Sign in to follow this  
Commander_Rob

Rebel Bulldozer

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I built this thing a while ago, originally intending to copy the small tracked vehicle from the Temple of Akator set after using it in the 2nd Indiana Jones game.

The design was changed and at some point I put a Hoth Rebel in it and so it became a Rebel vehicle. Some time ago it appeared in one of my pictures for the photography thread, now this is the full presentation.

So here is the Yutrane-Trackata BLD-0235, a small bulldozer-like vehicle used by Rebel troops on Hoth for patrol duty and for building defences.

Front 3/4:

4369932549_368c7f9c53_o.jpg

Rear:

4370682244_508ffee4c6_o.jpg

Side:

4370681916_291f17a84c_o.jpg

Without minifigs:

4370681446_226cc366da_o.jpg

In case anyone wonders, the background is snow.

More pics at my flickr

Comments and criticism welcome!

Edited by KimT

I like it. Small piece count but you know instantly what everything is and for. Good display. I like the back packs off the sides. Nice touch to the dozer.

Very nice little MOC 'Commander Rob' - must be a throwback to the 'Old Republic' days eh ? :grin:

Although maybe this 2440.gif might give you a better looking front end. They do come in white and light grey - perfect for the snow and rebel vehicles.

Good design job anyway and 'Commander Rob'........I'm a conformist! ! :yoda:

Overall I like the design. As the good Colenol said, I like the backpacks off the side.

My biggest beef is the grey set of wheels inside the tracks. I think it would look better if they were all grey or all white (white would probably look better, in my opinion). I understand completely if you have a limited brick supply, though.

Ahh I was wondering when you would post pics of this vehical Rob! :thumbup::sweet:

I like the desgine of it, the back would be a good little space to transport troops. :thumbup:

I like how you have used that old cockpit piece.

Nice job with the vehical!

CommanderFox

Thanks very much everybody, it's always nice to get so much appreciation for a simple design.

About the design: That piece would indeed make a better front end, lightningtiger, but I fear I only have it in dark green (Jungle Cutter) and a single white one (Tantive IV radar dish). If I had some more, I'd used that piece though.

I have some more of the track wheels in white somewhere and I'll probably put those on once I come across them. Until then, I'll just assume that those are the only powered wheels and thus look different (lazy excuse, but it works).

Those bags were actually more of a late addition, when I placed those two Rebels in the cockpit piece (one of my favourite Lego parts), I had to put their bags somewhere. I think it nicely recalls all the bags and packs you sometimes see on tanks and other military vehicles.

Thanks very much everybody, it's always nice to get so much appreciation for a simple design.

About the design: That piece would indeed make a better front end, lightningtiger, but I fear I only have it in dark green (Jungle Cutter) and a single white one (Tantive IV radar dish). If I had some more, I'd used that piece though.

I have some more of the track wheels in white somewhere and I'll probably put those on once I come across them. Until then, I'll just assume that those are the only powered wheels and thus look different (lazy excuse, but it works).

Those bags were actually more of a late addition, when I placed those two Rebels in the cockpit piece (one of my favourite Lego parts), I had to put their bags somewhere. I think it nicely recalls all the bags and packs you sometimes see on tanks and other military vehicles.

haha, seems your lazyness helped you out quite few times, lazyness or creativity... :thumbup:

Really nice little vehicle for the troops, I mainly like the backpack on the side. :thumbup:

Hello!

Indeed I think such vehicles were imparable for the Rebels on the ice planet. :classic: Good use of the big 5-wide cockpit piece.

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Definitely a good start. I could see all kinds of tracked vehicles being made for Hoth. I agree that the back-packs are a nice touch. Now you have me thinking...especially since I have been collecting the new Hoth sets. Hmmmmm...