Alamai

WIP HMS ... ?

Hi everyone!

some might remember my digital ship-of-the-line HMS Lusankya (Link)

after some time i got many bricks together and have a first build up. shes not complete, still WIP but i need some advice.

What can i improve on her? (especially about the details)

are the colors right?

what do u think over all?

and last but not least: what will be a good name for this beauty? ^^

ok, enough words, let the pictures speak:

full view:

fullviewz.jpg

broadside:

broadside.jpg

bow:

bowf.jpg

stern:

sternaa.jpg

deck details:

deckdetails1.jpg

deckdetails2.jpg

deckdetails3.jpg

deckdetails4.jpg

and some size comparisons to both former imperial flagships:

sizecomparison.jpg

sizecomparison2.jpg

well, i hope u like it and i will be happy about some constructive feedback =)

alamai

Edited by Alamai

An amzingly beautiful ship, I personally cannot think of any true improvements to give her, for in my eyes she is pretty close to perfection! I love the detail you put in, such as the equipment on the decks for the soldiers, and all those cannon mustv'e cost a TON. I haven't even bought the ones for my schooner yet....*winces at the though of the expense* Ah well, nice work, and keep bricking! :pir-classic:

Edited by Fires-storm

Very Nice!

Not sure about the door mechanism to the cabin, But anywho, Its good!

A good name...good name...make it something memorable, Not like the obvious ones "Glory" "Victorious" "Oblivion". Something Britsh, But that sounds good. I mean you can't have for example the "HMS La Gloire", It wouldn't work.

Anywho, I'd say you should call it, don't ask me why, but "HMS Vanguard".

Great to see the real thing! It turned out really well :thumbup:

The tiled deck, the yards, the doors and the barrel with swords are very nice.

Now to answer some of your questions:

What can i improve on her? (especially about the details)

I believe that the bowsprit shouldn't consist of 2 beams for such a long part, only at one place it's 2 beams on each other, likehere And I would have put the oars in the boats and place some spears (like boarding 'pikes' (?) instead.

are the colors right?

There are not really 'right'colours as it usually was just the captain's choice. Blue, white and black were very normal colours.

and last but not least: what will be a good name for this beauty?

Is HMS Lusyanka not a good name? otherwise maybe a (roman) name, a city, or something like 'hope' or 'destiny' or something like that.

Very nice ship!!!

I really like how you made the door mechanism in the back. I also think using LEGO rigging is awesome!!!!

As far a color scheme, it works perfectly, the gold accent on the castle is perfect!!!

Name...... HMS Callisto ... It's one of Jupiter's moons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callisto_(moon)) and I think it sounds pretty cool!!!

I am making a 64 gun frigate and was going to name her Callisto but found something I liked better!!!! If you want the name, it's yours!!!!

Anyways keep up the good work!!

That ship is extremely well done. The colors are good, and the stern is very inspirational. How many guns does it have?

wow, that's an amazing ship! it looks a bit like a huge Imperial Flagship, and that's a good thing :pir_laugh2:

improvements? maybe a bit flashier figurehead, but that's all I can think of (it's so damn beautiful!)..

AWESOME ship 'Alamai' - beautiful decks and stern of the ship - and guns, guns and more guns - you must have spent a pretty penny buying all those - wow ! :pir_laugh2:

Fantastic detail all over this ship - great work and I'm a conformist! 'Alamai' I'm a conformist! ! :pir-classic:

thanks for the positive feedback!

this ship is build upon 10 mid sections and has 42 guns. length/beam ratio is nearly 5:1 and the main mast is exactly as high as the ship length.

the guns have a sliding mechanism, too, but i havent figured out yet, how to pull them out without opening the whole ship -.-

thought about something like a technic mechanism to pull all out at the same time... but have no idea to realize it.

it also has real decks inside on the complete length of it but no interior yet.

when EVERYTHING is rdy (and thats still a lot of work to do), shell get some custom sails and custom rigging....

alamai

HMS Ipswitch? That's what this ship looks a lot like...

maybe you can explain a little bit, what u are meaning with this? ;)

maybe you can explain a little bit, what u are meaning with this? ;)

You could call it the HMS Ipswitch, because it looks a lot like the real HMS Ipswitch a lot.

