Sign in to follow this  
Chris Phipson

The fate of Atlantis

indexed.gif

Built for the 2010 MocAthalon going on over on MOCpages in the "Atlantis" category. I tried to think outside the box on this one. My first thought was to do a micro scale version of Atlantis before it sank. I started work on that and then Kevin Walter posted an AWESOME version of it... scrap that idea. My next thought was to do Atlantis "seconds" before it's destruction. Take it to minifig scale, add a small temple (woulda been bigger but my current "BIG" build is taking up all my white right now) add a cool wave about to take out the poor folks on the shore and BAM, "The Fate of Atlantis."

1267566328m_SPLASH.jpg

12675663291_SPLASH.jpg

12675663292_SPLASH.jpg

12675663303_SPLASH.jpg

12675663305_SPLASH.jpg

Till next time true believers!

~Chris.

Wow, that's fantastic! how did you get thet wave effect? Also, nice minifigs, but I think this would go better in the action themes section for some reason, I'm not sure if this is based on a film, is it? Otherwise, a very very smooth MOC. Well done!

Wow, that's fantastic! how did you get thet wave effect? Also, nice minifigs, but I think this would go better in the action themes section for some reason, I'm not sure if this is based on a film, is it? Otherwise, a very very smooth MOC. Well done!

I actually couldn't figure out where to put this... in retrospect, I suppose the action thread would have been better. If a mod or admin can move it, please feel free and sorry if it's a hassle.

~Chris.

I am astound and disappointed at the same time. Considering this MOC is in the Licensed forum, I thought it would be based on the Indiana Jones story. But for what it is, it's a great MOC! The minifigs look great and very Atlantian, and it has some nice techniques. :thumbup:

I am astound and disappointed at the same time. Considering this MOC is in the Licensed forum, I thought it would be based on the Indiana Jones story. But for what it is, it's a great MOC! The minifigs look great and very Atlantian, and it has some nice techniques. :thumbup:

Again, I apologize... I'm fairly new here and am still trying to get a handle on "where things go." I'll figure it out eventually.

Thank you whoever moved this post to the proper thread!

~Chris.

Edited by Chris Phipson

Again, I apologize... I'm fairly new here and am still trying to get a handle on "where things go." I'll figure it out eventually.

Trying to delete this thread because I moved the post to the correct thread. not sure how to delete this one... Help?

Please don't worry about it. It's no problem. :classic: Regular members are not able to delete threads, but I've moved this to the correct forum and removed the duplicate.

Creations from this time period belong in the Historic Themes forum, even if they aren't completely "historic". If this had been based on the official LEGO Atlantis theme, the Action Themes forum would be the proper place for it.

As for the creation itself: it does look a little sparse, but I like it, the building's roof in particular. The use of those wheel-type pieces for columns is a cool idea, but I think it looks too wide for a building of that size and height.

Well done, I like this.

One thing I would suggest though is putting one of the Atlantean ring collectibles in the temple. That is, of course if you're trying to tie it in with Lego's Atlantis theme, and if you have one of the pieces.

The wave is impressive, but looks a little thin to me. Nevertheless, and awesome MOC :thumbup:

Will/Rocketbilly

Great work.

Really nice and big wave.

And I love your pillar design on the temple. :thumbup:

Hello!

You captured the motion perfectly in this setup. A great snapshot in time. :classic: I especially like the little temple with the original columns using 4-wide cylinders and wheels. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great work on the wave :thumbup: And the temple is also very nice.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot good torso's for a MOC like this yet, maybe some decals would be nice instead of using only 2 different torso's but it's still a great MOC :pirate: