How do you rate this set?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding!

I wasn't actually SHORT the parts...they were in a different colour! Instead of the dark tan they were supposed to be, the remaining parts were in LIGHT tan!

I know what you did wrong. :tongue:

You used 10 dark-tan 1x2 plates under the third floor windows instead of tan (just compare the second and third floor).

I know what you did wrong. :tongue:

You used 10 dark-tan 1x2 plates under the third floor windows instead of tan (just compare the second and third floor).

*head slap*

OMG.

Well, I guess that'll teach me to build when overly-tired. LOL

Thanks for the heads up! :classic:

What a marvelous set! The only modular I had built previously was Green Grocer, which I acquired just after I came back to Lego and just before its price skyrocketed. I'm not that interested in Fire Brigade, am still piecing together a Cafe Corner, and sort of hesitated to build Grand Emporium because I was worried it would be a letdown after Green Grocer.

But I actually think Grand Emporium might be better than Green Grocer.

OK, at least in certain ways maybe. Green Grocer has more architectural diversity and I think that creates a more interesting overall facade. And Green Grocer, like Grand Emporium, is chock-full of interesting building techniques and creative bits. Perhaps Green Grocer, being more diverse, has even more of them. However, if this makes any sense, I think the cool things in Grand Emporium are even cooler than the cool things in Green Grocer. The chandelier, the SHOP sign, the windows, the skylight, the itty-bitty dollhouse, the dude changing his pants, the revolving door, the shopping bags, the columns at the corners... all of those things, big or small, are just stunningly creative. If I came up with any one of them in one of my own designs, I'd be feeling pretty good about myself. For all the neat bits in Green Grocer, there are only a couple that hit me the same way. Grand Emporium was simply the most fun per hour I've ever had building Lego.

Truly an amazing set. A shining example of what Lego can be.

you people are crazy, so far the fire brigade has been the best build. the build techniques and 'fun' of the kit was there, the same as green grocer. i found grand emporium a very good looking and fun build, albiet slightly bland. the per store though,,, not the same can be said.

I really like this Grand Emporium and I do have four quantity of this set. I modification into large Grand Emporium. i have complete built and took picture but I will add to new forum to see it. I think this set is best set than other modular buildings.

I ordered this earlier today. It's going to be my first modular, not to mention my first LEGO set since I was around 10 (13 years ago). I'm beyond psyched for it to arrive. Going to build it step by step but eventually I'll try to get more creative. I do have a small Minifigure collection so I'll at least incorporate some of those into it.

Mitch, you should consider buying the Fire Brigade modular. Its expected to be discontinued sooner rather than later, and then the prices will only escalate. You will especially enjoy it as, in my opinion, the bulding techniques are more advanced. While I haven't put the Town Hall together, I still feel that FB was the most enjoyable to build, with Green Grocer as a close second.

Mitch, you should consider buying the Fire Brigade modular. Its expected to be discontinued sooner rather than later, and then the prices will only escalate. You will especially enjoy it as, in my opinion, the bulding techniques are more advanced. While I haven't put the Town Hall together, I still feel that FB was the most enjoyable to build, with Green Grocer as a close second.

I would but I really don't have the money to do so. I shouldn't have even ordered the Grand Emporium but I couldn't help myself!

My next modular will probably be the Pet Shop though, even if the Fire Brigade is still available. I just love that apartment.

Heya,

my daughter (7 almost 8) bough this last friday. :thumbup:

She's a real builder. :)

With little assistance from me (sorting blocks, adding the infamous headlight bricks for the four walls, clicking in windows) she completed the build.

Took her about 3 hours per book.

Great, brilliant building. Really. Lego at its best.

Problem though... if you have one....

Pictures REALLY don't do this thing justice. Finished the second floor last night and can't stop staring at the building and thinking of things to add to the interior (so far I've only added a shop dog, ha). I've been trying to stretch construction out for as long as possible because I don't want to stop building; I know once I'm finished I'll be even more tempted to order the Pet Store modular.