Sign in to follow this  
General Zen

2 Imperial outposts and landing pad

It looks really impressive but I can't click on any of the small thumbnails, could you deeplink some images for us?

Also is that a black lambda class shuttle? Very cool.

Okay, here are some criticisms, but try not to take them badly, as I mean not to offend.

Desert Base: Okay, nice use of space, but the base it's self is a bit bland and boring. This is mainly due to the empty interiors, the many studs and the boring walls. Try and add some touches to the architecture, bits that stick out, give it some flavour. You should also look at other people's MOCs of bases to get ideas for what sort of things could go in an interior.

Landing pad Base: Straight away this is much more interesting! Nice colour pattern, and a good start at attempted greebles on the top. Still, the building is mostly just a box, which makes it quite boring. But again, it's a good start, and a good basis from which you could create a truly interesting MOC.

AWESOME Imperial outposts 'General Zen' :laugh: - great with the tan brick with black trim, but whole sections inside black - too cool !

This may sound a little crazy, but the landing platform - that link is super slow so when I'm not using WIFI at Macca's and back using my regular modem I can reply to the that set of images.

Anyway fantastic build, you say 3 years ago, well it's a smeging good job ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'General Zen' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very nice, but could you deeplink some images so we can see them better, please.

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I love making buildings so these is my first steps to creating better mocs!

Yoda601, thank you. I will take these into account. :thumbup:

I'm afraid i am not sure how to deeplink. I've tried before and it just didn't work for me. :sceptic: Thanks everyone for looking at the links :classic:

Looks nice to me, btw I have added two pics, take a look at their code so you know how to deeplink :wink: .

Looks nice to me, btw I have added two pics, take a look at their code so you know how to deeplink :wink: .

Zorro, thank you! I'm glad you like it. And you too legogalactcus! I'm glad you all like them! :classic:

While both are good, I think there is room for improvement.

On the desert base, you definitely need some architectural elements. Something to break up the blockiness. Overall I like the color scheme. Oh, and an overall shot would have helped a lot. With the pictures you've given us, we have to use several photos to piece together what the overall base looks like.

The second base looks much better. That landing platform is made of win! I like the colors, but the small portion of yellow on the top level is kind of off-putting to me. It would have been better to carry those yellow stripes all the way around, like you did on the lower level.

The lower level has some nice architectural elements, but again the upper levels are very blocky. The bridge across to the landing platform is very nice. And again, an overall photo would have helped.

Overall they are pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

While both are good, I think there is room for improvement.

On the desert base, you definitely need some architectural elements. Something to break up the blockiness. Overall I like the color scheme. Oh, and an overall shot would have helped a lot. With the pictures you've given us, we have to use several photos to piece together what the overall base looks like.

The second base looks much better. That landing platform is made of win! I like the colors, but the small portion of yellow on the top level is kind of off-putting to me. It would have been better to carry those yellow stripes all the way around, like you did on the lower level.

The lower level has some nice architectural elements, but again the upper levels are very blocky. The bridge across to the landing platform is very nice. And again, an overall photo would have helped.

Overall they are pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks! As a builder, I tend to stick to blockiness when it comes to buildings, and I want to stop. I'm sort of what you call a blockaholiac. Thank you for your tips. My next building will be my new attempt to break my addiction. :laugh:

Edited by General Zen

I like your landing pad.

I suggest you should add some lights to illuminate the pad, so the landings will be easier; also you could add some fences, so the landing pad will be safer, as nobody could fall.

Thanks for sharing!

Nice to see you again on the forums after such a long time, Zen. I remember you said you were busy with a huge comic project back in '08- given up on that, or just a very long project? :wink:

Anyway, nice bases. You seem to have a lot of parts, and I like the wall detailing on the second one. Not sure I like the yellow, though, and they could definitely benefit from more details, not just a treasure chest or a box here and there. Also, I wish there was more action going on. Maybe a fight between Rebels and Stormies? A regiment in formation seems pretty boring, and I'm thinking that would better suit the Show your Army thread.

Nice to see you again on the forums after such a long time, Zen. I remember you said you were busy with a huge comic project back in '08- given up on that, or just a very long project? :wink:

Anyway, nice bases. You seem to have a lot of parts, and I like the wall detailing on the second one. Not sure I like the yellow, though, and they could definitely benefit from more details, not just a treasure chest or a box here and there. Also, I wish there was more action going on. Maybe a fight between Rebels and Stormies? A regiment in formation seems pretty boring, and I'm thinking that would better suit the Show your Army thread.

Yes it has been a while JimButcher! Thank you for commenting. I had to cancel that project. I was very young and naive during that time, and my friend with the camera didn't want to do it. :sceptic: Oh well, that was in 08!

By the way, the star wars comic game movie was great. Great work!

Thank you everyone once again!

Just checked out the second of your MOCpages now and I must say - AWESOME ! :grin:

Big enough landing pad for any Imp. Shuttle and the word is HUGE too ! :grin:

Fantastic build 'General Zen' and really I'm a conformist! !!! :sweet:

Thank you lightningtiger! I hope to make a new white base in the future using everyone's tips and ideas. I hope to end my serious blockaholism and make more detailed buildings! I'm glad I'm off to a good start! :classic:

Looks like you had a lot fun building these. Time to kick it up a notch and add some amazing details. ;)