CopMike

REVIEW: 8683 Minifig series 1 -

Lego has targeted my love of collecting affordable awesome things...sorry anime trinkets your taking the back burner to random Lego minifig bags this year! >:3

Thanks for the review 'CopMike' ! :sweet:

I thought there were 3 per pack not one, hello Kinder Surprise ! :grin:

And it's mix and match system......Lego must have worked out what kids do with minifigs - kids make minifig MOC's !

You know what this means a total of another 31 reviews to come this year ! :tongue:

Spaceman looks fantastic and that new ray gun - me want !!!! :devil:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

It's not really mix and match (the illustration is just showing you can if you want). He got a complete figure, not pieces to multiple figures.

No black mark on the fig, so it's definitely made in China (says on the bag too), but quality control has supposedly been much improved, so I'm hoping for the best!

Thanks for the review CopMike!

Really cool how we get a new length of lightsaber blade - now we have lots more customizing options for lightsabers! :sweet:

I love all of the new molds we get here! Three-long lightsaber blade, ray gun, white Space Police helmet, and 3 x 4 tile with studs in the middle row; what more could you want? :cry_happy:

I think the reason they made that customizing page, is so they would only have to print out one set of instructions for every bag, not for customizing, though that is an option.

Thanks Copmike this is great! :sweet:

Lucky %$#@! Getting the one I want most on your first try :tongue::grin:

The astronaut is :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I love everything about it.

Do you have others? and how did you get this so early?? :oh:

I hope I'm not as lucky with a Mexican with Sombrero. :laugh:

Seriously, it's great to see that you found one early, and equally nice that it's old TLG quality. I was a bit worried with all the talk of cheap Chinese plastic.

I'm pretty sure that everyone will want every single minifigure in the set. I don't think I'll curse getting repeats until I'm finally down to the very last one that just forever evades my grasp.

Is there any back printing? I'm geussing the magician's wand is the same type of peice as the laser beam, though the great thing is that he isn't any type of miner/police officer/robot/insect.

Edited by indianajones

Is it just me or is the most obvious thing missing from this review?

A picture of the assembled minifig.

:tongue:

Oh snap! That's hilarious. I really want a pic now too.

I supposed CopMike was obsessed with the possibility of getting the Cheer Leader. :grin:

Or in most cases, we are focusing much more on the quality issue which is bothering many of us right now.

Definitely WhiteFang - must have been the cheerleader. :laugh:

I really want a pic now too.

I'll just take two cheerleaders. :laugh:

I knew something was missing! Just wasn't sure what. :laugh:

Thanks for the review.

Any word on where these will be available? I mean will they be at Walmart and TRU, or exclusive to the LEGO stores?

You noticed :laugh:! Ok then, here we go:

gallery_148_84_164549.jpg

Mr Spaceman was nice enough not to fire his gun into the camera!

And there´s no printing on the back.

He looks fantastic! :wub: Im really pumped to collect all of this series now and its great that the quality is fixed! :thumbup: Thanks for the quick review CopMike

Thanks for the review.

Any word on where these will be available? I mean will they be at Walmart and TRU, or exclusive to the LEGO stores?

Thanks for giving us an early look, can't wait!

And I've also been wondering the same thing, has there been any confirmation as to whether these will be sold at mass retail or exclusive to LEGO Stores?

Save the cheerleader, save the world.

(sorry, somebody had to say it)

These figs look great - I have my favorites of the first series, but I wouldn't say no to owning any of them, even in multiples as I attempt to get them all.

I want these now! So Cool!

Save the cheerleader, save the world.

Actually the cheerleader's going to be fine. You must save the waitress.

Hmm...

Given the lack of neck printing, and various other things people pointed out, it is supposedly made in China but with better quality.

I'll still have to get these if I see them. My opinion on magnets haven't changed, but if I happen to chance across them in a store (not online), I'll get a few.

Spaceman! Spaceman!

The figure I want a slight percentage more than any of the others! (I really do want like, all of them many times over...) Looks great and also shiny.

You lucky dog!

Thanks for the review, CopMike! :thumbup:

Let's repeat the important part now.

On this one, good´ol TLG quality.

As I said elsewhere, get used to the useless neck print being gone and the mould mark in the arm, neither is a sign of inferior quality.

If CopMike says it's old TLG quality, it is. End of discussion. There are about 3 people I would trust absolutely when it comes to LEGO and he's one of 'em.

If you still want to pointlessly gripe about where they are made, do it somewhere else, this isn't the topic for it, but be warned, if the worst you've got is neck print and arm mould, expect to get hammered for being a moron. I've had just about enough of it, and with this verification that quality is up to expected standards, such posts are no longer warranted and only serve to malign the very product you come here claiming to be a fan of.

And now, back to our program...

Spaceman On! :thumbup:

If CopMike says it's old TLG quality, it is. End of discussion. There are about 3 people I would trust absolutely when it comes to LEGO and he's one of 'em.

There's still the question of whether on not the printing will be consistent, and that can't be answered with just one review.

Call me a moron, but this is one of the first samples, so it's more likely that all the printing is going to be fresh and aligned. I'm going to wait for them to be mass produced by the millions before I make a call on whether they belong in my collection.

Quality control involves more than just the type of plastic used. :tongue: