Sign in to follow this  
NewRight

Discovery of Mission 5

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

An operation put in place during the Great Winter involving a former soldier being send into the hills and setting up camp as an experiment. After weeks in the mountains a soldier comes to retrieve the man of Mission 5.

4418263192_418c178123.jpg

Not sure about the photography with this one. Other than that nothing else will probably change before the contest. Unless of course you guys like the photography. I just ran out of black paper.

Also see more on Flickr or on MOCPages.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Despite the lack of comments this is still an excellent diorama! I like how you made the ice burgs in particular, as well as all of the little details like the logs. Do those black tentacles have something to do with black fantasy, or do they represent something else?

Keep up the great work!

it's a shame at the lack of replies to this! This is gorgeous work MacK, everything I wish I could do with my mocs and more! I love the icebergs and cold, wintery feel, you've really made an awesome atmosphere here!

The ambiguity of this moc is great too, I love how little is explained, very intriguing and even spooky, especially with those ominous black tentacles....

Look forward to seeing more from you!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Yeah, its a shame how many amazing mocs on this forum are just ignored because people don't feel the need to compliment them or their builders, this one in particular! I love the atmosphere you achieve, and how well you conveyed everything you wanted to show. Very post-apoc, keep up the good work, and definitely keep bricking! :thumbup:

it's a shame at the lack of replies to this! This is gorgeous work MacK, everything I wish I could do with my mocs and more! I love the icebergs and cold, wintery feel, you've really made an awesome atmosphere here!

The ambiguity of this moc is great too, I love how little is explained, very intriguing and even spooky, especially with those ominous black tentacles....

Look forward to seeing more from you!

As much as I'd like to take credit for this moc it's NewRight's :wink: . Anyways it's still an excellent moc :thumbup:

Thats a very nice moc NewRight. :thumbup:

I really like that there is snow everywhere. The icebergs are pretty cool.

Keep up the good work. :classic:

As much as I'd like to take credit for this moc it's NewRight's :wink: . Anyways it's still an excellent moc :thumbup:

Ah...embarrassment....scroll function failing... :blush::laugh:

Sorry NewRight, credit where credit due!

Ah...embarrassment....scroll function failing... :blush::laugh:

Sorry NewRight, credit where credit due!

Haha! Thanks. :tongue:

I'm glad all of you like it.

Fantastic MOC 'NewRight' - I really like the long winter thing - your'e as cold as ice - cool cool world - dam I must stop with these 80's song titles ! :grin:

Great work 'NewRight' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is a great dio man! I'm not big on the genre in general, but this one kind of makes me want to try my hand at it. Thank you for the inspiration!

And in response to the other discussion in this thread. I too have noticed how so many great builds get lost in the masses here. I guess the new guys have to fight their way to the top. No biggie.

Hello!

Very impressive your scene! I can imagine the big efforts in placing all the realistic looking ice and snow effects. :classic: The two sizes of wood packs are also a nice detail. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Really nice MOC! :thumbup: I especially like how you've done the icebergs and all the stuff of the camp :wink:

Edited by BlueBard

well I like it, I mean I really like it, but i'm gonna be honest with you, I don't get it, can you maybe give it more of a story, like what are the tentacles?

Awesome MOC, NewRight! One thing I noticed that I thought was particularly cool was how you used the 1x1 plate with tooth as snow dripping down. I thought that was neat. :grin: I also like all the supplies and equipment you've got stashed to the right of the MOC. The whole scene is very cool. Great job! :thumbup:

~Peace

Sorry for the late reply to the EB questions, I meant to respond for the right moment and it's here I promise. :tongue:

Dave I'm glad to inspire. And big thanks from everyone for the kind comments. :classic:

well I like it, I mean I really like it, but i'm gonna be honest with you, I don't get it, can you maybe give it more of a story, like what are the tentacles?

The tentacles were in the original concept of it (see new image below) and while they don't really have a definite backstory I was thinking along the lines of Black Fantasy and the Apocalypse in winter all at once.

The usage of the 1x1 teeth was actually borrow from flickr user -Mainman-, so I can't really take credit for that.

Copy%20of%20pictures%20007.png

The image went a little funky with resizing in GIMP, but this was the original cartoony concept for the entry. As you can see the general concept is the same only if I had, had the pieces I would have possibly expanded it a little. Also I had planned on doing a custom flag, but that too became a little more complicated than expected. Anyway here is just a general look at what was planned and the outcome.