What an outstanding creation already! I don't see many MOCs based on LDD creations. :pir-classic:

Her shapes look very well and the stern turned out really nice! Great choice of colours too.

blogged.png

Soon! :pir-sweet:

Now that's simple awesome!!! I really like the colours, the tiled deck, the stern, everything. But the bowsprit shouldn't consist of two beams. Other than that, I have nothing to complain about. As for the name... How about HMS Minotaur?

Once again, the stern is simply incredible.

--Brickoholic

Edited by Brickoholic

Wow. That is AMAZING. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I forgot to suggest a name: HMS Harbinger

Edited by patroclus

I would call it HMS Neptune.

Although the HMS Minotaur sounds very nice too...

It's always hard to pick a name for ships, strange. :pir_laugh2:

It looks amazing! Did you complete the design in mlcad and then build it the same way? Or did you do a little freelancing in the midst of the build?

Ouch, thats a PWNSER! :pir_laugh2:

Are you Bill Gates or how did you buy all that stuff? :pir-hmpf_bad:

Lucky.

Well I got a name: HMS Costly :pir_laugh2:

It looks amazing! Did you complete the design in mlcad and then build it the same way? Or did you do a little freelancing in the midst of the build?

i did nearly the complete design (except the masts) in MLCAD and then ordered all the bricks i needed.

in the build i had some problems to realize what i build in MLCAD (especially on the bow and the stern cause of many hinges at those places), so i had to do a little freelancing while building those parts.

the upper deck and stern details are also some spontaneuos ideas i realized without planning. i just ordered many pearl gold pieces from bricklink and rearranged them till they looked good in my opinion =)

still, i have no idea to make a good figurehead. i thought something with those lionheads could look good, but still im trying to find a good solution for this.

Very Nice!!! :pir-blush: I Really like the outside cabin details!! :pir_laugh2: ,But why does the entry into the cabin have sloping doors? Besides that it is a remarkable ship! :pir-classic: The name should be------H.M.S. unsinkable

Edited by General Redwater

Wow, this is a very cool ship! I really really like it.

What I like most (forgive me, if I don't use the correct words):

- The shape/broadside of the ship

- The Stern

- Coloring Scheme

- The double door/hatch

- The double wheel

- The masts

Since it's a WIP, I think the bow could be improved.

Personnaly i don't like the yellow ropes (?) and the deck doesn't need 6 barrels full of swords.

Oh, since you're still working on it :wink: , maybe you can make some crane/construction to lift the boats of the ship?

Curious on what's inside / under the main deck!

Good luck!

Edited by DutchTreat

Very Nice!!! :pir-blush: I Really like the outside cabin details!! :pir_laugh2: ,But why does the entry into the cabin have sloping doors? Besides that it is a remarkable ship! :pir-classic: The name should be------H.M.S. unsinkable

it has those doors cause the deck simply wasnt high enough for a normal door (5 bricks high), i dont want to make it higher to not destroy the overall shape of the hull

and under the maindeck there is a deck but simply with cannons on it. no details or something build in there

All i ask is that you dont copy my ship's name (White Rose...im too fond of it). But i do have a few ideas for your dilemma...but she is a B-E-A-UTIFUL ship, a fine vessel worthy of meeting someday out on the battlefield. But anyways, normally a ship would be named for something it stands for, or embodies. first names to come to mind: HMS Sentinel. HMS Behemoth. HMS Vanguard. HMS Radiant. Furious. Colossus. Victorious. Voracious. Ambitious. Morning Glory(Couldnt resist throwing in a flower). Umm...Steadfast may or may not work...idk yet...HMS Lioness? that would certainly match her current figurehead...now i had a list of of ship names somewhere 'round here...where'd it go...i'll have to get back with ya later when i find it...