Sign in to follow this  
YG-49

Ackbar's Chair

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

EDIT: Video should be fixed.

The chair LEGO made did not meet my standards, and Ackbar was getting embarassed sitting in it. So I made a very delicate, more accurate chair. I had to fiddle with it for a while to make sure it looked just like the one in the movie.

General View:

4412801733_052ee623e7.jpg

Side, showing how the screens connected:

4413571134_b561579a35.jpg

Of course, everything has it's faults, and the one on this is that the clip pushes the Technic bar down, which makes the spinning function stop sometimes. Here's a quick video displaying it (I had to use my Youtube, no idea how to embed from Flickr):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDS9mAnCe6Y"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDS9mAnCe6Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDS9mAnCe6Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thanks for viewing! :sweet:

Edited by KimT

Your video doesn't work because you have it as private and only people who have accepted your friends request can see it. I can't find a good reference pic but from what I remember it looks on the spot. The other seats were similar to his but I'm sure Ackbar need some special feature added to his. :tongue: The neckerchief looks really nice and makes him look more moive accurate. Good job! :thumbup:

Interesting chair 'YG-49' - yeah it does look delicate that's for sure.

But total from what I remember of Ep.6 that is his chair with it's little control panel in front of him as he said those immortal words 'It's a trap !' :vader:

Great work and I&#39;m a conformist&#33; ! :sweet:

It looks allright, but I cant remember how the old one was. Could you post a reference picture? Old and MOD?

Thanks.

Here's the one in the movie, from wookieepedia.

250px-AdmiralAck.jpg

Here's a comparison of the two:

4416023921_7d62dac225_o.jpg

Thanks, yours is indeed a big improvement. Well done :thumbup:

But for obvious reasons (stability) we can never expect such from TLC.

You could still add the head support using this item in light grey, instead of the brown 2x1.

2540.gif

Also your reference picture is much more detailed, thanks for that too. :cry_happy:

looks pretty sweet, would loved it if the video had admiral ahkbar saying "its a trap"

Edited by ipwnlego

I love the design, If I had to come up with a design for ackbars's chair I'd probably just use a brown chair on a swivel mount :tongue: .

I like the improvement. Much more movie accurate. The only problem I can foresee is that Ackbar isn't fastened in in any way. It looks like he might slip out relatively easily.

Not bad. Yours looks much more like a chair than a platform for a fig to sit on.

I like the single arm holding it up.

Nice chair, but it does look a bit unstable and it seems that Ackbar would need to hang on to his dear life just to remain sitting on it :tongue:

Thanks, yours is indeed a big improvement. Well done :thumbup:

But for obvious reasons (stability) we can never expect such from TLC.

You could still add the head support using this item in light grey, instead of the brown 2x1.

2540.gif

Also your reference picture is much more detailed, thanks for that too. :cry_happy:

I was originally planning that, with using either handguns or minifig hands as the head supports he has.

I like the improvement. Much more movie accurate. The only problem I can foresee is that Ackbar isn't fastened in in any way. It looks like he might slip out relatively easily.
Nice chair, but it does look a bit unstable and it seems that Ackbar would need to hang on to his dear life just to remain sitting on it :tongue:

Actually, this is true, he falls out about 25% of the time. :tongue: