Sign in to follow this  
raidermab

Store Display

I found 4 store displays at a pawn shop. I was wondering if they have any value. They had the soldiers fort and loot island in one. 2 of the creator fire trucks, and 1 with a bulldozer and dump truck. They were in the cardboard store display and glued together. I was wondering if they had any value with them being glued together and if you can get the glue off.

I was also wondering if they had any value on the secondary market?

Thanks for any advice and let me know if I should go and get them. They wanted about $40 for each one.

The answer on the glue is almost certainly no. It won't come off. Last year LEGO gave me some display models for some work I did for them and portions of the models were glued. I had to dismantle them and toss the bits of LEGO that were glued together in a recycling bin, as there was just no hope for them. And having worked around the model builders at LEGOLAND, I can assure you that when something is glued, it is done so for good. The only glue that is removable is something like Elmer's, which you can soak in water to remove, but LEGO uses nothing akin to this glue. As to the value, perhaps someone would buy them. Things are worth whatever people would be willing to pay. Either way, it's a neat find. Good luck.

Either way, it's a neat find.

Yeah, I'd have gotten them just because of what a cool find they are, wouldn't care what they're worth.

I would say go get 'em. Store displays are always neat to see in a lego store and I dont think they should be taken apart ever. Whether they would actually have any resale value I have no idea.

No, it does not have value or used to do for other stuff. Once LEGO bricks are glued, it stay glued. Anything that you have done to mess around with it, will results in the ruins of the complete display, ending up losing both. Don't bother to sell as well. A display set remains as a display set, and the main purpose for it to stay glued is to show consumers of some sample sets, and during shipping, this glue will make it stay still.

$40 each is waaaaay too much. $40 for all of them, assuming they are decent cardboard displays or have the plastic domes, maybe, but you have to really be interested in that kind of thing, they aren't good sellers.

Thanks for the info I think I will just keep the one and not go back for the others. I is a nice display piece.