Sign in to follow this  
Morten

LEGOWorld MOC: Emperors Arrival

gallery_101_23_281.gif

At this years LEGOWorld, Kimt and I decided that we wanted to go all the way with Star Wars MOCs. Kim brought a lot of his bricks to my house, and we got together one or two nights a week to build, drink coffee, beer, eat candy etc. We had some really cool hours of building.

I have previously made the scene from Return of the Jedi, where the emperor arrives at hangar bay at Death Star II. This time the MOC needed to be bigger, better and far more expensive! For starters the base to be all tiled, size 128 x 128 studs. The walls in old grey, 35 bricks tall. The "port" is just tall enough to let a really skilled shuttle pilot squeze in the shuttle with the wings in landing position!

The MOC holds around 365 minifigs.

It took between 75 and 100 hours of building.

Now a few picutres of the building process and the final result. Hope you like it.

2010legoworld014.jpg

2010legoworld054.jpg

2010legoworld055.jpg

2010legoworld057.jpg

2010legoworld061.jpg

2010legoworld062.jpg

2010legoworld064.jpg

2010legoworld065.jpg

2010legoworld070.jpg

2010legoworld071.jpg

2010legoworld072.jpg

2010legoworld073.jpg

2010legoworld075.jpg

2010legoworld157.jpg

2010legoworld159.jpg

2010legoworld161.jpg

2010legoworld167.jpg

And finally a picture of me and one of my two most important MOCS: Frederik, my oldest son, at his first LEGO event.

Morten Sonne

2010legoworld167.jpg

And finally a picture of me and one of my two most important MOCS: Frederik, my oldest son, at his first LEGO event.

Great MOC Morten, but he's not Lego, is he? :grin:

But seriously, awesome job - wonderfully movie-accurate (with the possible exception of the 'official' shuttle :wink:); superb greebling on the walls, and an amazing display of Imperials.

Absolutely breathtaking. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice! How did you manage to get all those Imperials standing in order?!? In past experiences, I've always had trouble getting 2 minifigs to stand up simultaniously, let alone your 100 or so you've got there :wacko::thumbup:

BTW, nice shoes :tongue:

Absolutly fabulous :thumbup:

Finally the pictures are up, I already took a peak at this when KimT posted up his links.

This is the one of those scenes that made a huge impression on me when I was young and saw the movie for the first time. I can almost hear the soundtrack Imperial March just looking at your scene.

Emperor Palpatine: "Rise my friend."

Darth Vader: "The Death Star will be completed on schedule."

Emperor Palpatine: "You've done well, Lord Vader. And now I sense that you wish to continue your search for young Skywalker."

Darth Vader: "Yes, my master."

Emperor Palpatine: "Patience my friend. In time he will seek you out, and when he does, you must bring him before me. He has grown strong. Only together can we turn him to the dark side of the Force."

Darth Vader: "As you wish."

— Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader

The number of minifigures is awesome and the amount of death star troopers is most impressive.

Did you use black troopers torso's for the imperial pilots?

Tarkin is acting as Moff Jerjerrod, haha

You didnt miss the Crown Prince and mister Lego :grin::wink:

But no picture of them watching this awesome display?!

And yes, your sons are the most important MOCs :laugh:

Great job, you both enjoyed yourselfs.

Well Done, side by side they are a excellent pair of displays. Two important scenes in the movies (IMO).

Impressive, just like Kim's. This should be on display at a LEGO store. Preferably the Orlando Imagination Center :wink:

How did you manage to get all those Imperials standing in order?!? In past experiences, I've always had trouble getting 2 minifigs to stand up simultaniously, let alone your 100 or so you've got there

100?? Try again. :tongue: look at the first picture for a hint on how they're all standing in uniform.

Hello!

Another large-scale diorama! A pleasure to look at! The accuracy of the troop formation is impressive. I am very fond of the little details you can spot all around in the hangar, in particular that generator-like box with the cables. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

It was perfect next to KimT's mega-nette! If I am correct, you traded minifigs, yes?

This is one of the most repeated MOCs ever, (though not nearly as much as UCS Venators, which are always great :thumbup: ) and as usual here too, this is an excellent MOC! Although I've never liked the Imperial Shuttle set because it's so featureless compared to newer functions, it's always captured the actual ship well enough, and I love the model built around it!

Two Star Wars line up scenes together! Perfect combo!

What can I say. This is simply incredible.

All I know is that if I tried to make anything remotely similar, it'd look like crap. The walls next tot he hanger bay door are phenomenal. Really great job.

Excellent!! Man some of you guys take LEGO building to a whole other level, and I love it.

I am so jealous of you guys with the creative ability and time to do something like this. The number of figs are staggering, and the details on the wall, are outstanding. I really love this MOC, Awesome job, both of you!!!

Most impressive work here Morten.

A great representation of the movie scene. Allways nice to seen those small details in such a large MOC.

Thanks for sharing.

Indeed, very impressive. While this scene is frequently recreated, you did a great job here, I like that it is not just the shuttle, walls and figs, but also those little cargo crates and stuff.

Thanks for all the geat comments. Yes we did have alot of good building time KimT and I. Yes I used some of KimTs minifigs and he used some of mine, right now all the figs is at my basement, so KimT is forced to be friendly and helpfull etc!!!

Now we have to find out what to build to LEGOWorld 2011.

Impressive scene Morten. Next to the shear size of it and the number of minifig, all the greebles on the wall of the Death Star are great.

And a cute clone MOC you have on your shoulders there... :wink:

Well done Morten, a great display with good building techniqes and great accuracy :wub:! You´ve got the Emp´s arrival down now to the bolts & nuts!

Very impressive Morten, so is KimT's of course! So many Star Wars minifigs must have costed a fortune!

I loved watching these pictures, thanks for sharing them with us.

Looks like the Imperial construction team took Moff Jerjerrod's friendly advice and doubled their efforts to get so much done with such accuracy. Even the unforgiving Emperor will be pleased. :thumbup:

Sometimes a build like this will feel overdone, but in this case, despite the scale and the sheer number of figures, it feels perfect. That's a tough balance to get and you've managed it expertly.

Great job guys! :wub:

Awesome scene Morten! Its really big and the detail is excellent, not too much to make it cluttered. Its just right. The amount of minifigs is impressive just by itself. I counted 88 stormies which is impressive according to me cause thats more than my whole minifig collection! :cry_sad:

sweet. I love this scene in the movie and you've captured it really well, there were no snow troopers there though, but it is still quite incredible.

sweet. I love this scene in the movie and you've captured it really well, there were no snow troopers there though, but it is still quite incredible.

That's called artistic freedom :tongue:

I'm sure Morten is quite aware of the appearance of different troopers or not.

I do recall watching the videoclip of this scene with him more than a few times.

I do recall watching the videoclip of this scene with him more than a few times.

Quick search on youtube; epic scene - breath taking :wub:

TLC, we need a bigger Shuttle... :grin:

A great and awesome MOC of a totally epic scene!

Not much to say really more than that you nailed it.

And you should thank Future 74 for adding the reference video :tongue:

Is this a keeper?