Sign in to follow this  
Pellaeon

Eldorado Fortress, micro-scale

Micro-scale Eldorado Fortress

Version 2.0

by Pellaeon

flickr gallery

I've been working on a refined version of the micro-scale Eldorado Fortress that appeared in my mini-golf themed PV2 entry. 6276 Eldorado Fortress is one of the oldest sets I have, and it's one of the few that's still fully built back at my parent's house. Needless to say, it's a classic set and one of my favorites.

4412518325_2b2d8e090d_o.jpg

4413285916_c805731dee_o.jpg

4413286006_2b000f7f57_o.jpg

There are more pictures on flickr.

And in case you've forgotten what 6276 looks like:

4183213795_3780c84ed2_o.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm open to suggestions. I have mixed feelings about the parapets; I think the cheese slopes work well above the arch, but I'm not sure I like the modified 1x1's with clip (they seem to be a common way to do parapets in micro castles though). I also need to take the time to make a better flag -- that one's starting to look a little ragged. :grin: Anyways, comments and criticisms welcome!

Nawwww, that is so cute! :pir-wub: I just love seeing micro scale things that are instantly recognisable like this. Very well done.

You really managed to capture the shape of the original perfectly, Pallaeon. The printing on that tiny flag is excellent.

Now isn't that cute ! :pir-classic:

Cool micro scale, copied the original to the letter but in micro !

Great work 'Pellaeon' and I'm a conformist! ! :pir-classic:

Great job! The 'big' fortress it still very recognizable.

The small flag is also very cute :pir-sweet:

I don't think this could be done any better, good work :thumbup:

This is truly amazing.So much detail in a little um what stud size is that?And the crane with no rope and no treasure.Everyone is saying that its so mini its cute, well how little could you make the lifeboats?But like i said this is truly amazing.

This is brilliant!

Eldorado Fortress is my absolute favorite Pirate set, and this rendition of it in micro form is just incredibly accurate! :pir-sweet:

Excellent job Pellaeon! :thumbup:

Edited by Mac-K

That`s Great!!! :pir-classic: I always love looking at micro scales and this one is remarkable!!! :pir-sweet: Just wondering how did you make a micro scale flag?

That looks really great Pellaeon. :thumbup:

You have made a well done micro version of Eldorado Fortress, with good proportions.

(But where are the minifigs. :pir-grin: )

the Inventor

That's a great micro building, cute-looking and instantly recognizable if you know the set.

Now you just need a micro-scale pirate ship to go with it. :pir_laugh2:

Wow, I love all the detail you worked into this, well done! instantly recognizable and a very clever build :thumbup:

That is awesome!! I spent a million hours playing with the original Eldorado Fortress when I was a little kid, I think you captured it perfectly! It took me forever to figure out what piece you used for the crane.

Wow, thanks for all the kind words, everybody. And I was blogged and frontpaged! :pir-blush:

... actually, Captain Zuloo gave credit to some guy named Pallaeon, but my username is hard to spell. :tongue:

This is truly amazing.So much detail in a little um what stud size is that?

It's 8x8.

Just wondering how did you make a micro scale flag?

I took the picture of the flag from bricklink, cropped it down to just the flag itself, printed two copies of it back-to-back, and then taped the paper to a black lever.

This is cool. I've had a similar one in the works for over a year now (just too lazy to order the couple parts I need), but this is even smaller!

I hope we get to see it someday, I bet the fortress would look very impressive in a slightly larger scale. I went with 8x8 originally because I need it to fit into a 16x16 vignette.

Thanks again, folks! Glad you enjoyed it. :pir-sweet:

You have done amazing job mate :pir-oh3: You have captured a look and transformed it to a minisize :thumbup: at me that is perfect, an incredibly good job keep it up mate :thumbup:

Captain Becker

This is awesome. Surprisingly close to the real thing. The only thing that's bugging me right now is the cannon solution. Other than that, fantastic micro!

~SR~

This is a really good mini version Pellaeon! :thumbup: You've made awesome MOC's lately, keep it up :pir-classic: