tin7_creations

Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

Hello there! It's so very nice to meet you!

So you want to be a Pokemon trainer?

Welcome to the world of Pokémon! My name is Oak! However, people just call me the Pokémon professor!

4400626490_f7f5541cc4_d.jpg

This world is widely inhabited by creatures known as Pokémon! We humans live alongside Pokémon as friends. At times we play together, and at other times we work together. For some people, Pokémon are pets. Others use them for battle and develop closer bonds with them. Myself? I conduct research so that we may learn more about Pokémon.

Now, tell me what is your name?

[insert name here] you say? A fine name that is!

Well, please choose a starter Pokémon.

The specific starter Pokémon available vary from region to region. In Kanto, trainers can choose between Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle.

4400626768_2bd624a88a_d.jpg

All right, [insert name here], the time has come. Your very own tale of grand adventure is about to unfold. On your journey, you will meet countless Pokémon and people. I'm sure that along the way you will discover many things, perhaps even something about yourself. Now, go on, leap into the world of Pokémon!

4421920106_6073c7afc3_d.jpg

Pokédex Entries:

#001 Bulbasaur

4421154305_a20996a600_d.jpg

Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokémon.

It bears the seed of a plant on its back from birth. The seed slowly develops. Researchers are unsure whether to classify Bulbasaur as a plant or animal. Bulbasaur are extremely calm and are difficult to capture in the wild.

#004 Charmander

4421154553_782e077d3c_d.jpg

Charmander, the Lizard Pokémon.

A flame burns on the tip of its tail from birth. It is said that a Charmander dies if its flame ever goes out.

#007 Squirtle

4421154081_a610379d38_d.jpg

Squirtle, the Tiny Turtle Pokémon.

It draws its long neck into its shell to launch incredible water attacks with amazing range and accuracy. The blasts can be quite powerful.

Oak's hair is made with Sculpey, and his decal is my own design. Every Pokémon piece is made entirely out of Sculpey, and LEGO pieces can be attached to them to make attacks.

I will try to update this thread as much as possible with every addition to my Pokémon series; so check back often!

Hope everyone enjoyed the first post!

~tin7

I'm going to add links to the updates in the first post; just in case people miss them:

March 10, 2010: Pikachu, Voltorb, and Electrode

March 11, 2010: Team Rocket

April 12, 2010: Misty

April 22, 2010: Staryu & Starmie

April 29, 2010: Brock

May 16, 2010: Ash & Crobat

Up next: Hiatus! (Until August)

Edited by tin7

You seriously made me fall off my chair. :tongue: These are fantastic! :thumbup::sweet: If LEGO would ever make a Pokemon theme, I would definitley buy it all! Suggestion: Is it possible to make a Spoink, Piplup, and a Furret if you had the time? If you could, that would be wonderful! :thumbup: Great job on these Pokemons! (Squirtle being my favorite)

Edited by Jar Jar

Great work, tin7 :thumbup:

You have made great Pokémon, I really like that official Lego pieces can attach to the Pokémon to attack.

the Inventor

I really like how Charmander turned out. I think they all look great though. I remember when I was younger and made brick-built Pokémon.

These are much better. :thumbup:

Amazing stuff Tin7! This really brings back funny memories.

I can't believe how well you've pulled these Pokemon off, the way they fit on studs and can fit pieces in their mouths is amazing :cry_happy:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Sweet! I love pokemon and professor Oak just looks great! Well done

Although I don't like Pokemon, these are fantastic! I like the ideas done with the vine, fire and water pieces.

Excellent job, Tin7! :classic:

~ General Magma

Great that these pokémon can also attack, and they look very good.

You also did a good job on Prof. Oak :thumbup:

The only thing that bothers me is that the legs of the pokémon seem a little bit strange because the inverted stud-things are the same colour.

Maybe, if you make the parts between the legs black or something, the legs will look more like they should be.

But for the rest you did a very good job :pirate:

They look incredible to me. A very fine job indeed :thumbup: !

Please build more and thanks for sharing.

Although I am barely familiar with Pokémon and the characters, (well actually, I'm not familiar with the characters at all) I must say that these are very well made, and are very inspiring, to say the least. :wink:

Charmander is my favorite.

Edited by FireHawk302

Truely excellent. I love the attacks. They look better than what I would imagine official LEGO pokemon would be. I only wish I could buy these to bride my siblings with..."Look a LEGO pokemon, ooh isn't it nice. Now if you go to bed then you can have one...."

You seriously made me fall off my chair. :tongue: These are fantastic! :thumbup::sweet: If LEGO would ever make a Pokemon theme, I would definitley buy it all! Suggestion: Is it possible to make a Spoink, Piplup, and a Furret if you had the time? If you could, that would be wonderful! :thumbup: Great job on these Pokemons! (Squirtle being my favorite)

There will be plenty more to come once I find time to make them. Right now, I'm officially swamped with schoolwork (all through March actually), but I'll be less busy mid-April, so hopefully, by May, I will have made everything I had planned. I plan to make all the starters, so Piplup is actually on t he list; can't say the same for the other 2 though.

Great that these pokémon can also attack, and they look very good.

You also did a good job on Prof. Oak :thumbup:

The only thing that bothers me is that the legs of the pokémon seem a little bit strange because the inverted stud-things are the same colour.

Maybe, if you make the parts between the legs black or something, the legs will look more like they should be.

But for the rest you did a very good job :pirate:

I actually did think about making a different color for the base, but all the other pieces are the same color on the base, so for consistency, I decided against it.

Charmander is awesome. :wub:

Planning on making the Gym Leaders?

-Omi

Do Brock and Misty count? I've already got decals for them completed (all their outfits, from all the seasons), now I just need to wait for the parts to arrive. The other Gym Leaders are on the list, way way wayyyy down near the bottom. One reason being that there are just too many Gym Leaders (8 for each 'region', 4 regions = 32 Gym Leaders).

I would sooner make the Elite Four before I make the Gym Leaders.

Truely excellent. I love the attacks. They look better than what I would imagine official LEGO pokemon would be. I only wish I could buy these to bride my siblings with..."Look a LEGO pokemon, ooh isn't it nice. Now if you go to bed then you can have one...."

It takes me about 3 days to make 1 figure piece. One day to plan and sculpt, one day to refine and detail, and one day to paint. You can pay me to make one for you especially, but you'll have to pay lots (assume the cost of 3 days of labor). So unless you can find someone to make molds and mass market them for me... unfortunately, I cannot help you. Though you are welcome to show your siblings the pictures of LEGO Pokemon, maybe that would get them to sleep... :sadnew:

Thank you for all the comments!

Update: Decals for all main characters are complete (except May); I promised Team Rocket before the end of March, and I intend to keep that promise. Jame's hair is complete, and Jessie's hair is easier to make. Characters included in Team Rocket set: Meowth, Wobbuffett (those will take about a week).

Cheers,

~tin7

Do Brock and Misty count? I've already got decals for them completed (all their outfits, from all the seasons), now I just need to wait for the parts to arrive. The other Gym Leaders are on the list, way way wayyyy down near the bottom. One reason being that there are just too many Gym Leaders (8 for each 'region', 4 regions = 32 Gym Leaders).

I would sooner make the Elite Four before I make the Gym Leaders.

Yeah Misty and Brock count of course. Just curious about the other 6 of the Kanto region. :)

And I look forward to more Pokemon.

-Omi

Oh boy, does this bring those days back...

Well done, your from-scratch Pokemon are top-notch. I really like how they're compatible with official Lego parts. Oak is pretty accurate as well.

Looking forward to more Pokemon custom figures, tin7!

Wow! Amazing, especially becuase the Pokemon can do their signature attacks :thumbup: I love how you made the topic like the begining of a game :thumbup::classic:

Lovely Pokemon figs tin7! :thumbup::wub:

The pokemons are so perfect! :wub:

Well done, and Im really looking forward to seeing more!

CommanderFox

I love your pokémon Tin7 :wub: .

Can´t wait to see your others.

By the way if you want all pokémon figures to be here maybe you could post yor Ash and Pikachu here too.

Minxter

Wow great job :thumbup: they bring back memories of when i was a kid and loved pokemon, Cant wait to see what others you make.

Yeah Misty and Brock count of course. Just curious about the other 6 of the Kanto region. :)

And I look forward to more Pokemon.

-Omi

I doubt I'll make the ones from the Kanto Region, I will try though. Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny are on my list though. What I'm trying to do is:

1) Make a character from the anime

2) Give this character 1 or 2 of his/her signature Pokemon (No evolved forms though, cause those would be harder to make, which is why there's a Charmander, but there never will be a Charizard).

Wow! Amazing, especially becuase the Pokemon can do their signature attacks :thumbup: I love how you made the topic like the begining of a game :thumbup::classic:

I had to find my old game and restart it to copy out exactly what Oak said in the beginning; I also meshed it with what Professor Rowan says in the beginning of Diamond and Pearl. I will try to make reference/homage to memorable dialogue/gags in the anime and games for each addition to this series that I post. March 31st will be my next post, stay tuned.

I love your pokémon Tin7 :wub: .

Can´t wait to see your others.

By the way if you want all pokémon figures to be here maybe you could post yor Ash and Pikachu here too.

Minxter

Ash is getting a new hairstyle, and new costumes, I will post him again later (once I figure out how to give him removable hats, since he has 3 different hats in the series).

Thanks for all the comments, they're really encouraging!

~tin7

Update: Wobbuffett and Meowth are done; still working on Jessie's hair... much much much harder than I imagined.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just died! these are amazing! im still into pokemon and these are just amazing!(i'm 15 so.. its not that bad.)

I really need some! can I try my own hand at making some? I sculpt warhammer miniatures so I would love to try, I hadn't though of it! ^^ all idea credit would go to you. ^^

omg this just made my day! ^^ you are one amazing guy

:oh: They are amazing!! How on Earth did you do that?! :thumbup:

I used to adore Pokemon. :cry_happy: Memories..

Keep up the good work!

I am 20 and I still love Pokemon! (Anime is bad but I watch it for fights).

If Lego would make Pokemon- I bet starters would look like yours- they are superb (yay for hidden functions!)

Can't wait for more starters and Team Rocket!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just died! these are amazing! im still into pokemon and these are just amazing!(i'm 15 so.. its not that bad.)

I really need some! can I try my own hand at making some? I sculpt warhammer miniatures so I would love to try, I hadn't though of it! ^^ all idea credit would go to you. ^^

omg this just made my day! ^^ you are one amazing guy

Of course you can try making one! Let me give you some tips.

1) Make the base stand first. If you're using Sculpey, roll it into a ball, and press it onto LEGO studs, that way after you cure the stand, it would fit back onto the studs; cure it.

2) After you have a hardened base, you can sculpt your Pokemon on top of the base, makes your life MUCH easier.

PM me if you need any further advice.

~tin7