Sign in to follow this  
kris kelvin

The Untouchables

indexed.gif

My lastest creation. Build for contest on polish blog - Link (unfortunately only in Polish).

Eliot Ness and his companions.

Fake box was made because it was a rule in the contest.

Enjoy (I hope) :classic:

4410261693_f3bb6ec0e9.jpg

4411036336_b03c4942c7.jpg

4411029400_7d937ddc69.jpg

4410261975_2ec09b5159.jpg

Brickshelf - when public

Flickr

Really nice work, the minifigs are great, as is the period-styling. I especially like the grills on the windows.

Makes me wish I was Polish :tongue:

Very nice, I really like the grilled windows also. The vehicles are well done, and modular buildings are always cool. Keep it up, when's the release date? :tongue:

Your MOCs are true works of art, such amazing detail. I especially like all the detail in the building. I'd buy this set in a heartbeat!!

:jollyroger:

Wow, I love this! you had my hopes up that this was an actual set, I was about to cruise lego hoping to buy it :tongue: I love all the detail you packed into it, including the cars, and custom mobsters! excellent work, and keep bricking! :thumbup:

Edited by Fires-storm

This is incredible work Kris! There is so much in this MOC to love! :wub: The detailing on the building is great, especially the dark red used for the intricate brick work. The vehicles are great as well, I especially like that patrol car. :thumbup: Elliot Ness and his crew just look fantastic. I love the Kevin Costner movie, and I could instantly tell who each of the four are, especially Oscar and Malone. Again, just awesome work Kris, thank you for sharing! :classic:

Edited by Mac-K

Amazing piece of work, Kris Kelvin, there are few Polish people on Eurobricks, but the few we have all seem to be outstanding MOCbuilders!

I love how you represented the Untouchables, looks very real to me :thumbup: .

Beautiful building and cars, but did you really count all the pieces used in this creation? That is not a feat to be overlooked!

I assume it was intentional as my favorite detail is that the windows appear to have some grime around the edges. Sort of speaks to a rough and tumble era in Chicago, a very industrial city that was full of pollution at the time. Always impressed when someone goes to incredible lengths in order to make their design appear realistic. Well done! I would also like to echo what everyone else has said.

Great work Kris. :thumbup:

Perfectly executed with great detail.

And I see a new movie-role for Sean Connery as Jim Malone. :laugh:

Great work Kris. :thumbup:

Perfectly executed with great detail.

And I see a new movie-role for Sean Connery as Jim Malone. :laugh:

Funny you should say that, because Sean Connery WAS Malone about 20 years ago.

"You've just fulfilled the first rule of law enforcement. At the end of the day, make sure you go home alive. Thus endeth the lesson."

(I might be paraphrasing. I've only seen the film once and it was pretty difficult to hear at that part.)

Edited by Capt. Redblade

Wonderful, the building looks very nice, the minifigs are well done and the vehicles look as well designed as those from the Indiana Jones sets.

Great builds from a great movie.

The safe is excellent. The whole building is very good, and the figs are a nice touch to complement the rest.

Another excellent MOC, Kris! And, of course, again in your favorite dark red color.

I also tried to read your blog in Polish and it seems to me that there is a strong competition among the LUGPol members. This may be the reason why all of you are so good in building.

I almost thought this was a real set - ha.

Fantastic work! Now for a second look at the details :)

Simply amazing! I love the dark red and all the little details, especially on the roof section. The vehicles are just as good, if this were a set I'd snatch it up immediately!

I hope you don't mind if I take a little inspiration from this MOC?

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Just absolutely wonderful to see this. The patrol car and the safe are the two elements that really got me, the rest just only... blew me away.

Superb!!

Hi kris kelvin!! This is a fantastic MOC!! I love the vehicles and the figs in particular, but overall it looks fantastic. Well done!!

This is indeed very nice! The dark, muted tones add to the brooding, noirish atmosphere and I think the height is just about perfect. It looks solid and fortified. The grills on the windows are a great touch and you do indeed get a sense that this is a 'dangerous' part of town.

Lovely work!

I love the architecture, it really fits the time period. Nice job on the cars too and the figs are classic.

OMG ! :oh3:

That's AWESOME - totally awesome ! :grin:

Looks like the characters are from the movie from a few years ago and not the TV series of the 50's.

It's true the baddies could never pay them off no matter how much money was involved. :devil:

The building - very late 20's - booze factory about to be raided by the looks of it.

Now the best part - the vehicles - I love those, much better the ones from IJ set of last year - true to era !

Awesome work 'Kris Kelvin' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is brilliant! I dont know which piece i like more, the minifigs, the cars, or the building...

You really captured a moment in a time period here, mate...

Great work! :thumbup: