes. I'm planning on making a few of these minifigs into characters right away and using parts for others.

I thought about that wrestler. You know the long blue streamers that trail the Naboo sub from Phantom Menace? Those could be ring ropes. There are probably enough custom bare torso decals around to make a pretty large wrestling group. Not my cup of tea, though.

One of the MUGS (Melbourne LUG) is currently negotiating a bulk purchase through Toys R Us so they will be at TRU in Australia.

Sorry I wasn't careful when I posted this and mixed things up; the order is being made through Toyworld not TRU.

That sounds interesting - independent stores like Toyworld and maybe also including Myer too will have these eh ?

Makes sense - the likes of Target or Kmart would be to easy to loss large quanties of these poly bag packs.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

That sounds interesting - independent stores like Toyworld and maybe also including Myer too will have these eh ?

Makes sense - the likes of Target or Kmart would be to easy to loss large quanties of these poly bag packs.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I haven't heard anything about Myer and Toyworld getting these. I've been told they will be available at Kmart and Target, I'm confident Lego Australia will confirm this when you call :classic:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lego sends out a special agent for every store... :tongue:

I think Joebot was referring to the sexual connotations that the word "groping" carries. :tongue: