Sign in to follow this  
Kikuichimonji

Year Zero

I was bored Friday and decided to destroy my old A-Fighter and Juggernaught and make something new.

The idea was to make a ship which looked old and used. A bit like the Millenium Flacon, but smaller. The shape was somewhat inspired by Jon Palmer's F-Wing. I used the same color scheme as of my A-Fighter; which is red and old grey (dark and light). The two shades of grey gave it a really old and used look, and I think it turned out great. I know some people don't like the engines(:rolleyes:), but I decided to use them again anyway

I decided (after having finished it) to make it Kiku Fett's personal ship. A bounty Hunter has to have an old and rusty ship with concealed weapons, right? :happy: Kiku Fett bought this years ago when they were selling out the old models. He made so much changes to it that it hardly resembles the old transport it once was. He added concealed weapons to the sides and the "pod". He also utilised the cargo area to install so much technical stuff that the Year Zero actually is much faster then it looks.

Once I got into building assymetric, I couldn't stop anymore and just went for it. It took around 5 hours to build and is the biggest ship I've built to date.

I already found some thing to change for version 2 (I usually end up at version 5 before I'm happy with my creation :tongue: ). The back landing gear need changing since I'm not that happy with it, and I need to add a third landing gear underneath the cockpit. It's a bit on the heavy side...Other then that, I'd like to add some more greebling where possible to give it an even older and rustier look.

Onto the images...

Overhead shot:

afbeelding5_036.jpg

Cockpit shot with some detail work on the right

afbeelding5_052.jpg

Heh, my new camera is a lot better then my dad's :tongue:

Gallery when moderated

Let me know what you guys think :happy:

that looks great. i love the color scheme and the details are great. i also like the story you created for it

I really like this one. It is a definite improvement over some of your previous work. The shape and greeblies look nice and I like the jumbo laser that is hidden away. Your colors seem a little too scattered. I would maybe look at switching some of the placement of pieces or maybe even replacing them with the same thing in a different color.

It is the little details that will make the builder happy with it so keep trying until you like it.

Much better pictures by the way.

Nice work. I like the shape and feel of the ship, but I to would recomend some colour adjustment- maybe less red? I haven't built anything space in ages so I can't really comment but I remember it being harder to achieve a good colour balance than with buildings (and I find that hard enough : )

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

I know the colors are scattered. But that was done to make it look old, used and changed a million times. I might add some more grey though, because I did indeed slightly overdo it on the red. Thanks for the comments :happy: (gotta love that smiley...)

that's a very nice piece of junk you've build there! :biggrin: can't wait for the upgrades!! :smile:

I know the colors are scattered. But that was done to make it look old, used and changed a million times. I might add some more grey though, because I did indeed slightly overdo it on the red. Thanks for the comments :happy: (gotta love that smiley...)

I love it. Very 70s StarWars.

I think ships look better the less streamlines they are.