16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Greetings, fellow LEGO enthusiasts! :classic: Today, I am going to write a review of ....

4422130263_c5847c5da4_o.jpg

4x4 Dynamo!

Name: 4x4 Dynamo

Set Number: 20014

Theme: Creator

Year released: 2010

Price: Considering that this is a Brickmaster Polybag Set, $6.00 is the estimated price.

Piece Count: 69

Number of Minifigures Included: 0

Additional Information: This is the March-April 2010 Brickmaster Polybag Set. This model is a non-Minifigure-Scaled ATV / Quad-Bike.

Image Resource:

My Flickr Photostream

Contents.

Inside the Polybag (shown far above) is what you will usually find in an average LEGO Polybag -- LEGO Bricks in smaller Polybags and an instruction booklet.

I have discarded the smaller Polybags after releasing the bricks they contained. Nothing special at all about the booklet by the way -- no advertisements for other Creator sets at all.

4422895796_dc20358cd3_o.jpg

4422130213_9d3c0788e3_o.jpg

Here are the most interesting bricks of this set. The tires are new to me.

Build.

The build is more challenging than other small Polybag Pomo Sets, which is good. Don't want building to be too easy.

4422130189_fbb5beca99_o.jpg

*Snap* *Click* *Snap*

4422895696_fb8ff425fd_o.jpg

The model itself.

It is high in playability. Unfortunately, this model is not meant for Minifigures.

4422130125_782a027207_o.jpg

*Brum brum brum*

4422130079_3b86ba1538_o.jpg

Even though this model is not made for Minifigures, I decided to put one on to use as a scale gauge for the viewers.

4422895602_080a9bb610_o.jpg

Chad McGrunge is a loose-cannon daredevil racer with a bad attitude. He decided to take the 4x4 Dynamo Quad-Bike for a race.

4422130017_89c5eef1e4_o.jpg

Chad wins the race, and gets his picture taken with his stylish new Quad-Bike.

Ratings:

Playability: 8/10

Build: 6/10

Pieces: 6/10

Minifigures: 0/10

Total: 20/40

This is an okay set, not really something to look for and buy on a reseller website in my opinion. One huge downside of it is that it is not made for Minifigures. :sceptic:

Thank you for reading! :classic:

~Bricknave

Edited by WhiteFang
Indexed and poll added

Nice review! Seems like with some minor modification you could get a minifig on there. Almost makes me want to subscribe! :tongue:

Looks like a nice, solid little build with lots of greebly goodness :thumbup:

Thanks for the sweet review!

Thanks for the review 'Bricknave' - cool creator set !

I think if you combine feature of this one with the coast guard quad of 2008 and you would have one awesome minifig quad bike !

Lots of useful parts, oh by the way those tyres were used on the coast guard 4 wide pick up truck and jet ski trailier.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks for the very nice review Bricknave!

The vehicle certainly looks very interesting and I really like that it looks agressive with all these pieces in the right places.

Btw, I 've noticed that yellow pieces in this set seem to be better than the previous years yellow pieces. Perhaps it's just the photos, I don't know.

Thanks again!

I like those new tires. It sure looks like it should at least be close enough to mini-fig scale to work. Guess people who get the set will have to get to work on that. Maybe it is the large tire size that will hold them back a bit. :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for the review Bricknave!

Looks like a great mini set with lots of greebles and useful parts!

I might be going to LEGOLAND in April and will order a subscription to BrickMaster if I do go (for the free admission ticket with an adult purchase), so this will be a great bonus. :sweet:

This is a great set. The tires are super nice, really good quality. They also include an alternate build for a 4x4 rally vehicle using the same parts in the Brickmaster magazine that came with it.

If you remove the 4 (1x1) pieces on the seat, you can easily affix a Lego minifig. It's really not far out of scale. Fun little model.

Really a nicely proportioned Creator set. The tires are perfect for the model and the use of a wheel holder as a foot rest is simple but very effective. Not to mention the use of those nozzle pieces as steering. Thanks for the review Bricknave.

Wow - this is a cool little set

It really reminds me of a MOC - it doesn't look very "official LEGOish" - but it is actually a good thing. There are many cool details which I think is rare for such a small set.

Great review. Thank you :thumbup:

I like the minifig included, is that a new torso? The quad bike itself is quite nice, too.

Wow - this is a cool little set

It really reminds me of a MOC - it doesn't look very "official LEGOish" - but it is actually a good thing. There are many cool details which I think is rare for such a small set.

Great review. Thank you :thumbup:

I really do agree. It does look like a moc. :cry_happy:

is that a new torso?

Not really, it came with some of the gas station sets. One thing I don't like about sets like these, are that they are slighly bigger/smaller than minifig scale, so drivers look weird.

I like the minifig included, is that a new torso? The quad bike itself is quite nice, too.
The minifig isn't even included in the set!

(Bricknave used his own minifig in the final pic :wink:)

My son got his in the mail earlier this week. I have to say it's a neat little set. This month's BM magazine even has an alternate build in it (although there is an interference in the magazine instructions; one of the greebs rubs on the tires :hmpf_bad: ).

It would have been nice for the instructions to include alternate models, since it is labelled as a Creator set. Then again, the package doesn't say 3 in 1, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Thanks for the review, Bricknave.

Looks like a nice little vehicle! :grin: His but may not fit into the seat but as long as he hangs on to those handlebar grips he is all set to win the races! :classic: